The virus. PPE. Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are not very like to get COVID-19 Ealing over fields so I don’t really understand your point ;(.

You asked why was I here, thought you meant TP in general
My answer is to talk photography (most of the time) and share photos I have taken

Do you do much of that?

If the cap fits

trying to turn my point about your ignorance and selfishness onto me when you have continually and purposefully exhibited the exact behaviour is exactly what I expect from you at this point.

I simply cannot wait for your next pearl of wisdom :rolleyes::rolleyes:

My answer is to talk photography (most of the time) and share photos I have taken

Do you do much of that?

ROFLMAO, now youre so insecure you are competing on the number of photos shared on the forum?

Here's an interesting scenario
Last I heard BoJo was suggesting that gatherings of more than 100 people inside and 500 people outside are to be banned.
If this is brought into law, and when this all blows over if the law act whatever isn't repealed there goes "our right" to protest.
One civil disobedience law brought it by the back door.

Tin foil hat anyone? :D

Except if there is a law passed as such it will be emergency legislation and time limited.
Lets hope so eh? ;)
On the up side it may well be the end of football matches and the like.

trying to turn my point about your ignorance and selfishness onto me when you have continually and purposefully exhibited the exact behaviour is exactly what I expect from you at this point.

I simply cannot wait for your next pearl of wisdom :rolleyes::rolleyes:

The length of that sentence would have done for me if I had the virus.
Carry on, you seem to be enjoying it, get it out of your system and breathe

We’re British. We make jokes about dark themes that upsets some people.
I have just been out for a three or four mile walk over the fields looking for remnants of an old light railway line
Keep your eyes peeled and you might see some of the photos I took of my findings

Lunchtime now then wash my clobber that got rather muddy, slipped down an old embankment.
Bit of blood too, had to grab at barbed wire to stop going in the river, all part of the fun

No sense of danger either, another one of my failings, get out there and savour it.
Oh and I wasn't concerned :)

I am in awe.

Do you do much of that?
No, I meant in this thread obviously!

The length of that sentence would have done for me if I had the virus.
Carry on, you seem to be enjoying it, get it out of your system and breathe

go-ahead-you-u7gv9y.jpg

Well this has been fun, washing is done and camera batteries charged, so see you later

"scientists" though? Come on, sorry but the media print with a spin of some sort or other. I'll take the facts from more reliable sources.
It’s only the headline, names are named in the report and discussion of why the results may be skewed :). I did say “if it turns out to be accurate”, the whole thing is very early days for any hard facts :(.

There's only one name and you have to dig to find the actual research quoted, which when you dig into it was based on 91 individuals, 54 of which they had accurate data to included contacts, the other 37 (a third) the assumed to have been infected in the same way.

Now, Im not dismissing the paper completely, but so early in the coronavirus pandemic there are a lot of scientists publishing a lot of data and doing it pretty quickly. That in itself can be dangerous.

but so early in the coronavirus pandemic there are a lot of scientists publishing a lot of data and doing it pretty quickly. That in itself can be dangerous.
Absolutely (y)
"Everyone" trying to make a name for themselves, and a large % floundering around ;)

F1 is one sport that could be held without spectators I would think. With most sports depending on TV rights I’ve long thought they would eventually end up with virtual audiences (like canned laughter on the radio) — and probably pre- agreed results determined by the team owners, like wrestling :(

F1 is one sport that could be held without spectators I would think.
I think that most if not all could, but they won't because of the massive amount of "gate money" that audiences bring to pot.
However if this is really forced on clubs / events. ( for the time being at least) I wonder how long they could actually survive?

I think that most if not all could, but they won't because of the massive amount of "gate money" that audiences bring to pot.
However if this is really forced on clubs / events. ( for the time being at least) I wonder how long they could actually survive?

Saw a report that said some League one and two clubs would fold if games are cancelled.
Many depend not only on gate money, but all the other add ons like programmes, refreshments and merchandise

Big clubs would survive, but the grass roots would be decimated
No need anyway because in general the crowds are low and its said open air events are lower risk
Probably why the Cheltenham Festival has gone ahead, crowds from all over the world there

I am not worried about catching it just the amount of work I have lost and will lose because of it. All of my corporate work from the 5th March got cancelled including the whole of April. Thats a big chunk of my income but I will be ok as long as they do not stop weddings. If they do, I'm well and truly up sh*t creak without a paddle.

For people looking to travel, I saw that LV= has cancelled selling travel insurance, presumably OK If already bought.

Edit: Not quite clear what they are doing;
”The travel insurers Aviva, InsureandGo and the Post Office have followed LV= and withdrawn cover for future coronavirus claims.

LV= shocked the travel industry on Wednesday night when it announced that it would stop selling all travel insurance policies with immediate effect due to the coronavirus outbreak.

The insurance giant Aviva said on Thursday that it had halted all single-trip direct travel insurance for new customers travelling to Italy “to reflect the current risks posed by coronavirus”.
https://www.theguardian.com/money/2...ronavirus-cover-aviva-post-office-insureandgo

Last edited:
If matches go ahead will footballers be banned from spitting? :)

but all the other add ons like programmes, refreshments and merchandise
Fair point I hadn't thought of the knock on effects for "suppliers" etc.

Saw a report that said some League one and two clubs would fold if games are cancelled.
Its no secret that I really don't like football. But it will be a real shame if that does happen.

No need anyway because in general the crowds are low and its said open air events are lower risk
But as above there are suggestions that gatherings ( open air) will be restricted to no more than 500 people.
No idea what football stadiums hold, but I'm guessing its a lot more than that?

Probably why the Cheltenham Festival has gone ahead, crowds from all over the world there
I was kinda surprised that went ahead ...

So yesterday was 400+ today it is 596, will only get worse.
Yesterday was 463 if I remember rightly. The govt site hadn't been updated earlier, but the infected has now. Strangely the reported deaths has remained at 8 and not included the two from today.

The science of soap – here’s how it kills the coronavirus
This is quite a nice article. I shall get into trouble posting a link with science in the title :( but heigh ho, he is a Prof of Chemistry despite being an Icelander/Australian:
https://www.theguardian.com/comment...kills-coronavirus-alcohol-based-disinfectants

Not that it's not accurate but its the same as any other article in the media that says use soap and water and if you can't then use alcohol based hand rubs so it's just recycling the same information thats been about for about a week or so already?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back