The virus. PPE. Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The following sounds like the end of life as we know it . Every sector is being trashed . ..bar fast-food drive-thru’s in the US because there’s little person to person contact.

On the financial front..DOW Jones has had the worst day since the 1987 market crash..drops 2352 PST. 10% and the second worst week ever and 28% below highest level,ever as result of Trump’s ban on flights from Schengen countries. . This is in spite of the Fed stepping in with a $Trillion support package over the coming weeks.

FTSE also worst day since the 1987 crash. Barclays Bank now 97p..Lloyd’s 37.53p and with the reaction on Wall Street almost certainly heading lower.

S&P down 20% from its 52 week high and on track for third worst week ever.

Amazon telling employees..world over.. to work from home if they can.

Disney to close .

Oil down 6% heading for worst week since 2008..more to do with spat between Russia and Saudi re production levels but just adds to the mayhem.

Last edited:
Oh really? you post complete rubbish and I call it that, albeit less elequently, and you decide it's me thats at fault???:rolleyes::rolleyes::thinking:
Reasons why it is complete rubbish would help.
But yes, you are at fault.

Reasons why it is complete rubbish would help.
But yes, you are at fault.

sigh.... I could go on about the way its written, the fact that it's "a member" of the Stanford hospital board in USA and then they go on about the virus not surviving above 27 degrees which everyone knows. Oh no :eek: but in the USA they use farenheit which is below zero etc so pretty obvious. But you go on spreading bull and asking for opinions on it then getting offended for the sake of it when you actually get one.

Oh, then there's this from a simple search online. https://www.lamag.com/article/coronavirus-hoax-stanford/ :cautious::cautious::cautious::rolleyes:

The following sounds like the end of life as we know it . Every sector is being trashed . ..bar drive-thru’s in the US because there’s little person to person contact.

On the financial front..DOW Jones has had the worst day since the 1987 market crash..drops 2352 PST. 10% and the second worst week ever and 28% below highest level,ever as result of Trump’s ban on flights from Schengen countries. . This is in spite of the Fed stepping in with a $Trillion support package over the coming weeks.

FTSE also worst day since the 1987 crash.

S&P down 20% from its 52 week high and on track for third worst week ever.

Amazon telling employees..world over.. to work from home if they can.

Disney to close .

Oil down 6% heading for worst week since 2008..more to do with spat between Russia and Saudi re production levels but just adds to the mayhem.
Good time to invest if you've got the nerve.

Yep. I hadn't, and still don't assume it to be Covid-19, it could well be a cold. But as of this afternoon, the advice is that I should be self isolating to be safe. I just don't know when that should start from, the first symptoms or the cough.

later the better to be on the safe side, if you can.

sigh.... I could go on about the way its written, the fact that it's "a member" of the Stanford hospital board in USA and then they go on about the virus not surviving above 27 degrees which everyone knows. Oh no :eek: but in the USA they use farenheit which is below zero etc so pretty obvious. But you go on spreading bull and asking for opinions on it then getting offended for the sake of it when you actually get one.

Oh, then there's this from a simple search online. https://www.lamag.com/article/coronavirus-hoax-stanford/:cautious::cautious::cautious::rolleyes:
It's not good to keep sighing:)
The fact is there's an article explaining that it's a fake and many have been taken in by it.
It's not as if he made it up.

Czech Republic, ban all visitors from fifteen affected countries and a raft of other measures.

We advise school trips abroad be cancelled.
Mr Johnson says some will lose loved ones a bit earlier than expected

Do you get the feeling the government isn't too bothered about it spreading.
Quite a financial bonus getting rid of all those drains on the NHS, got to fund HS2
Or have they realised its all a bit late so why mess the economy up more than it is already

It's not good to keep sighing:)
The fact is there's an article explaining that it's a fake and many have been taken in by it.
It's not as if he made it up.

that is true, but he's ignorant enough to simply cut and paste and perpetuate disinformation. It's either deliberate to get a reaction (thoughts?) or stupidity.

Your bedside manner must be second to none
Well, he said earlier in the thread, he works in neonatal intensive care, I’m not sure that he needs much bedside manner. I don’t suppose it would matter much what he said to the poor little buggers :(.

Well, he said earlier in the thread, he works in neonatal intensive care, I’m not sure that he needs much bedside manner. I don’t suppose it would matter much what he said to the poor little buggers :(.

You'd be surprised. But I didn't start with the personal attacks.

I did this morning, but they just reiterated what was the advice at the time. If I have knowingly interacted with someone with Coronavirus, or have returned from a high risk country in the last 14 days then I can be tested, but as I did not meet either of those criteria I was not eligible to be tested. There was a testing centre 5 mins away from my house so thought it was worth a go, but it seems not.

But now the advice has changed, there will be no more testing and if you have the possible symptoms then you self isolate for 7 days. The containment phase was always destined to fail.
I think that due to the symptoms your whole family needs to be tested ASAP .get on to that 111 line and insist on a test .. how the hell do you know if your have interacted with a carrier or not .. by putting it off your endangering others

I think that due to the symptoms your whole family needs to be tested ASAP .get on to that 111 line and insist on a test .. how the hell do you know if your have interacted with a carrier or not .. by putting it off your endangering others

how, if he's self isolating he's following the advice surely?

The following sounds like the end of life as we know it . Every sector is being trashed . ..bar drive-thru’s in the US because there’s little person to person contact.
Though, oddly, I read they’d rejected a proposal for drive thu’ virus testing stations :(.

