The unofficial "Show Off Your Photography Related Xmas Presents" thread.

She looks gorgeous Alan, she looks good natured , is she

Yes, she is a typical Labrador ( but with no tail!) and has a lovely nature. Its like she's always lived with us but has only been here since last Wednesday.

Oh, and I got a monopod too

Allan

Been out today and my sister bought me a canon bg-e5 to replace the third party grip I already have.

:thinking: Is the Canon 3rd party grip now going into the classifieds then :shrug: :p

I havent been on here for a while as have been using borrowed work kit so couldnt really get going with my photography.
Have been spoilt by my other half for Birthday and Christmas present and now have a D5000. Just need to make my mind up on what lens to get now....
Also got lots of books, small Nikon bag, lens pen and a 4gb card. Very happy indeed

Yes, she is a typical Labrador ( but with no tail!) and has a lovely nature. Its like she's always lived with us but has only been here since last Wednesday.

Oh, and I got a monopod too

Allan

No tail :cautious:

I got a remote control Landrover Discovery LR3, a box of Revels and a hot toddie kit (excl. whisky). A lot more than I normally get! :)

I suppose I'll just have to treat myself to a 70-300L when it becomes available here. :D

iPad. On which I'm typing this !

Love it BTW

Had some Amazon book tokens so I brought:

The Essential Guide to Portraits [Paperback]
Daniel Lezano (Author, Editor)

and

Wedding Photography: The Complete Guide
Mark Cleghorn

cant wait to get them and start reading

Hence the reason we still have our Chritmas tree in one piece!

She has a tail about 3 inches long. Dont know what happened to it, we got her from Dogs Trust, she came like that!

Allan

Hence the reason we still have our Chritmas tree in one piece!

She has a tail about 3 inches long. Dont know what happened to it, we got her from Dogs Trust, she came like that!

Allan

Excellent, she does look lovely...

We had Great Danes when I grew up and the tails on them are crazy. Stuff in the house was always being sent flying :D

But lovely dogs, miss them loads :(

my only photography pressie was a sigma 85mm 1.4 but it was from myself! well, i bought it a few weeks ago and then any money i got for bday and crimbo are going towards paying it off, i did manage to leave it under the tree after testing it though!

My only photography related present was from myself! A travel tripod - namely a Giottos Vitruvian CF one. Came from Stuart at Digital Depot - great price and swift delivery. Still not had a proper play but now toe is good enough for me to get shoes on, should be able to get out and about to have a proper use of the thing.

I got the Sun Sniper "Steel". Very happy! Will be much more comfortable on my trips out now, and wont look like a tourist! ;-) Will be good for the next Cambridge TP meet too!

I also got the book "50 Photo Projects", so you can me to get even more creative in 2011!

My lovely wife surpriced me with a new 7D:)

So she now has to decide wether to have my 50D or stick with her camera. She finds it to heavy but she's been using it for the day so we will see:)

Only a 500 GB USB HDD and some cash towards Photoshop Elements 9.

Just need the money to buy the computer now :-(

I got a book from the folks about milestones in photographic history. Nice coffee table book. Other than that my spending on photo kit has to wait until I have some dosh for a 300mm

You bought from alldigital0869? :nono:

Your money I suppose.

:thinking: How did you work that out from a picture :shrug:

They may have copied that picture as a reference....

yep. alldigital0869. arrived very quick like for this weather and i love it. costed me only 16 quid too :p

yep. alldigital0869. arrived very quick like for this weather and i love it. costed me only 16 quid too :p

Thats really good! Might have to look into one of those as mine is getting very backed!

What's wrong with that seller? I bought some stuff from that seller and the service was great.

When the sale goes wrong they decide not to play by DSR rules and claim ignorance of them. Any negs they receive they attempt to have them removed and when that doesn't work they attempt bribery.

Now that they have lost their 100% rating recenty they are starting to use their buying account (was filterfantastic08, now name has changed to tpbonline) to sell so it wouldn't surprise me if they pull a switch soon.

I'd be quite happy to do anything in my power to reduce their sales.

I had the best gift i could think of, our Golden retreiver had to have 2 life saving operations in December and lived to share Christmas with us, we dont know how much longer he will be with us as it seems another Tumour has returned.
You may think this is non photographic but i take sooooo many pics of him to me it is.

showphoto.php
[/url][/IMG]

I also had a Black rapid RS-7, Lowepro Classified 250AW and a remote shutter, but i know which i would rather show a pic of.

Happy 2011 to everyone.

This is Photographic Keep showing pics mate. I just love dogs. And pictures of them always make me look twice !

Wish him well(y)

My mum got our african grey parrot one of those harnesses... Parrot one not a dog one before anyone mentions it - cant really see me getting on her thou, not without losing a few fingers in the process - bet its a lot easier to fit a dog than a parrot :LOL:

I got 2 yongnuo YN-460 mk2 flashes. RF-602 1trigger and 3 receivers. 3 gorilla pods. 3 small softbox diffusers for the flashes. 3 new sets of rechargeable batteries. A copy of boudoir photography book. That's it photography wise. Normal load of smells, socks, choccy etc. Best pressie was a trip to Rome from my wife.

web.jpg

And a Polarising Filter for it and a GorillaPod too :eek:)

Had planned to stop off at a few nice playes in the Yorkshire Dales on my trip across the country today, but was wet and miserable so didn't think it was worth spending half the day trying and failing to keep the mist off my new lens - but plenty more opportunities for photos soon :)

Last edited:
i got a few things, girlfriends parents got me a lowpro nova 180aw, got a huge backpack but this is ideal for holidays or quick trips out.

lownova180aw.jpg

also spent the money my missus got me and put some towards and got a canon 28-300

IMAG0060.jpg

plus a few jessops vouchers so need to spend them but they never have what i want in stock :(

Got a hahnel combi tf which I've fully tested today (taking shots for next years crimbo cards) and am very pleased with it. My wife managed to source me a Cokin Z-pro ND grad filter kit and adaptor am very much looking forward trying those.

My sister got me one of these. She was gutted that she couldn't get me the camera I wanted because her fiance has just been made redundant, so she got me this camera instead.
Took a lot of persuading that I didn't expect anything more than their company for the day.

igDHc.jpg

also spent the money my missus got me and put some towards and got a canon 28-300

IMAG0060.jpg

plus a few jessops vouchers so need to spend them but they never have what i want in stock :(

Cool! Is that a current Canon lens? It looks like a 'pull zoom' and I didn't realise that anyone made those any more :shrug:. Anyway, as it's L glass, it's sure to have great optics, which is what really matters most :).

Congrats (y)!

I got Understanding Exposure by Bryan Peterson. As a newcomer to all this stuff found it very interesting and learnt a lot from what I have read so far (about half the book in one sitting..) (y)

A Tamron 28-300 which I bought here a few weeks back.
As it was a present from the wife I was not allowed to use it until Xmas Day :puke:

I did practise a lot with it though while I was waiting :D

Back