The virus. PPE. Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adults get an inactivated (killed) vaccine, so they aren't really getting a mild dose of the flu, though it may feel that way for a day or two. These mild side effects are associated with the vaccine stimulating your immune system to protect you against flu. There was a claim a few years ago that flu vaccines in children might make them more susceptible to to other respiratory infections, but this did not stand up to scrutiny in later studies: https://academic.oup.com/cid/article/57/6/789/329048 .
Cheers.
Nice to know some people are capable of a reasoned response. ;)

Who in the NHS will be brave enough to do/suggest that when it might be shown that the lack of fully trained ICU/HDU nurses might have led to unnecessary deaths? Answer - no-one.
If the Health Secretary suggests it I bet the NHS would get on board.
Which is what I have said, the changes will be imposed on them.

Where are all these magical extra staff you want to just take care of a ventilator (ignoring all Ive written before obviously about why it wouldn't work anyway)?

Your wife does not catch a "mild dose of the flu" as a result of a vaccine.

Training on new equipment in the nhs is generally done by the rep and they are usually ex healthcare workers. This trainings usually done on an ad hoc basis, we had some new ventilators last year and they could not be put into general use until 80% of staff were trained, this took well over a month.
Would I be right in thinking that all the training was staggered so the 80% weren't all training at once? If so, training new people can be done all at once and it won't take a month.

So the nursing staff from all the areas that are going to be put on a back burner for now will be laid off will they? Or will they be transferred to the higher priority ICU's to help out. That will take up some of the slack. You have already said yourself that nurses in their last year of training will be fast tracked, they won't all be specifically ICU trained.
That's a start.

They are being redeployed already, some to non patient facing roles or very low risk roles away from the front line, some the other way round in an attempt to upskill them.
As for slack, there is none.

Which is what I have said, the changes will be imposed on them.

Hah! Circumstance may play a role but imposed?

Would I be right in thinking that all the training was staggered so the 80% weren't all training at once? If so, training new people can be done all at once and it won't take a month.

It was indeed staggered due to shift work and clinical care needed by patients, again you show a lack of knowledge of how clinical health care systems work by suggesting that they can be all done at once, it can't.

Red Bull team lead suggested Drivers should get infected with Covid,

"They are all strong young men in good health. That way they would be prepared whenever the action starts," he said.
The rest of Red Bull management were against the idea, which was abandoned.
"Let's put it this way: it has not been well received," Marko said.

Last edited:
I'm sat here in my parent's house garage convered study facing the road, in a quiet village in North Somerset, WFH. An ambulence pulled up and took away a mid-40's guy (according to my parents who knew neighbours). The guy looks can barely walk and had a surgical mask, while the ambulance staff were also wearing PPE........

I thought we'd be safe in this tiny village.

Also today, I'm told I'm in an essential role and has been issued the letter to show police/school. They say I got to be in work 25% of the time. I can do my work from home and I will WFH thank you very much.
(though may go into work fetch some dev hardware this or next week)

Maybe someone decided to move down from London and brought the virus with them...

Red Bull team lead suggested Drivers should get infected with Covid,

"They are all strong young men in good health. That way they would be prepared whenever the action starts," he said.
The rest of Red Bull management were against the idea, which was abandoned.
"Let's put it this way: it has not been well received," Marko said.

Wonderful - make the drivers immune with no one to watch because they are all in lockdown. Get someone else to do the thinking, old boy. You are not very good at it.

There is a world of difference between a sales demonstration and actual training on how to use a piece of equipment.
I think we are going round in circles here :(.

I'm sat here in my parent's house garage convered study facing the road, in a quiet village in North Somerset, WFH. An ambulence pulled up and took away a mid-40's guy (according to my parents who knew neighbours). The guy looks can barely walk and had a surgical mask, while the ambulance staff were also wearing PPE........ etc. etc ...................

Maybe you should get a mask PDQ. Could have been some of these KGB dodgepots throwing Novichok about :LOL:

It was indeed staggered due to shift work and clinical care needed by patients, again you show a lack of knowledge of how clinical health care systems work by suggesting that they can be all done at once, it can't.
But they are no longer "required" in their former roles. So they can be trained all at once. Like i said, existing systems are going to have to adapt.

You have said the NHS is short of nurses, now you say they aren't. You need to make your mind up.
No you need to read what I say and not keep trying to point score.

Theres no slack because the nhs has been working on too few staff for so long.

time to change the tune . Last night I had a weird vision /daydream or thought whatever you want to call it , what IF this was an made by the Chinese ,and they already had the antidote .. give it to a few thousand citizens send them off to infect the world lots will initially die but after a month the remaining Chinese population will be given the antidote .
After a month Europe is shut down medically and economically , the USA follows shortly after ... then the chinese move in buying up the businesses or even invading where required ,while the world has its back turned to other matters ... .. they then rule the planet without a shot being fired
Hmmmm total fantasy or like a plot from a sci fi movie or red dawn ...

the more I try to pick holes in this fantasy the more sense it makes think about it ??

No you need to read what I say and not keep trying to point score.

