The virus. PPE. Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
irrelevant. I'd happily buy in Austria or Italy in fact; same crash required.

Am I the only one who thinks his crash in Italy would be a nice idea? I'm sure they'd welcome him to their hospital with open arms.

Question! Please don't shoot me down for asking! I literally live a 5 minute walk from my front door to the shoreline as the village I live in is coastal. I have a dog and we used to walk along the beach as part of his and mine exercise. Now we're in lockdown and we're allowed out once a day for exercising. Would I get in trouble if I took my camera and did some photography along my exercise walk do you think? Obviously I keep well clear of others when exercising me and the dog, we cross over the street as not to cross others on the pavement and when coastal we give others a huge wide birth on the beach so we're social isolating but would it be classed as my exercise break or would they then class it as a non essential journey as I haven't driven etc to get there?

Question! Please don't shoot me down for asking! I literally live a 5 minute walk from my front door to the shoreline as the village I live in is coastal. I have a dog and we used to walk along the beach as part of his and mine exercise. Now we're in lockdown and we're allowed out once a day for exercising. Would I get in trouble if I took my camera and did some photography along my exercise walk do you think? Obviously I keep well clear of others when exercising me and the dog, we cross over the street as not to cross others on the pavement and when coastal we give others a huge wide birth on the beach so we're social isolating but would it be classed as my exercise break or would they then class it as a non essential journey as I haven't driven etc to get there?

This is only me, but when I`ve been taking Susie out for her walk I leave the camera at home but like I said that`s only me.

Same here so far but was wondering if it would be frowned upon to shoot along the walk so still keeping the hobby going whilst on the exercise walk!

Tricky one isn't it

Agree it is a tricky one, as it could well be frowned upon.

Seriously, this is photography forum, and in all likelihood you will not get accurate and up to date legal advice here. There is a lot of s*** talk going on here. I wouldn't trust anything too much

Same here so far but was wondering if it would be frowned upon to shoot along the walk so still keeping the hobby going whilst on the exercise walk!

Tricky one isn't it
If you were taking photos with your phone, no one would bat an eyelid.
I don't see a problem, as long as you weren't setting up tripods etc.

Seriously, this is photography forum, and in all likelihood you will not get accurate and up to date legal advice here. There is a lot of s*** talk going on here. I wouldn't trust anything too much

To be fair, there has been some very informative and helpful links posted in amidst what some may see as BS

I don’t believe anyone of us can take any info as 100% gospel, not even from the authorities as atm there are still so many questions unanswered and so much research , discussion and decission to be made so like yourself I don’t trust any info ‘too much’
This is not to say not to respect govt requests/ policies.
Let’s remain open minded and pray that at least some of the efforts we are making are going to be beneficial.

To be fair, there has been some very informative and helpful links posted in amidst what some may see as BS

I don’t believe anyone of us can take any info as 100% gospel, not even from the authorities as atm there are still so many questions unanswered and so much research , discussion and decission to be made so like yourself I don’t trust any info ‘too much’
This is not to say not to respect govt requests/ policies.
Let’s remain open minded and pray that at least some of the efforts we are making are going to be beneficial.

Sure, I just wouldn't feel comfortable giving any legal advice in case it proves to be incorrect and consequently the member gets in trouble. We can post links and provide opinions, joke and talk BS. We are certainly in the uncharted territory here.

Sure, I just wouldn't feel comfortable giving any legal advice in case it proves to be incorrect and consequently the member gets in trouble. We can post links and provide opinions, joke and talk BS. We are certainly in the uncharted territory here.

Wasn't looking for legal advice or gonna hold someone to what they post here, it was more looking for friendly advice from fellow photographers

Wasn't looking for legal advice or gonna hold someone to what they post here, it was more looking for friendly advice from fellow photographers

Just do it,Gareth. Take your walks and take your camera. Probably a good idea, as Bobsyeruncle says, not to take a tripod but only so you aren't frowned upon not that you'd probably pass many people anyway from the description of your location..sounds lovely. I can't imagine you see many police there either .lol.

