The Travelling Superzoom - anyone up for it?

It'll be my "mirror selfie and the flash goes off"

Nonsense! You're not thinking clearly. Have you never come across back projection to put in a fake background? All the rage in the 1960s.
You mean everyone in the theatre didn't go down the Cresta Run on a tea trolley with Mike and Bernie Winters when I went to that Pantomime? Damn, all these years later and it turns out I've be had! :facepalm:

I think Timothy Leary was stood on the tea trolley behind you as you went down the run... :p

A short diversion off the motorway on the way back from visiting family yesterday and I managed to take my 5 shots just before the sun disappeared. Good job really looking at the weather today!

Oly will be winging it's way to Somerset tomorrow...

On the other hand, staying INSIDE the box should keep you warm and dry.

We can always rely on you to add a note of positivity to anything, Peter! :)
I'm sitting looking out at the drizzle that has soaked the garden I'm supposed to be doing today, especially cutting the grass. It wasn't in the forecast at midnight, but the service I use at Inverness airport clearly has people who look out the window and it now says that it is wet. :rolleyes:

Beautiful day here in Edinburgh...bet that changes before the superzoom gets here. :rolleyes:

As long as the weather is 'interesting' not grey drizzle or clear blue skies I'll be happy.

Had a bit of sunny weather today so I ventured out to get my five shots. Pretty sure my November FPOTY entry is on there so if we could get this project wrapped up by the end of November that would be helpful haha :LOL:

The camera will be in the post to @desf tomorrow (y):snaphappy:
Good stuff.

I'm back to work tomorrow after two weeks of holiday so expect dark moody pictures. :confused:

Superzoom is with me in Edinburgh now..! :)

Already mucked up the first shot by forgetting to turn off the flash. :banghead:
Gorgeous light on my cycle home but couldn't get a decent composition and a safe place to stop. :confused:

Last edited:
Ballsed up another shot this morning!

I'm not great at this fully auto shooting lark. :confused:

Oh well, one left to redeem myself....

I'm not great at this fully auto shooting lark.

I think Nige said that the loser would get to keep the camera and be forced to shoot it with Colour Plus for a year. Sure that's what he said :)

Camera picked up this morning.

It's dull here today (Wirral), looks like better weather tomorrow. Now, where to go and what to take ..........

Regards - Paul

This superzoom is very similar to one in my collection. it's an Olympus MJU III 115.

I'm rubbish at using that so the results should be interesting :LOL: Auto cameras, pah!! Give me a good manual camera anytime :snaphappy:

Paul

Erm ... well ..... I erm .... this is embarasing :oops: :$ I accidentally took 6 shots instead of 5 :oops: :$ I obviously can't count, sorry chaps.

Does this mean once this is over I have to keep the camera?

Paul

I'm the last in the chain, and there's the assumption that there may be an extra frame. So if the next person sticks at 5, I'll probably get my full five.

Last edited:
I'm the last in the chain, and there's the assumption that there may be an extra frame. So if the next person sticks at 5, I'll proably get my full five.

Sorry, stupid mistake. You can normally sneak an extra one at the end, hope you can this time. Again, sorry.

And if not, fewer frames will be wasted:)

Back