Things That Should be Confined to History

Things that should be confined to history... how about history? :p

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned a rather important one: war.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned a rather important one: war.

You'll need to do away with many other things; religion, greed and corruption (to name a few) first. The list will be long . . . :(

Certainly makes it easier when it comes to children. If both parents have different surnames, which one is used for the children? Double-barrel? First child mum's, second child dad's, third child.... lol Although, when there's a divorce I think it's fair to say that the children often go with the mum, so perhaps it would be better for the guy to take the woman's surname? A bit of a negative outlook though I guess.

My wife chose to take my surname because she didn't particularly like her own...

My daughter and her husband hyphenated their surnames, but she still uses her maiden name in professional publications and correspondence, because that's what she's known by. My granddaughter has the double barrelled name.

Everyone is happy with these arrangements, and I think that's the way it should be. No need for rules about this.

The Royal Family.
I live in the birthplace of Oliver Cromwell, ensures we never get royal visits. :)

You'll need to do away with many other things; religion, greed and corruption (to name a few) first. The list will be long . . . :(
If you did away with those three war might die a natural death?

Reactions: Sky
Back