1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Tags:
  1. MrDrizz

MrDrizz

Name:
    Mark
    Edit My Images:
    No
    I know some don't like him or have every heard of him but his YouTube channel has been a big influence in me trying and loving landscape photography. His passion for landscape photography is infectious.

His YouTube Channel.

2. posiview

posiview

Name:
    Andy
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I've followed him for a while. He's a very honest, passionate and talented photographer.

Cheers.

3. phil_b

phil_b

Name:
    Phil
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    He is selling his 2017 calendars for £22, the price surprised me.

pingu666 likes this.
  4. MrDrizz

MrDrizz

Name:
    Mark
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Good way or bad?

5. John Soliven

John Soliven

Name:
    John
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I've been following his works! :)

6. phil_b

phil_b

Name:
    Phil
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I will admit i don't buy calendars but it sounded like a lot to me. Fair play to him if he can sell them by the 000's though.

7. Dave Semmens

Dave Semmens

Name:
    Dave
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I enjoy his videos and find him easy to watch - better than most of the rubbish on tv these days :)

8. phil_b

phil_b

Name:
    Phil
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    He did recently make a pilot for a travel/landscape photography show that he was going to try to show to the networks, i would be interested to watch that if it was commissioned.

tonybassplayer and Dave Semmens like this.
  9. danny_bhoy

danny_bhoy

Name:
    Danny
    Edit My Images:
    No
    I've followed him for ages and love his YouTube stuff (which just seems to getting better and going from strength to strength with every episode).

I'm also shooting his upcoming wedding too! Nervous times shooting for such a talented photographer! :)

10. Seanazz

Seanazz

Name:
    Sean
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I follow his channel and enjoy what he has to say, and his photos.

tonybassplayer likes this.
  11. Tringa

Tringa

Name:
    Dave
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Watched the video in the first post here and a few others - good straightforward stuff I thought.

Thanks for posting, Mark.

Dave

12. Tobers

Tobers

Name:
    Andy
    Edit My Images:
    No
    I like him. He's got a very nice presentation style, and he's been getting better with every vid. The content is generally lovely too. Wish he'd been around when I was starting out.

tonybassplayer and monkeyleader like this.
  13. robinsslee

robinsslee

Name:
    Robin
    Edit My Images:
    No
  14. Scirocco_09

Scirocco_09

Edit My Images:
    No
    I quite like him, a very good photographer and an engaging personality. Always enjoy watching his videos

They are a little pricey I think, especially if he has hundreds to sell the price could be quite a bit lower. Having said that it's a free choice whether to buy them and the pictures do look great

Roger L Jones likes this.
  15. Broken

Broken

Name:
    Chris
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    came across this guy the other day while looking for tips on landscape as I'm off away next week for 5 days,

i enjoy watching his videos always fun to watch and explains well,

As for the calendar i guess it does sound a little costly compared to other calendars in shops for example. but on the other hand i guess the time and passion its taken to capture the photos and then make it prob evens out the price, just my opinion ofc :) but for £22 i would hope there on a good decent paper print!

16. Eltheza

Eltheza

Name:
    Elizabeth
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Thanks for reminding me, Mark:plus1:! I came across him by chance some time ago whilst just browsing YouTube for photography tutorials. I subscribed! I'll watch the videos I haven't seen now...:)

17. Giles2373

Giles2373

Name:
    Giles
    Edit My Images:
    No
    I looked him up on the back of this thread and again enjoyed the clips that I saw. I find Youtube videos like this quite inspirational, mainly due to just seeing some of the locations.

Eltheza likes this.
  18. ianmarsh

ianmarsh

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I really enjoy his channel (and bought his Ebook and will buy his calendar). Does anyone know of other youtubers doing on location videos of similar quality? I follow an American guy (from Washington state I think) but cannot recall his name - I'll edit when I get to a PC. (EDIT: - Nick Page is his name)

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
  19. delb0y

delb0y

Name:
    Derek
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    He certainly doesn't mind driving up mountains on very icy roads. Fair play to him!

20. Broken

Broken

Name:
    Chris
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    another one i enjoy is a guy called

Nick Page Photography ( has a huge goatee beard ) hes worth checking out he explains all sorts from Equipment to PP locations, and so on :)

ChrisWXM, John wells and ianmarsh like this.
  21. ianmarsh

ianmarsh

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    That's the other guy I follow, I had just remembered his name. Some lovely shots of the Palouse

Broken likes this.
  22. MrDrizz

MrDrizz

Name:
    Mark
    Edit My Images:
    No
  23. ianmarsh

ianmarsh

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    ace - a quick look suggests the last two are my kind of thing but I'll check them all out.

24. cargo

cargo

Name:
    Gary
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I can't take a good landscape photo to save my life. So recently searched youtube for guidence and came accross Mr Heaton I have watched quite a few and find them very good indeed.Also have watched the E6 ones as he his down to earth fellow :)

Gaz

Eltheza likes this.
  25. FiestaRed

FiestaRed

Name:
    Mike
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Have selfie stick will travel. When you list them like this it makes you realise that most of the Vlogs are quite similar. I'd also like to ask Is it compulsory to have a beard if you make VLogs?

