The virus. PPE. Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would make sense at this point for the current government to eject the disruptive influences and replace them from the opposition parties to form a government of national unity.

Unfortunately, sense is not something the current government appear to be displaying at the moment.

Who knows, may have been better, may have been worse, no question he would have made mistakes but i don't think he would allow Cummings off the hook and I cant see how he could have been any worse!

Credit where credit is due though, the furlough scheme has probably saved heaven knows how many jobs.

In my youth days we would chip in and buy a pack of Sobranie(sp?) black russian, 'coz it wuz kool' to walk around with a black ciggy with a gold filter, in hindsight we probably looked propper d******ds.
If you were Cardiff born or knew the city, you would know all about the 'bear shop', a tobbaconist in the city centre that sold just about anything smokable (legally) and some very strange chocolates too. Every day they would drag out a stuffed grizzly bear and stand it just outside the doorway, hence the nick name. As nippers we would dare each other to touch the teeth.

View attachment 280321
Another strange link. There used to be a similar stuffed (or was it a “statue”?) Grizzly in the entrance to Catesby’s Store on the corner of Goodge St/Tottenham Court Road, that I used to see most days. Now a listed building (64-67 Tottenham Court Road https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1061382) :).

Reactions: mex
Hilarious clip on the Daily Heil website of Cummings protesting that the Press are not socially distancing and them shouting back “hypocrite, hypocrite!”.

One of the rules in politics is to make plenty of friends, not having many made life difficult for Theresa May. Cummings has spent more time making enemies than friends, it’s notable that many of the Tory MPs attacking him are extreme brexiteers -- eg Bone, Baker.

Having just read a very pro-rightwing forum there was one post t hat really stood out, the guy is quite serious too:

"Good thing about coronavirus is that when it's over we can use the enormous debt as an excuse to implement the rightwing agenda we've always wanted but would never get away with in normal times. A true "bonfire of the quangos" - maybe we can even burn the NHS, BBC, and welfare system too. Never let a good crisis go to waste! "

I wonder, was it wriiten by the reicarnated one? ;)

As I keep hearing reports on how other nations are managing the CV pandemic I cannot help but compare their ongoing situation to here in the UK.
Japan is the latest, 125,000,000 of them and by far the largest % of the population over 65 in the world. Total CV deaths 825 ! Now is not the time but at some point the ‘decision makers’ both scientific and political and the N.H.S are going to have some very difficult questions to answer.

Last edited:
Having just read a very pro-rightwing forum there was one post t hat really stood out, the guy is quite serious too:

"Good thing about coronavirus is that when it's over we can use the enormous debt as an excuse to implement the rightwing agenda we've always wanted but would never get away with in normal times. A true "bonfire of the quangos" - maybe we can even burn the NHS, BBC, and welfare system too. Never let a good crisis go to waste! "

I wonder, was it wriiten by the reicarnated one? ;)
I know I’ve referred to this before but this is a very odd situation it’s difficult to know just what Cummings believes in but according to reports he is in favour of big govt spending (eg on science & technology), pro the NHS, and against “austerity” and the BBC. He would make better fit with the Labour Party IMNVHO if that is true, I suspect that is why various brexiteer MPs are so keen to see him out.

Not good.
The local press reported it a little differently. They have had to halt the intake of new patients but it seems that this is due to the size of the facility. Weston is also close enough to various other hospitals for them to take up the slack.

Reactions: mex
I am ramping up the fight against the corona-nazis and have contacted members of the Lords, the Cardinal, Archbishop of Birmingham and many others. And I will fight even harder.

Meanwhile those of you who care please sign the petition against the forced injection of questionable contents into your body https://lifepetitions.com/petition/no-mandatory-vaccine-for-covid-19
Every voice counts and matters

Cummings statement is to be "Boris didn't do a good enough job convincing you all I didn't break the rules, so I've sacked him, it's just me now"

I don't think its the back-to-work blunder, more like the lockdown wasn't strict enough

"In September 2019 Boris Johnson and Dominic Cummings conducted an unprecedented ideological purge of the Tory ranks.

