The Travelling Superzoom - anyone up for it?

Obviously excepting Asha and Mrs Snap, alphabetical by forum user name is as random as anything else ;-)

Ok folks, so the randomized order (excepting Asha and Mrs Snap) is as follows:

@FishyFish
@Asha (overseas tog)
@medwaygreen
@Cheese Scientist
@Harlequin565
@RaglanSurf
@sirch
@Mrs Snap (mid-adventure film pitstop)
@Carl Hall
@desf
@simon ess
@angelpaaul
@Strappy
@StephenM

Please supply your address via PM to the person preceding you in the list so they can forward the camera on to you when it's your turn. I'll be sending it out in a suitable box and packing materials which will hopefully last the duration of the camera's journey as long as you each take some care when opening it (no axes or naked flames! :D).

If we each update this thread as and when we receive and dispatch the camera, we should be able to keep a track on where it is and when each person can roughly expect to receive it. If we each aim to take our five shots within a week of receiving the camera, then the first batch should be ready to publish atound mid-September, and the second lot in November-December. I do appreciate that people have other commitments and that unexpected events can arise at times though, so if you're going to need it a bit longer than expected, please post on here so that we know.

I'll load the camera up shortly and get my five in the bag and then it's over to the rest of you. :)

Last edited:
Does there have to be an obligatory mirror-selfie in there as the 1st shot? :)

when each person can roughly expect to receive it.

Just so you know that when I post out from here to @medwaygeen, parcels generally take 5 working days ( that doesn't include sat or sun) to arrive at a UK destination providing there are no unexpected delays in the postal system.

Just so you know that when I post out from here to @medwaygeen, parcels generally take 5 working days ( that doesn't include sat or sun) to arrive at a UK destination providing there are no unexpected delays in the postal system.

Do you remember I posted a filter to you (from UK to France) and it took about a month to arrive :eek:

Anyone who was at the F&C week in Cornwall a couple of years ago will know my track record with cameras. I promise to try not to break the superzoom during it's visit to me!! ;):LOL:

Anyone who was at the F&C week in Cornwall a couple of years ago will know my track record with cameras. I promise to try not to break the superzoom during it's visit to me!! ;):LOL:

and you're our pit stop mechanic?!!!:runaway::LOL:

My five shots are in the bag (or on the roll of Colorplus* in the camera, at least).

Now it begins the perilous international stage of its voyage as I send it across to France for @Asha to do his stuff.

I'll get it boxed up and off to the post office tomorrow or Monday. :)

* I know, I know. I'm spoiling you all with such an exotic and extravagant film stock. :D

Colour??? :wideyed:
How am I gunna cope with that when I "see" everything in greys:banghead::LOL:

I suppose some colourful Provencal scenes will please you lot!:rolleyes:;)

Now to decide what to shoot…...

Now to decide what to shoot…...

photo's of the locals sleeping off the celebrations from having a frenchman in the Yellow Jumper and another one winning a mountain stage yesterday - that should be good enough for a 5-6 day wine bender to allow the camera to make it over to you...

photo's of the locals sleeping off the celebrations from having a frenchman in the Yellow Jumper and another one winning a mountain stage yesterday - that should be good enough for a 5-6 day wine bender to allow the camera to make it over to you...

oh yes the French ( those that follow cycling) are very happy with the Tour atm;)

I haven't been watching much this year tbh but I'm kept updated wether I wish to be or not when i pass through the village.:rolleyes::LOL:

Some of the older guys (70 years + ) have, as they do each year, taken themselves off into the mountains for a few days to join in with the atmosphere on the mountain stages.

I'll be honest, I'm actually happy for them - it must be a complete PITA to host the biggest cycling event in the world every year, and not have any home grown talent making good since 1985... especially as there's been emerging nations like Kenya won it 4 times and even america 3 times (good old Greg!).

Now it begins the perilous international stage of its voyage as I send it across to France for @Asha to do his stuff.

I'll get it boxed up and off to the post office tomorrow or Monday. :)

Received " Oly" today(y)
All in good order and I've even managed to get it to start up without accidently exposing a frame.;)
Still trying to figure out where the DDS slides in though:thinking::LOL:

I think you'll find that the back is held on by extra powerful magnets, and a lot of force is needed to separate it. Think Chroma...

The parcel arrived this afternoon,I have not had a good look yet,but, will be taking my photographs over the next few days and sending on to Amanda next week.

I'll be on hol in Berwick-Upon-Tweed.

Holiday snaps, well they're forced to be the best images…..None of lifes pressures or lack of time etc to use as an excuse for naff shots
Not that we mean to put pressure on you Amanda but…….:exit::LOL:

This looks like fun!

I'm sorry I've missed it, but I look forward to the results.

I was thinking, if people are happy to reveal their general location (e.g. town, city etc.), that we could plot its movement on a map.

Hove, Sussex.

"I was thinking, if people are happy to reveal their general location (e.g. town, city etc.), that we could plot it's movement on a map."

Gillingham, Kent

Last edited:
That London

Northwich, Cheshire

Ah, a motley crewe :exit:

Back