The universal trigger interface (The little box)

Registering interest too, but dependant on cost!
Are we looking at closer to £300 or £50?

well if you're offering £300 you can go straight to the front of the queue :clap:
not being coy (ok I am) price will be within the limits you mentioned :rules:

I'm struggling to wade through all the tech info on this thread :thinking:

I build aero engines for a living & they seem simple after trying to understand the first few pages :bonk:

In lay terms, is this a remote timing device?
Sounds very interesting & would be interested in such a piece of kit. Love watching some of the antics on MythBusters using remote firing devices.

Sorry if I'm asking dumb questions :shrug:

Mick

I'm struggling to wade through all the tech info on this thread :thinking:

I build aero engines for a living & they seem simple after trying to understand the first few pages :bonk:

In lay terms, is this a remote timing device?
Sounds very interesting & would be interested in such a piece of kit. Love watching some of the antics on MythBusters using remote firing devices.

Sorry if I'm asking dumb questions :shrug:

Mick

"there are no dumb questions - only dumb answers"

It's a camera trigger
any one of a number of things can trigger the camera:
  • button on the top of the box
  • water droplet breaking a light beam
  • sound (bursting balloon, gunshot...)
  • timer

Mk I will feature the water droplet trigger (with demo at the conference)
sound trigger will also be available

other triggers will follow
I think that's the "management overview"

Last edited:
Put me down as expressing an interest please.

Subject to cost and that it will come disguised as a toaster (can't justify a new ironing board as I got her one of those when I bought the 100-400mm) ;)

no problem
when we take orders we'll need
- payment method
- camera (so we know what lead to supply)
- box labelling (any small domestic appliance will be supported!)

Will my Pentax K-5 be supported and if so will we be able to purchase an extra lead if we have 2 makes of camera?

I don't know that camera, but if it has an external socket - it's in with a serious chance

if you can take a look at the camera or even dare I say RTFM and tell me what sockets it has ...

kit will come with one lead
leads for other cameras will be available at very reasonable prices
well I think they're reasonable!

I know the official launch is at the convention in May so does that mean you will not be announcing pricing and taking orders/payment from those of us who can't attend until after that?

I know the official launch is at the convention in May so does that mean you will not be announcing pricing and taking orders/payment from those of us who can't attend until after that?

The only reason I've held back on pricing is we are still finalising the box it all goes in

electronics is a doddle (isn't it Darren?)

we know exactly what we want, but prising prices out of suppliers is a nightmare
you'd think they'd be keen for business:wacky:

once that's sorted we should be in a position to go public with pricing

then we can take real orders (and money :) )

should we ship before the launch? - hmm must talk to marketing about that (dammit that's me :( )

real bottleneck will be production
will be better placed to make that call once it all comes together

will keep you posted as the plot unravels
Mike

Will my Pentax K-5 be supported and if so will we be able to purchase an extra lead if we have 2 makes of camera?

The Pentax K5 is ALREADY supported as it uses the same 2.5mm stereo jack connection as the Canon 500D.

We will be opening a new sub forum for the trigger very shortly.

Once we do I will include a comprehensive list of all supported cameras.

Basically ANY camera that currently has a WIRED remote will work - but I will have to make an adapter for some. I will do this as people express an interest. It basically means buying a chinese wired remote and chopping the cable off it :D

Interested price dependant too.

You may have noticed on the TP front page a new forum which you can't get into, this is the dedicated forum for Photo Triggers. We will be announcing stuff in there on the run up to the convention and also afterwards.

There is a thread in there which lists cables for dozens of camera including Olympus, Minolta, Sony, Pentax, Contax, Samsung, Fuji, Kodak, Nikon and Canon.

There are also cables to studio lighting equipment.

The reason I've already listed the cables is to show how extensive the camera support will be.

The forum will be open as soon as Admin flick the switch.

Is like to Express an interest too as I've been thinking if getting something like this.

My cameras are 1D3 and 5D although I'd use the 1D more I suspect!

All price dependant of course :)

Put me down as interested, dependent on price (of course ;)) and how much money I have at the time. :shrug:

Would I have to get a modified lead for the Nikon D300S?

I use the 10 pin connection on the front for remote control at the moment.

Nikon D300s is covered
Canon 5D is covered
Canon 1D is covered
:)

Splendid, I've broken the good news the the better half and she's cool, so now stop looking at forums and get back to building ;)

Let us know if you want it sending in a trowel box we seem to be getting a collection of requests for alternative packaging :LOL:

Splendid, I've broken the good news the the better half and she's cool, so now stop looking at forums and get back to building ;)

Let us know if you want it sending in a trowel box we seem to be getting a collection of requests for alternative packaging :LOL:

aha it seems the elves have been busy and the new shiny forum is open for business

ladies & gentlemen I offer you the photo triggers forum and, as promised,
prices!!

form an orderly queue, there's plenty for everyone!

I'll stop keeping the "expressions of interest" updated here and update it there instead!

for the "hard-of-clicking" it's this thread

Last edited:
Not sure if its just me and beer :)
Cant see any prices?

er click the link in the post above yours
open the announcements forum
find this thread

post #4 "the big reveal"

do hope you can see the prices
let me know if you can't

thanks
Mike

(or pass me a beer - which would also work :) )

mmcp42 said:
aha it seems the elves have been busy and the new shiny forum is open for business

ladies & gentlemen I offer you the photo triggers forum and, as promised,
prices!!

form an orderly queue, there's plenty for everyone!

I'll stop keeing the "expressions of interest" updated here and update it there instead!

Is it panto season already. Oh no there isn't. :)

Is it panto season already. Oh no there isn't. :)

"oh yes it is - he's behind you!"

bizarre
I have had another user check - and it's all there!
someone has even posted in the thread

er :shrug:

Back