Time Machine - only two days of backups visible since Catalina

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Wondering if any other folk here have found a similar issue? All was working fine until I went to Catalina and only recently noticed that only two days of backups were visible - although there is an indication by used space that others remain. Currently using a WD MyCloud backing up over local network.

A Google search only threw up https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250779853 and despite following this, no change. On the basis that I notice within two days I have deleted something I didn't mean to there is no real issue and I do back up other important bits elsewhere - but it is now irritating me. Anyone else have the issue and dealt with is?

I think that the problem has been resolved. Either no one here is suffering the same issue or was able to offer advice on this so....

When I updated to Catalina it appears that the Time Machine file on my WD MyCloud device had been renamed to backupbundle from sparsebundle. I have no idea why - and it was something that Apple were themselves unable to answer - I am still waiting for their engineers to get back to me.

The symptoms were not obvious (to me at least). I did a restore from my previous iMac (Mojave) to the new (Catalina) and that worked perfectly. All the incremental backups worked perfectly and the only issue was that the local snapshots were limited to the previous 24 hours meaning that I could restore from 23 hours ago - but 25 hours or more was not possible.

A simple rename of the TimeMachine backup file on the WD device from backupbundle to sparsebundle appears to have resolved the problem.

My backup is named Backups.backupdb, not bakupbundle. To be honest I don't know if the naming was changed with Catalina .
I can see everything back to November 2017 when this particular drive was installed

If you have a spare drive I would use this to backup to and see what name it gives the backup

Chris sorry for delay Not been on line for a bit. The backup drive is a LaCie 4TB and its simply automatically labelled time machine , by the Mac

Back