Theres no slack because the nhs has been working on too few staff for so long.
I'm not point scoring, you contradicted yourself.

time to change the tune . Last night I had a weird vision /daydream or thought whatever you want to call it , what IF this was an made by the Chinese ,and they already had the antidote .. give it to a few thousand citizens send them off to infect the world lots will initially die but after a month the remaining Chinese population will be given the antidote .
After a month Europe is shut down medically and economically , the USA follows shortly after ... then the chinese move in buying up the businesses or even invading where required ,while the world has its back turned to other matters ... .. they then rule the planet without a shot being fired

the more I try to pick holes in this fantasy the more sense it makes think about it ??
So why did they shoot themselves first? In any case, where is your evidence?

That theory has been floating around on the internet.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?st...sfnsn=scwspmo&extid=w5KXAmkADit2FI1R&d=n&vh=i

I cant see the USA being wiped out so easily, sure they are losing people in NY but their Army/Navy/AirForce is massive and not forgetting they have nuclear armed/powered subs that are very likely so far un-affected as they have been in self isolation for quite a while.
And presumably the Russians will co-join the Chinese as according to figures Russia is hardly affected by CV.

time to change the tune . Last night I had a weird vision /daydream or thought whatever you want to call it , what IF this was an made by the Chinese ,and they already had the antidote ..

Falls apart at the first hurdle being that it wasn't made, there's no evidence in the slightest that it was manufactured. All evidence points to it originating in bats before jumping to another type of animal, and then to humans.

I cant see the USA being wiped out so easily.
It's more of destroying economies. China's economy only took a small hit and people are returning to work. Any future trade negotiations and China pretty much holds all the cards.

Falls apart at the first hurdle being that it wasn't made, there's no evidence in the slightest that it was manufactured. All evidence points to it originating in bats before jumping to another type of animal, and then to humans.
Just because it wasn't made in a lab, it doesn't mean it can't be strategically allowed to spread.

Congratulations on your elevation to Covidiot!

I saw that report too and thought it was appalling. One officer saw a man on the ground after he'd been hit by one of his colleague and decided to walk 10 metres to give him another whack. Pretty hefty sticks too.

Bit of a contrast:

Nice Police...:) Police hand-washing tutorial
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e23_thxzQIc

Not so nice police: :( Throwing tumeric-dyed water onto lockdown breakers to ID and shame them :eek:

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/indian-police-pour-turmeric-water-090000808.html

...and back to type.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdDGUvLoJvI

thugs in uniform.

It's that cunning Chinese plan where they've shown us exactly how the epidemic can be controlled, and we've basically ignored them.
That's if you believe the 80k cases and just 3k deaths, they can still appear to have controlled the spread within their own country after strategically let it spread to other countries. It's not as if the rest of China went into lockdown. How did they manage to stop it spreading to other parts of China before having locked down Wuhan?

That's if you believe the 80k cases and just 3k deaths, they can still appear to have controlled the spread within their own country after strategically let it spread to other countries. It's not as if the rest of China went into lockdown. How did they manage to stop it spreading to other parts of China before having locked down Wuhan?
exactly there's more to this than what's being announced ,yes my little conspiracy theory was just joke to calm down the brownie points argument that was ongoing tween a couple of bitches on here .. but IS it that far out of line ..time will tell ... everything comes to light eventually .. are events like this in past times the spur that started religion .. one thing is for certain mankind for all its cleverness has been humbled by a unseen bug .. will a different world arise from this .. we can only hope

No I just don't take a blinkered view on everything. I am open minded and look for solutions. Some people are just unwilling to recognise there is more than one way of looking or doing things.
Screw up an engine & what have you lost? a bit of mangled metal, screw up ventilating a patient (who is out cold sedated) & you could lose a life.......

conspiracy_theories.png

https://xkcd.com/258/

I'm sat here in my parent's house garage convered study facing the road, in a quiet village in North Somerset, WFH. An ambulence pulled up and took away a mid-40's guy (according to my parents who knew neighbours). The guy looks can barely walk and had a surgical mask, while the ambulance staff were also wearing PPE........

I thought we'd be safe in this tiny village.

Also today, I'm told I'm in an essential role and has been issued the letter to show police/school. They say I got to be in work 25% of the time. I can do my work from home and I will WFH thank you very much.
(though may go into work fetch some dev hardware this or next week)

You're quite safe in your tiny village, provided you don't go up-close & personal with the people around you.

My next door neighbours have had the virus: she works as a nurse, had close contact with a patient subsequently found to be infected & had to stay home & self-isolate. Her husband had flu-like symptoms and his daughter had full CoV-19 symptoms. If we'd stood talking over the fence with them then we'd have had it too, but we didn't and AFAIK we've still not been infected (their isolation ended last weekend).

Don't be afraid to go to work - I'm working full time still - just be sensible.

Last edited:
So far, two flat-earthers have popped up in this thread, I wonder if the number will rise :(.

Just heard from a relative that the only shop in the village has announced closure “until further notice” because people wouldn’t keep to separation distances. It’s not an isolated place but still ... :(.

Screw up an engine & what have you lost? a bit of mangled metal, screw up ventilating a patient (who is out cold sedated) & you could lose a life.......
Which is why you receive training.
Why are you all so obsessed with this engine s***?

So far, two flat-earthers have popped up in this thread, I wonder if the number will rise :(.
I never said I believed it, but there is a s***load that just doesn't add up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back