Notice There's gon' be some new sheriffs in town

Marcel

Kim Jong Bod
Admin
Name
Marcel
Edit My Images
Yes
Firstly, thank you all for your kind words in the other thread. It really means a lot to read how TP has reached so many people, and the fondness you have for the community here is warming :)

Onto the news.....
After much snarling, teeth pulling and toe biting, erm lazing around eating jaffa cakes, the transfer of TP to the new owners is almost ready.

Please welcome @Cobra, @Lindsay56 and @sirch, or Chris, Lindsay and Chris.
An equal partnership with each taking on different roles in running the forum, they've agreed to take on ownership of TP.
I'm sure you will all give them a warm welcome :)

I won't go into a massively long post like I usually so :p, so the only thing left to say for now is ..... look after her, gents. :)

(y)

Excellent. Good luck chaps.:cool:(y)

Last edited:
Congratulations and commiserations to the new stars. :)

I’m only new here but clearly it’s a great community you are taking over. Wishing you all the best.

great news, I am, as many others will be are over the moon that TP will live a long life and we will have our daily intake of all things photography related.

Firstly, thank you all for your kind words in the other thread. It really means a lot to read how TP has reached so many people, and the fondness you have for the community here is warming :)

Onto the news.....
After much snarling, teeth pulling and toe biting, erm lazing around eating jaffa cakes, the transfer of TP to the new owners is almost ready.

Please welcome @Cobra, @Lindsay56 and @sirch, or Chris, Lindsay and Chris.
An equal partnership with each taking on different roles in running the forum, they've agreed to take on ownership of TP.
I'm sure you will all give them a warm welcome :)

I won't go into a massively long post like I usually so :p, so the only thing left to say for now is ..... look after her, gents. :)

(y)

Fantastic news for us all, for some reason I thought @Cobra would be involved :D

Thanks again to Marcel and mods, plus thank you to the new owners.

Hi Marcel

Well, all three of the new owners have in their own ways been deputies in this section of the "world wide west"......especially Chris @Cobra.

So, Marcel I hope to see you about in your new role of us Canon fodder (other camera makes do exist ;) ) of being just(?) a TP member.

Forward to the future "engage" (with a nod to Star Trek's Jean Luc Picard) :)

Fantastic news. Sounds like we’ve got a safe set of hands manning the ship so to speak. Thanks for stepping in chaps :)

That's "Excellent" news, Thanks to everyone involved.

Firstly, Thanks @Marcel for the post.
And thanks for the many years of running TP, and indeed setting it up in the first place.
Its given me and thousands of others a lot of pleasure over the years (y)

Secondly, Marcel will be staying on in an advisory capacity and retains his admin status, as it was before.
Although come take over, which we are hoping will be early June, he will no longer have any business interests in TP
Also, the rest of mod team remains as is, and there are no planned changes in "staff" for the foreseeable future.

We 3 obviously have our own thoughts and plans for the continuation of TP.
There won't be many changes implemented to the rules or general ethos of TP ,
but as before, in the previous thread, we are all hoping to get the emphasis of TP back to "photography.
And photo sharing".

Thanks for the warm welcomes (y)

Last edited:
Glad to hear it’s been sorted. Thank you for your efforts over the years @Marcel.

Good luck to the new management (y)

Awesome news!! Thank you for all your efforts @Marcel , I hope you do stick around with the your camera :):snaphappy:

Last edited:
The lunatics are taking over the asylum! :D

(y)
I resemble that remark!

It's an exciting time. I feel like I'm being very honoured as I've only been a member for a few years, but this forum has given me so much, like others have said, that I want to do my bit, We three musketeers have our respective strengths and seem to make a strong team combining them, so we will do our best to maintain TP as it is, with any future tweaks being thoroughly thought through and carefully implemented, and definitely minor because we too like it as it is; but as Cobra says, making sure the "focus" is on photography, photo sharing and the opportunity to develop our skills and abilities within a community of like-minded eejits

Two 'Chris' people? That's a good name that. All the best people are called Chris.

I offered to change my moniker to Chris3 but the other two got confused, poor dears.

Who the hell thought that it was a good idea to let a snake loose at the reins?
Who better than a poacher turned game keeper Eh?
:p

Wait, what? Does that mean I've got to dig out my camera? :eek:

I'll just leave this here

:whistle:

I'd like to echo Chris' (the fusty & crusty one) sentiments: our tenure is only possible thanks to the encouragement and support of Marcel, and we aim to continue his good work.
Thanks all for your good wishes

Back