Infact. As I've been watching the footage of empty streets in Spain and particularly Italy I thought it must be a great time to take photos of the wonderful architecture and in Venice the waterways..the Vatican..St Marks Sq, etc. In Spain Barcelona cathedral.,the Royal Palace in Madrid along with Plaza Mayor. etc. Just the empty narrow streets but it's too late now but not if you're a policeman.:)

The World Health Organization (WHO) has issued a stark warning about the speed of the spread of the coronavirus pandemic.
WHO director-general Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus shared three powerful statistics as he warned that “the pandemic is accelerating”.
He explained that in the first 67 days of the outbreak, there were a total of 100,000 cases. This number then doubled over the next 11 days and tripled in the four days after that.

• At 67 days since outbreak began - 100,000 cases in total

• 11 days later - 200,000 cases in total

• Four days after that - 300,000 cases in total
It is no wonder they are taking these steps to try ans slow it down. :eek:

Would I get in trouble if I took my camera and did some photography along my exercise walk do you think?
I really can't imagine why anyone would have a problem with it. Mind you, given the odd people that sometimes pop up on these occassions my choice would be small and unobtrusive cameras like these travel zooms...

Cameras Sony HX90 and Panasonic TZ70 DSC01601.JPG

Although i agree in principle there are many professionals in all sorts of fields kicking about here and some very knowledgeable people. I'd be confident someone will know the answer. It's a very helpful forum.

Tricky one isn't it

I dont see an issue. Plenty of peoples hobby is jogging, rambling or cycling. They way it's phrased you could do 1/2 hours rock climbing if you isolate.

Last edited:
There was a virologist on R4 yesterday being asked similar questions relating to allotments, gardening etc. The objective of the lockdown is to prevent people mixing and potentially passing on infection. If you can take photos without *risking* contact with others then there is no valid reason you should not do so. OTOH if you increase the risk of contact with others when taking a picture then you should not do it.

“A team of British ear, nose and throat doctors have found that a lost sense of smell could be a strange symptom of covid-19. It's being observed in patients who aren't showing any other symptoms. The WHO said it has not yet confirmed the loss of smell or taste as a symptom but has not ruled it out”
This was in the Washingron Post emailed version of their update, haven’t found it in the web version.yet (‘cos it ‘updates’ :().
https://www.washingtonpost.com/coro...il&utm_source=newsletter&wpisrc=nl_tyh&wpmk=1

Edit: https://www.washingtonpost.com/heal...il&utm_source=newsletter&wpisrc=nl_tyh&wpmk=1

Edit: original report here: https://www.entuk.org/sites/default/files/files/Loss of sense of smell as marker of COVID.pdf

Last edited:
Jeremy Hunt on BBC news just now " wee can see the death rate in Italy is now falling", please be right.

sat here listening to piers Morgan laying into snotty politicos and knobheads on mornin* t.v how I wish he was running the country ..

quote of the day
WAKE UP AND SMELL THE CREMATORIUM !

Jeremy Hunt on BBC news just now " wee can see the death rate in Italy is now falling", please be right.
I thought the death rate went up yesterday, but infection rates are falling.

I thought the death rate went up yesterday, but infection rates are falling.

Yep, that's what I thought, maybe I miss heard the git, but even my wife also said "did he just say.......".

With the list of medical things you listed, surely she is on the shielded list.
Seemingly not, they seem to have a very narrow criteria.
Please find out if her local council have her on a list as soon as you can mate. I don't know if she may meet the 1.5million letter thats being sent out or not?
I don't think she does, the criteria for shielding is very specific, and must miss out millions of very vulnerable people, inc my MiL. I filled the online vulnerable person form in at .gov yesterday and when I couldn't tick any of the conditions, they told me she didn't qualify.

Last edited:

Tricky one isn't it

I cannot foresee the overwhelming majority of police officers being interested in anyone with a camera walking about AND keeping the necessary separation distance from others. I can imagine that there would be a bigger risk of someone taking exception to your presence (for other than infection reasons, but using the Coronavirus legislation as a means to make trouble for you.

Seemingly not, they seem to have a very narrow criteria.

I don't think she does, the criteria for shielding is very specific, and must miss out millions of very vulnerable people, inc my MiL. I filled the online vulnerable person form in at .gov yesterday and when I couldn't tick any of the conditions, they told me she didn't qualify.
To say I am shocked, would be a huge understatement, I would have thought she qualified on all of her conditions.
I wonder if there is anyway of appeal to get more conditions approved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back