The Ultimate Car Rig Photography Thread!

hi guys, this is my first try... bash it!
c3mai2772.jpg

Absolutely love all those different colour temperatures and the swirls above the car. One of the most eye-catching rig shots I've seen for ages.

hello folks. Loving this thread, my cuppa tea!!! I've made a rig, 4.5M works well but need a wider lens than my 18mm on a cropped sensor. Curenntly using window suction cups which makes me very nervous. I've had a good look through but i cant seem to find, can some-one tell me which of these two would be best to use.
http://www.manfrotto.co.uk/pump-cup-with-flat-base
or
http://www.manfrotto.co.uk/pump-cup-with-16mm-swivel-socket

i already have a couple of super clamps for the rig im using so i think thats all i need to have a bit more trust in the whole set up.

Here is my first ever attempt at a rig shot, in the dark, in the work van. I might have slightly lowered it a bit in photoshop aswell.

BNG_7804_edited-1.jpg

Great to see other people getting into this thread now!

I am off out tonight for the first rig shots of the year for me! Can't wait

Will post up the results, gonna be a bit rusty I think. Been a while!

thanks for the reply, thats not a bad price. ill invest it those next month. but for this month my homemade jobby hasnt done too bad, ive been quite pleased. Here is what i shot on my first attempt. Let me know what you think. Thanks.
BNG_7907_edited-2.jpg

BNG_7876_edited-2.jpg

BNG_7849_edited-2.jpg

To be honest I haven't even used it. I had to flog my lenses, so had nothing wide enough to use.. got a wee 24mm so might have a go with it..

Mine is made with 1&1/4 aerial mast, then sleeved with 1&3/8 exhaust pipe, bolted together with M8 bolt's with butterfly bolts on one side for removal.

what did you use for the tension wire and how did you attatch it?

Good shots peeps, going get some bits together and give it a go :)

----

Would imagine PP would be about 15-20 mins for hard stuff Eddy, depends on your PS experience

Drew

Everything in this thread has made me want a rig more than my next breath. I have to get it done! help!

Looking at pricing up some tubing for the rig - I know round tube is most common but would square tube be better or worse? Would fit in the superclamps better - Also what size/wall thickness are people choosing?

Cheers

Drew

Back