The virus. PPE. Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor Tim, it seems he has no friends. :
View attachment 272924

Maybe he is regretting his p***ed up home video and also saying his staff are not getting paid.

No excuse for vandalism of other people’s property.

But this could be an exception to that rule!!

That's not a clinical criterion, though. Many people have parents or other relatives in high risk groups, but aren't being offered tests in the UK. I'm glad he's been tested, but are we really incapable of providing the test to anyone in this situation, as South Korea does?
While I agree that anyone should be tested the head of state, the PM, and so on being ill has implications that will need HMG actions and early warning is clearly good.

A friend sent me this article. I recall it being brought up a while ago on here and someone posted that the symptons were like other 'flu-like symptons and dismissed this theory. This is dated today. The reason I'm posting it is because on January 12th I was struck down with a very nasty cough and a high temperature. I went to the doctor who said it was a virus. Had that happened today I would have been declared as likely having Covid-19 and to self-isolate. It lasted 5 weeks and was difficult to throw off as I heard one lady say to another about her condition when I was in our local supermarket after I was able to get out ie. I was almost over it. After 2 weeks my wife got it and we both agreed it was like nothing we've ever had before. Another article stated that 80% is mild to moderate ranging from a fever and cough to low grade pneumonia. Having read both articles articles I'm erring on the side of having had it.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11249302/coronavirus-infected-half-population-spreading-january/

And, from Gov.uk, this probably covers them

Alternative clinical diagnoses and epidemiological risk factors should be considered.
I think that just means that, for mild suspected cases, the clinician should consider other potential causes, like influenza. But this doesn't give a route to SARS-CoV-2 testing, as the patient still doesn't satisfy the in-patient definition if they're not that ill. Perhaps they could just designate Balmoral an official hospital?

I think it highly likely his symptoms are far more serious than we are being told.

Let me throw in a different conspiracy theory for completeness. To be honest I don't either is the case but let's lay it all out anyway.

So, the other possibility this is just being put out as a PR stunt out of solidarity with the nation - a "me too"; and he doesn't actually have it, or else Camilla and Queen would likely be affected by now.

Once again I am NOT suggesting this is the case.

Let me throw in a different conspiracy theory for completeness. To be honest I don't either is the case but let's lay it all out anyway.

So, the other possibility this is just being put out as a PR stunt out of solidarity with the nation - a "me too"; and he doesn't actually have it, or else Camilla and Queen would likely be affected by now.

If you're looking for a new job, try comedian.
Your f*****g hilarious:)

A friend sent me this article. I recall it being brought up a while ago on here and someone posted that the symptons were like other 'flu-like symptons and dismissed this theory. This is dated today. The reason I'm posting it is because on January 12th I was struck down with a very nasty cough and a high temperature. I went to the doctor who said it was a virus. Had that happened today I would have been declared as likely having Covid-19 and to self-isolate. It lasted 5 weeks and was difficult to throw off as I heard one lady say to another about her condition when I was in our local supermarket after I was able to get out ie. I was almost over it. After 2 weeks my wife got it and we both agreed it was like nothing we've ever had before. Another article stated that 80% is mild to moderate ranging from a fever and cough to low grade pneumonia. Having read both articles articles I'm erring on the side of having had it.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11249302/coronavirus-infected-half-population-spreading-january/
On the other hand, I had similar symptoms to what you describe a few years ago (I even had the loss of taste and smell that has recently been linked to the coronavirus). There are a lot of viruses that cause overlapping symptoms on the 'mild' end of the spectrum.

I think it highly likely his symptoms are far more serious than we are being told.
Possibly, though I think he’s pretty fit and has chosen his parents wisely :).

Lol.. I have to say I did wonder why Camilla didn't have it if it is as contagious as they say... do they never get closer than 2 metres :naughty::naughty:

In any case, they are obviously all protected from puny Earth viruses by their shapeshifting Reptilian DNA...

I know it seems like I am jumping on a bandwagon and it was not this global pandemic then, but in Dec I had exactly the same - short of breath, fever, cough that lasted 3 weeks. Bang on Corona symptoms!

Lol.. I have to say I did wonder why Camilla didn't have it if it is as contagious as they say... do they never get closer than 2 metres :naughty::naughty:
I wondered that and the conclusion I came to, can't be repeated here :D

I think that just means that, for mild suspected cases, the clinician should consider other potential causes, like influenza. But this doesn't give a route to SARS-CoV-2 testing, as the patient still doesn't satisfy the in-patient definition if they're not that ill. Perhaps they could just designate Balmoral an official hospital?
That's a bit like saying only those with 3 good A levels can get into Uni (at that time in 1967), I think who your parents are might also have a bearing on who gets tested and who doesn't. :)

First Fit person dies.

A 21-year-old woman with no apparent underlying health conditions has died after contracting coronavirus, her family has said – as they urge the public to “do your bit”.
Chloe Middleton, from Buckinghamshire, is thought to be the youngest previously-healthy person in the UK to have died in the pandemic so far.

That's work finished for me, until 20th April then. I can't see us being back that early though.

On the other hand, I had similar symptoms to what you describe a few years ago (I even had the loss of taste and smell that has recently been linked to the coronavirus). There are a lot of viruses that cause overlapping symptoms on the 'mild' end of the spectrum.

