The23rdman's 52 for 2010- Week 24 - METAL

Ah, yes, true, but drink and me do not mix well. I'll have to stick to making it up as I go along.

You hit last weeks theme as well with that one, by the looks of it Dean... Is that to make up for showing off your new toy :D ??? I really like it... that metal post/tap looks great.

As for the baby, congratulation... I'd recommend getting in some sleep now... whilst you have the chance :LOL:

Well it's on theme and it's a decent shot, but for me your lack of inspiration is showing this week (sorry). I like it, but I really want to love it and I just don't. It hasn't got that same punch and wow factor that your shots normally have.
With some of your expert lighting and PP it could have been great, as it is it's just OK . . . although still significantly better than my worst weeks :LOL:

Still it was a good reason to play with your new toy and it is an interesting post.
Where is it? I'm guessing that it's some sort of standpipe.

Hope you get some inspiration and time back soon.
This is one of my favourite 52 threads, and it would be a shame to see you drop out.

How long until mini-Dean arrives?

Good image for this week but its just lacking something. Its almost as if the post needs to have a bolder red in it.
Congrats to the two of you aswell, how long until the baby arrives?

just catching up a bit here Dean, i like the mono shot of the post, its giving me a sore neck looking up it, Especially like the metal shot, interested in the processing here it looks cross processed but very light. I think it serves the shot very well.

I quite like the composition and the general x-process effect. I would like to see a shallower DOF so that the post is more isolated but maybe you don't have the lens for that. Also on my monitor it looks just a tad pale for my taste. A nice memento of a summer day, though!

I quite like the composition and the general x-process effect. I would like to see a shallower DOF so that the post is more isolated but maybe you don't have the lens for that. Also on my monitor it looks just a tad pale for my taste. A nice memento of a summer day, though!

Exactly what I was thinking - a saturation boost might help give it more ooomph!

Phil

The 'post' shot is ace. Really well processed and the perspective is superb. The metal one..I can't say I'm a fan of the processing, it seems to all blend in together and in fact it probably says 'post' to me more than 'metal'...although if it's any consolation it does say 'metal post' to me ;)

Whilst the shot works well, if a little pale it says Post more than Metal to me.

I like the DOF, maybe just clone out the white spot on the far bank.

Sorry for not getting back to this guys. I'm on holiday and have decided that with a baby due and a new business to get moving...and lack of inspiration...I'm abandoning this 52 like a Christmas puppy.

That's a shame Dean - enjoyed a lot of your pics - but if there's no inspiration and other HUGE commitments, then that's fair enough!!!!

Sorry for not getting back to this guys. I'm on holiday and have decided that with a baby due and a new business to get moving...and lack of inspiration...I'm abandoning this 52 like a Christmas puppy.

Bagging it to throw off a bridge into a river??? :shake:

I have no intention of ever starting a 52, let alone a 365, as my puppy would be long dead already :LOL:

I suspect we'll be seeing some new baby pics soon enough though :) Good luck

DD

Thanks guys. Dave, I shall try to reign in the baby pics, but from what I've seen most toggers find that a challenge!

that is a shame Dean, but given the circumstances ;)... Good luck...

Shame to hear you can't continue Dean but I think you will be busy enough.

Good luck with it all mate.

Andy

I'm another who's enjoyed your thread and am disappointed you're stopping - good luck with everything anyway - you've got a lot on your plate!

Phil

Thank you all. I'll still try and pop in and see how you're getting on periodically.

Thanks, guys. Not sure it's a sign of the times, Alby. Every animal in the world - humans included - have been documented to get wasted as often as possible, so it seems to be just a natural thing to want to feel good and escape reality. The idea that one drug (alcohol) is legal and ok and another (insert any illegal narcotic) isn't is nothing but politics. There's a very interesting book by a biologist on the subject. Can't recall the name now.

Hi Dean,

I like the shot and I really don't think the denomination of the note matters at all. There are no real rules in that game ;)

I think the book you mention is:

Food of the Gods - Terence McKenna

If not, it is really worth a read for those with an open mind like you:clap:

Slowly making my way through your 52 thread and enjoying it so far!

Back