This extraordinary Stalinist operation to rid the party of all the liberal Conservatives who dared stand up to Cummings' vile ultranationalist scheming was massively under-reported, and forgotten about within weeks.

Then less than six months ago the Tories conducted the most cynical, cowardly, and dishonest election campaign in living memory.

Johnson spent the entire campaign dodging scrutiny to the extent of hiding in a fridge, 88% of their Facebook sponsored ads were found to be outright lies, they created a fake Labour Party manifesto and a fake CCHQ "fact check" operation, their ministers gleefully lied to the nation about 40 fake new hospitals to be staffed with imaginary "new" nurses, and on the day of the election they outright cheated with unlawful poster campaigns outside polling stations in dozens of marginal constituencies.
If the mainstream media had got even a fraction as outraged about either of these things when they were happening, as they have about Cummings breaking the self-isolation rules and jaunting around the country, then perhaps we wouldn't be lumbered with such a bunch of cheats and charlatans in government, and tens of thousands of people might not needlessly have died as a result of the utterly depraved Johnson-Cummings "Superman of Capitalism" policy of just letting the virus spread like wildfire in the crucial early stages?".

Not convinced being this late for your own press conference helps convince people you're not a bit arrogant...

I am ramping up the fight against the corona-nazis and have contacted members of the Lords, the Cardinal, Archbishop of Birmingham and many others. And I will fight even harder.
I see that as a rather foolish and possibly dangerous petition.

Considering what has happened where Andrew Wakefield's claims have been believed I hope that the people you claim to have contacted will refuse to be party to such a decision.

Your home wasn't a target until you breached the guidelines and buggered off to Durham you pillock.

Oi! Dominic, turn the lights off on your way out please.

The coverage will contribute to people breaking the rules.

Not his actions, the coverage.

Just say sorry.

What a worthless piece of s***, totally devoid of self respect or humility.

I see that as a rather foolish and possibly dangerous petition.

Considering what has happened where Andrew Wakefield's claims have been believed I hope that the people you claim to have contacted will refuse to be party to such a decision.

You have a right to your own opinion as all people do individually. So did the nazis in the 1930s Germany.

He keeps flip-flopping between probably had COVID and Mary didn't have COVID, depending on which point he's trying to make.

Why on earth did Boris think this was a good idea?

Not sure how good your eyesight is? Jump in the car to test it!

Last edited by a moderator:
I symathise with him regarding his concern for his child, but that's as far as it goes, it's not very convincing.

I symathise with him regarding his concern for his child, but that's as far as it goes, it's not very convincing.
Except bundling the child into a car for 5 hours with two suspected covidees is not caring for him, he’s an excuse.

The question now is why wasn't this, apparently plausible, explanation given earlier? It is interesting that he said his wife wished the bloke by the river, "Happy Easter". Odd the bloke didn't mention it.

I can't find the 'exceptional circumstances' anywhere in the government guidance. The only thing I can find about children says -

"If you are living with children

Keep following this advice to the best of your ability, however, we are aware that not all these measures will be possible.

What we have seen so far is that children with coronavirus (COVID-19) appear to be less severely affected. It is nevertheless important to do your best to follow this guidance."

If his house had been attacked why haven't we heard about this before now and why wasn't the police protection?

It also calls into question the PM's statement in yesterday's briefing that allegations had been made about Dominic Cummings which were, 'palpably false'. Apart from denying he returned to Durham a second time, which also could have been cleared up earlier, it appears DC has confirmed everything else that had been alleged.

Dave

And again, he was testing his eyesight for driving safety but put the child in the car to do it! WTF!

Except bundling the child into a car for 5 hours with two suspected covidees is not caring for him, he’s an excuse.

Absolutely, although I did say his concern, not his actions.

Why didn't you make this statement earlier?

Might as well have said "because I hadn't made it up yet" for how convincing it was.

Land Rovers obviously get remarkable mileage these days if he's not sure if he refueled it in 600miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back