You'd be surprised. But I didn't start with the personal attacks.
I wouldn't really, I’m assuming parents aren’t around (might be wrong there, I really know nothing* about it) but I expect you can say any words you like provided the tone is appropriate.

* only interesting thing I know about neonatal children is that they were displayed in USA (Coney Island?) for entertainment and people paid to see them in ?1920‘s ;).

Though, oddly, I read they’d rejected a proposal for drive thu’ virus testing stations :(.

Because they don't really care if it spreads.
Everyone says it will so what have they got to lose?
Chuck loads of cash at it and the outcome is exactly the same as if they didn't

Accountants rule the world, that won't change and no sentiment when it comes to hard cash

I think they’ve abandoned testing for the general population (it was one of the few criticisms Ive read on what was announced today) presumably until you get ill enough to seek medical treatment.

Viking River Cruises must be worried, cardigan and slacks brigade advised not to partake.
Going to be rather empty down the Rhine in the coming weeks.

Because they don't really care if it spreads.
Everyone says it will so what have they got to lose?
Chuck loads of cash at it and the outcome is exactly the same as if they didn't

Accountants rule the world, that won't change and no sentiment when it comes to hard cash
Not true, this is the US that I & John were referring to where Trump has promised :) the foreign virus won’t spread— Trump has a natural ability for this sort of thing and doctors are amazed at how much he knows :).

I wouldn't really, I’m assuming parents aren’t around (might be wrong there, I really know nothing* about it) but I expect you can say any words you like provided the tone is appropriate.

* only interesting thing I know about neonatal children is that they were displayed in USA (Coney Island?) for entertainment and people paid to see them in ?1920‘s ;).

You can say what you want to anyone if its not witnessed but thats not how I work, and generally we expect parents to be with their babies as much as possible as we try and help them as a whole family unit. Not that Im trying to justify my professionalism, wasn't me brought it up, someone else did in a sad attempt at some sort of swipe at me. Im off duty at the moment, but seems some can't see that even nurses and doctors don't work 24 hours a day and we are allowed to be ourselves when not at work.

Viking River Cruises must be worried, cardigan and slacks brigade advised not to partake.
Going to be rather empty down the Rhine in the coming weeks.
Cardigan? Brigade? Ah a reference to the Valley of Death into which rode the 600, but I don’t see the relevance to the Vikings, they were much earlier :).

Forward, the Light Brigade! ... When can their glory fade?

Not true, this is the US that I & John were referring to where Trump has promised :) the foreign virus won’t spread— Trump has a natural ability for this sort of thing and doctors are amazed at how much he knows :).

Not built that wall yet, surprised he hasn't blamed this on Mexico.

Here in France, Macron has addressed the nation. All creches, schools, colleges and universities will close by Monday and the French Football Federation has suspended all matches (amateur and professional) for all age groups until further notice. The Germans have closed the Franco-German border and are thermo-zapping anyone who wishes to cross.

Cardigan? Brigade? Ah a reference to the Valley of Death into which rode the 600, but I don’t see the relevance to the Vikings, they were much earlier :).

Forward, the Light Brigade! ... When can their glory fade?

Also the subject of an Iron Maiden track entitled The Trooper, very good it is too

Viking River Cruises must be worried,

"So, Erik, what are you up to today."

"I shall rend the Kraken wracked oceans, smite the sea rock icebergs, rampage and rout the mighty western warriors, challenge the Lord Odin, then have a bit of dinner. You?"

"Well, there's this bug going round..."

Last edited:
Here in France, Macron has addressed the nation. All creches, schools, colleges and universities will close by Monday and the French Football Federation has suspended all matches (amateur and professional) for all age groups until further notice. The Germans have closed the Franco-German border and are thermo-zapping anyone who wishes to cross.

Do hope not Bob, off to Germany soon via Paris.
Somehow don't see it happening, but fingers crossed, if the trains run I'm there

You can say what you want to anyone if its not witnessed but thats not how I work, and generally we expect parents to be with their babies as much as possible as we try and help them as a whole family unit. Not that Im trying to justify my professionalism, wasn't me brought it up, someone else did in a sad attempt at some sort of swipe at me. Im off duty at the moment, but seems some can't see that even nurses and doctors don't work 24 hours a day and we are allowed to be ourselves when not at work.
I think it was likely meant as sarcasm rather than a personal attack.
He was miffed because you basically said he'd posted a pile of crap.

Do hope not Bob, off to Germany soon via Paris.
Somehow don't see it happening, but fingers crossed, if the trains run I'm there
The TV is showing big queues at the German border....everybody who wants to cross is having their temperature taken.
Charles de Gaulle airport has just announced that they're closing one of the terminals.

The TV is showing big queues at the German border....everybody who wants to cross is having their temperature taken.
Charles de Gaulle airport has just announced that they're closing one of the terminals.

What happened to the Schengen agreement, thought it was border free travel or are you pulling my jambe?

I thought you were querying why they were stopping people at the border.

Surprised they even had border control.
Unless it's changed you get on a train at St Pancras, through France, Belgium and into Holland
Also train to Paris or Brussels then straight on to Germany, never seen a way they could do border checks.

Surprised they even had border control.
Unless it's changed you get on a train at St Pancras, through France, Belgium and into Holland
Also train to Paris or Brussels then straight on to Germany, never seen a way they could do border checks.
I haven't seen what's happening on the trains but there appears to be German police stopping all traffic at the road crossings and bridges over the Rhine.

Like I said exemplary bedside manner.
Or would you like me to put it less eloquently?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back