Unfortunately, we’ll never know on an individual basis. Only a test for antibodies ..is that the right term ? ..will give a definitive answer . As Simon points out it’s the time line that gives rise to reasonable suspicion.maybe even strong suspicion. I think they’re testing on people that they know have had it and have recovered.

I know it seems like I am jumping on a bandwagon and it was not this global pandemic then, but in Dec I had exactly the same - short of breath, fever, cough that lasted 3 weeks. Bang on Corona symptoms!

I’m can’t say it’s not true because I haven’t seen the “Oxford report”. But not being a Sun reader I do notice that a,) they don’t give a link to the report (unless I couldn’t spot it), b) every link in their article goes to another Sun article :).

Also Murdoch has switched Fox News in the US from saying it’s a serious problem to saying lockdown will harm the economy too much and that was timed with or just before Trump trumpeted back to work for Easter.

Murdoch plays a double game often. He claims not to be a climate crisis denier but his Australian newspaper ‘attack-dogs’ take the opposite view :(.

First Fit person dies.

A 21-year-old woman with no apparent underlying health conditions has died after contracting coronavirus, her family has said – as they urge the public to “do your bit”.
Chloe Middleton, from Buckinghamshire, is thought to be the youngest previously-healthy person in the UK to have died in the pandemic so far.
Sad to say, but it’ll probably take more deaths of the young before the young take it seriously :(.

I’m can’t say it’s not true because I haven’t seen the “Oxford report”. But not being a Sun reader I do notice that a,) they don’t give a link to the report (unless I couldn’t spot it), b) every link in their article goes to another Sun article :).

Here it is:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oxmu2rwsnhi9j9c/Draft-COVID-19-Model (13).pdf?dl=0

Other epidemiologists are sceptical:

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/coronavirus-infections-oxford-study-immunity

'“It’s a little concerning that they’ve taken it straight to the media,” says Tim Colbourn, an epidemiologist at University College London’s Institute for Global Health. “It has not been properly sense-checked against any data.” The authors of the Oxford study did not respond to WIRED's request for comment in time for publication. The study, led by Sunetra Gupta and José Lourenço at the University of Oxford’s Department of Zoology, puts forward several hypothetical scenarios about the spread of coronavirus in the UK. In the most extreme scenario they estimate that if the virus had started being transmitted 38 days before the first confirmed death then 68 per cent of the UK population would have been infected by March 19. But this modelling rests on an improbable assumption: that just one in every 1,000 people infected with coronavirus will need to be hospitalised. This assumption just doesn’t match real-world data, says Colbourn. “We can already see just by looking at Italy [...] that that figure has already been exceeded,” he says. In Lombardy – despite the region being under lockdown since March 9 – more than one in every 1,000 of the entire population have already been hospitalised due to coronavirus. According to the most recent data, the death rate is currently around 0.42 per 1,000 people. “The fact that they didn't look at that data is extremely concerning given the headlines it's now generating,” Colbourn says. His concerns are echoed by seven public health academics who released statements to the Science Media Centre. “This theoretical simulation rests on a key assumption which may be or may not be correct,” said James Naismith, director of the Rosalind Franklin Institute, in his statement to the SMC.
But public health experts are concerned that the headlines generated by the Oxford study will lull us into a false sense of security. “It said something that fits with what everyone wants to hear, which is ‘we don't need to have lockdown because everyone already has it’”, says Devi Sridhar, professor of global public health at the University of Edinburgh. “As much as I really want to believe that all the evidence we're seeing from other places says it's not [the case].” '

Sad to say, but it’ll probably take more deaths of the young before the young take it seriously :(.

I think most people are taking it seriously and there seem to be just as many older people not taking it seriously too. Sad, but the fact remains as long as you are healthy, your chances of dying are very low especially if under 40. Yes, some will die but you get 20 and 30 something dying of things like cancer too - statistically unlikely but does happen. Virtually everyone I know is not worried about it, we may have had it or will get it and will probably all pull through, although if our parents get it that could be a different story.

me and the wife both had it over xmas in fact xmas day I woke up at 4a.m and couldn't catch a breath at all had to take some of my GTN heart spray to open the airways up . the wife also had it ,we went to the doctors after chrimbo and she said I was nearly over it and put the wife on A/B but it still took us to February to feel o.k again . worse cough /flu I have ever experienced and I have had the jab to ..
who knows was it around earlier than expected or something totally different until these new tests come out we will never know .

Unbelievably, there is a new internet 'craze' for youngsters doing the rounds called 'Coronavirus challenge' the dopey tw@ts have to lick door handles and the buzz being they are playing Russian roullette....quite litteraly!!

his butler should definetly be worried and also his chambermaid ,nudge nudge wink wink you know what I mean :exit::exit::exit::exit:

I think most people are taking it seriously and there seem to be just as many older people not taking it seriously too. Sad, but the fact remains as long as you are healthy, your chances of dying are very low especially if under 40. Yes, some will die but you get 20 and 30 something dying of things like cancer too - statistically unlikely but does happen. Virtually everyone I know is not worried about it, we may have had it or will get it and will probably all pull through, although if our parents get it that could be a different story.

That's pretty much my take on the situation too.
TBH, in some ways I want it as soon as possible to get it over with but the flip side is that the longer it is before I get it, the better the chances of an effective treatment being known/available are.
NOT going to be licking door handles...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back