Mardybum and MrDrizz like this.
  26. Broken

Broken

Name:
    Chris
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Beards are just epic they just make us look awesome :p unless being a tart like me with beard oils and combs lmao! :LOL::LOL:

27. MrDrizz

MrDrizz

Name:
    Mark
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Yes and a tattoo, a piercing is optional.

But you are right they are all of a similar style, not sure how that coild be changed as all vlogs of any subject are similar.

28. FiestaRed

FiestaRed

Name:
    Mike
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I think I've found the perfect formula for a great Vlog. Get up early in the morning, DON'T SHAVE, put the selfie camera in the back of the car then lift the boot lid, chuck all the gear in the boot, call in at McDonalds for a coffee, drive to the venue and then have a good walk around pointing the selfie stick in the air.

Having said all that, I really do enjoy the Thomas Heaton videos. I like his style and the way he presents the videos, I also like the way he pretends to sneak away for the weekend on "non photography" trips with his good lady. Best of all I think I learn something from him and he does inspire me to get out of bed at really stupid hours.

MrDrizz likes this.
  29. DaveNewcastle

DaveNewcastle

Name:
    Dave
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Small world, I was at his wedding! I would have said hello to a fellow tog (though I barely qualify as one) but I didn't want to distract you. I said to my friends at the time it must be stressful photographing a photographer. Can confirm that Tom is a great guy, that his calendar is fantastic quality, and that he gets up stupidly early.

30. danny_bhoy

danny_bhoy

Name:
    Danny
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Ah Dave I wish I'd known - we could have had a chin-wag!

Yeah I must admit it was nervous times on the lead up to the wedding but, you're right, he's a really nice guy so it was good fun! :)

DaveNewcastle likes this.
  31. Chris P

Chris P

Name:
    Chris
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I have been watching him for ages. He seems a real down to earth sort of guy.

His videos have gone from strength to strength.

I was a little bit disappointed in the ebook. It seemed to jump all over the place a bit. I did manage to pick up a few tips so in the end it was a worthwhile purchase.

He sure looked like he had a huge pile of calendars to shift.

Best of luck to him!!

Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
  32. Emma10

Emma10

Name:
    Emma
    Edit My Images:
    No
    He has made me want to try out landscape photography I'm really liking watching his blogs at the minute.

33. MrDrizz

MrDrizz

Name:
    Mark
    Edit My Images:
    No
    I hear he was on the BBC one show tonight. (4/10)

34. FiestaRed

FiestaRed

Name:
    Mike
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Thanks for that Mark.

I just watched it on iPlayer, it was about the Perseid meteor showers. It's about 11 minutes in for those who don't want to watch Matt Baker throwing his arms about for the first part of the show.

35. Carl Hall

Carl Hall

Name:
    Carl
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I've watched a lot of his videos lately and he's very refreshing compared to some other ones. His videos come across as very genuine and much more believable than some of the other ones I've watched that are more set up and rehearsed. I like that he talks so much about light and compositon instead of camera gear and settings. I've learned a lot watching his videos (mainly that I've been pointing the camera 180 degrees the wrong way at sunrise/sunset :LOL: ) and they are enjoyable to watch.

FiestaRed likes this.
  36. MattMail

MattMail

Name:
    Matt
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Snap

37. John wells

John wells

Name:
    John
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I really like the videos, it's helped me get back into landscapes having been pulled more towards architecture, he does appear down to earth, I also like that he engages others, such as asking for location tips through twitter when out and about

38. 69Bonni

69Bonni

Name:
    Steve
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Holy smoke when do you get time for photography then, Mark:)
    He is obviously talented, and nice presentation. Pretty down to earth and not up his own professionalism! For some reason reminds me of Jamie Oliver, perhaps he's the Jamie Oliver of the photographic world ( no disrespect intended on either side ).
    @FiestaRed "Call in at McDonalds for a coffee" blimey are they open at silly O'clock in the morning then, guess it must be a winter sunrise then;)

Regarding the calendars perhaps he has gone for quality over quantity? Has anyone got one yet? I guess by the time you take into account printing and binding, probably a few quid if your not using Trueprint (do they still exist or am I showing my age?) and if your only printing a small run it will be more expensive. However the country file calendar is about a tenner isn't it, but there probably running a couple of million and it is the BBC! So at £22 it's a fair wack but then I guess he wants to make a few bob out of it.
    To me anyone who is that passionate about their photography is good by me and he has a nice relaxed style, Good on him!
    As for his videos I'd rather watch them anyday, rather than that 'Master of Photography' cobblers! :rolleyes: (just my opinion).

39. MrDrizz

MrDrizz

Name:
    Mark
    Edit My Images:
    No
    He did a video about the calendar and the printing process. He has gone for quality printing.

an1uk and 69Bonni like this.
  40. bootneckstu

bootneckstu

Edit My Images:
    No
    You get what you pay for, his printing process was very thorough. 12 quality images at £1.83 a pop sounds like a bargain to me ;)

Keebsuk likes this.