The universal trigger interface (The little box)

Thanks, there is no actual list at the moment but the final board is designed and ready so I'm now looking at manufacturers for the board/device etc. I wanted an idea re device numbers.

Hi all,

I already wrote in a different thread but have not received any response. I am looking for a lightning trigger to take lightning photos.

Is there anyone who has experienced one of the following brands? Which one do you recommend?

Nero

www.nerotrigger.com

Patchmaster

www.pmgadgets.net

AEO

www.aeophoto.com

Thanks in advance..

This isn't a thread about different models you should start your own this is a thread talking about a specific one.

BUT The first two are virtual clones of each other with no useful display and less functions. The third one is worse because it just does one function and you have to buy a new one for each other function (although to be fair it is not really the same thing). Also none of them is particularly great value when you consider what you get when compared to a universal model that is reprogrammable and with extras :) shhhhhhh.

The big announcement:

I have a financial backer and the device is in the final stages of being turned into a commercial product.

The device WILL be launched at the Talk Photography show with water droplet and sound/vibration triggers.

I don't want to spoil all the surprises but just after the initial launch there will be launches of the laser trigger, solenoid control unit (for multi drops) and an interface which will connect the device to your computer allowing the device and camera to be controlled from an application on your desktop. Also an alarm system and lightning interface are probable IF there is demand.

The device will have a 16x2 full LCD display so it is VERY simple to use and with every function we could think of :D It will also be upgradeable with new software available from our web site.

Thank you for your patience but I think you will find that the wait was worth it.......

There will even be a new forum on here to share info, hints, tips and pictures (thanks Marcel)

Any idea how much it'll cost, I've had a quick look in the thread but its huge, just in case you've already answered it, but cannot find where you may have estimated what it will be?

I'm not sure I should have announced it yet :nono:

We have a special show price and a retail price thought up. I'll get back to the thread later but it will be good value :D

cowasaki said:
I'm not sure I should have announced it yet :nono:

We have a special show price and a retail price thought up. I'll get back to the thread later but it will be good value :D

When's the tp show?

Link in my signature :)

Will be worth a trip for all the other stuff too

Bum. (which is about as rude as I can make it). Too far north on a bad weekend for me.

Been waiting for this for a while, I guess I can wait longer...

ok time me for me to put my head over the parapet! :wave:

Darren has been kind enough to allow me to match his amazing technical skills with my business background to bring this great product to market
You can think of me as Darren's Dragon!

so what does this mean?

any questions, observations, etc. of a techie nature will find themselves very rapidly in Darren's in-tray :)
anything to do with the business side of things will be heading my way

so to get the ball rolling...

we have formed a company called Photo Triggers Ltd
the website and shop will be coming on-air soon

we are formally launching at the tp [Convention] 12th and 13th May

Darren will be demonstrating how to make terrific droplet pictures
his pretty young assistant (ok, I lied about some of that) will be sitting close by with a pile of boxes and a credit-card machine

anyone who buys at the conference will get 25% off list price

to be fair to anyone who can't make it to the Convention
we're extending this offer to anyone who places an order before the launch
and just to show how generous we are, that includes UK postage!

pricing will be released in the next few days :rules:
we're still finalising the last details, dotting the T's and crossing the I's

watch this space! (y)

I do so want one but I'm going to have to be creative so SWMBO doesn't find out !! ??

Definitely up for one of these, been waiting with bated breath since you first floated the idea. Sadly won't be able to make the convention, as it's only a few days before I get wed and Mrs Dave might be a bit miffed with that.

Will be placing an ordert as soon as I physically can though !!

Ditto, been following this for ages. Can't make the convention but I'll be ordering as soon as it's available.

Ooooh this is exciting news :D

Darren, put one by for me at the convention... oh and show me how to use it ;)

No problem at all....

Mike is the Steve Jobs of the organisation whilst I am the Steve Wosniak :)

BUT Mike also knows about electronics as much as I do, he plays that down :LOL:

Without him I would probably have been aiming for the convention, but the convention 2018.... I can get on with the nitty gritty of getting things to work as expected, doing the programming and thinking up new devices whilst Mike metaphorically prods me with a stick, tells me there are acid traps in my circuit board layouts and tells me to try and get rid of a 2p component if I can, sources components, does the business stuff and organises having them made etc :) We have a good overlap and areas where we know what we are doing etc so it works brilliantly.

I will be running a water droplet demonstration on day 1 and if I can fit it in a sound/vibration trigger demo on day 2.

We are holding back on all the other interfaces (for production) before the show so that the 3 most important ones i.e. the control unit, the sound/vibration and the droplet trigger are finished to a high standard.

We will take feedback in relation to the others but that will appear over the next few months even though they will be finished before the show.... In fact I have 4 of them working on my bench now :)

This does sound very promising and I'm sure it's gonna work out well for all involved - and us "punters" - looking forwards to seeing the pricing and availability info - well done all :)

JIm

I'll start a list of people who have expressed an interest
as soon as we release pricing I can turn that into orders
that way you qualify for the launch discount

oh - and we can label the box as "essential household equipment" if it gets it past the censors! :)

Can I ask what payment methods you're planning on being able to handle ?

indeed!
cash, of course
we have been assured that we will be able to process credit and debit cards
although I suspect not American Express as the fees are HUUUUUGE

now that cheque guarantee cards are no more, cheques will regrettably be refused with a smile!

PayPal is ok

shiny beads - hmm - unlikely as the exchange rate is so variable!

small children, unless chimney-trained, won't be accepted

:exit::runaway::coat:
indeed!
cash, of course
we have been assured that we will be able to process credit and debit cards
although I suspect not American Express as the fees are HUUUUUGE

now that cheque guarantee cards are no more, cheques will regrettably be refused with a smile!

PayPal is ok
shiny beads - hmm - unlikely as the exchange rate is so variable!

small children, unless chimney-trained, won't be accepted

Paypal :clap:

Small children - what's wrong with the organs of the ones who failed the chimney sweep training then ? :naughty: :puke:

Last edited:
no access to a fridge on the day :(

so far I have "me me me" from

JonathanRyan
Bondy
hzv5wk
DrRusty
Byker28i
yoby
jamesoliverstone
gary996
shotokan101

if anyone else wants their name on the list
now is a good time to bellow!

if you're on the list under false pretences - just say and you will be quietly removed
might even take your name off the list!

Mike

Last edited:
I'm interested, depending on price/spec of course.

One question...will the unit be able to trigger my camera? I run Canon 5DII. I've seen other units, but they all need me to buy bits of cabling and a soldering iron to make a connection between the two. Will yours have the facility for connections supplied?

(The last unit I looked at the guy told me to buy a remote trigger, cut off the business end, buy some cable and a jack plug and work out which cable went where, then solder it together!!!)

Last edited:
Well you're in luck! I also have a 5DII, so I can guarantee that it will work!
The kit comes with one camera lead, Canon and Nikon obviously, others, just let us know
As long as your camera has an external connection, we should be able to fire it.
It's also very easy to check as one of the modes is manual!
Mike

so far I have "me me me" from

JonathanRyan
Bondy
hzv5wk
DrRusty
Byker28i
yoby
jamesoliverstone
gary996
shotokan101

if anyone else wants their name on the list
now is a good time to bellow!

if you're on the list under false pretences - just say and you will be quietly removed
might even take your name off the list!

Mike

Subject to cost of course ;)

interest expressed by:

Bondy
Byker28i
Donnie
DrRusty
gary996
Gonetae
hzv5wk
jamesoliverstone
JonathanRyan
shotokan101
yoby

mmcp42 said:
interest expressed by:

Bondy
Byker28i
Donnie
DrRusty
gary996
Gonetae
hzv5wk
jamesoliverstone
JonathanRyan
shotokan101
yoby

Needless to say cost will be a factor for me so I'm tenative depending on cost.

Needless to say cost will be a factor for me so I'm tenative depending on cost.

fair enough
just registering "expressions of interest" at this stage

will be raiding your bank account at a later date! :nuts:

interest expressed by:

B1ts
Baldrik
Bondy
Byker28i
davekiddle
Donnie
DrRusty
farrance
gary996
Gonetae
hzv5wk
jamesoliverstone
Jerm
JohnN
Johnny_Thunder
JonathanRyan
lostsoulal2
Mickwreay
Mike.P
mike_6480
Organic
p444ete
redhed17
Sam S
shotokan101
stormcrow
TCR4x4
Uneducated_Rick
yoby

hmm wonder if it's time to start a new thread rather than hundreds (well a boy can dream) of almost identical lists

list now over in the phototriggers forum

Last edited:
Registering interest too, but dependant on cost!
Are we looking at closer to £300 or £50?

Back