Daily Timmy's 365 - Well that's that then.

Thanks very much for the encouragement everyone! I had a clear idea for today's one (and this is an example where I thought of a title before the image), but it probably needs some background explanation:

January 6th is celebrated around Christendom as the day the three wise men visited the baby Jesus. They bring gifts to children to this day, although the tradition is not kept in certain countries and this can sometimes lead to misunderstandings...

Gold, Frankincense and... Murder! by Tim.Garlick, on Flickr

Last edited:
I must say, you 'do' death very well! I think the photo on it's own is great but the explanation helps! ;) Well composed shot!

ooh liking that last image :) the title says it all ..no need for further explanation

That is fantastic!! .....not that you're dead of course... ;-)

Love the pics, i cant believe how difficult it is to come up with ideas every day, normally there just spur of the moment but this challenge forces you to come up with stuff. Its only day 7 as well :help:

Very clever! You're clearly putting a lot of thought and work into these.

Thanks all!

:clap: So who did it, Caspar, Melchior or Balthazar?
I'm not sure it all happened so suddenly! I can tell you I think he had a beard, and was wearing what can only be described as robes. Hope that helps ;)

Love the pics, i cant believe how difficult it is to come up with ideas every day, normally there just spur of the moment but this challenge forces you to come up with stuff. Its only day 7 as well :help:
Tell me about it. I have good days and bad days at the moment. Lots of ideas for future photos,but it depends on timing, light conditions and free time. On days where I can't spend a lot of time on my photography it's a bit of a struggle (see below as a prime example!)

That is fantastic!! .....not that you're dead of course... ;-)
So glad you added that last sentence! :LOL:

Ok onwards and upwards. I wanted to throw in a mobile phone shot today. I could have spent a lot of time with another staged image, but don't want to burn out too early; a bit of a lazy day today. Thankfully a friend of mine agreed to a portrait, which turned out to be much more interesting than what I was planning on posting originally (and I can always save that idea for an emergency day).

007/365/2013 - Grez2000 by Tim.Garlick, on Flickr

Thanks guys

Bugger just seeing the way that you've number the file and has made me realise that I've missed 007 day again,
Yeah I missed that one too, until I uploaded the image. Fortunately Grez is a bond fan so it kinda ties in. Have to put a reminder in my calendar for next year ;)

How strange, I had the very same thought of doing something very similar to that today, but ran right out of time :shrug:

Fantastic once again!!... loving the tones too even if your mate is a little odd:D:D

At first, I saw it and thought, oh, Tim looks very nice and friendly, but he's got a slightly strange physique! :LOL:

Great shot, love it! :)

Thank you for your kind comments everyone! For today's submission, may I present to you a little invention of mine.

Imagine you are out and about and suddenly get a thirst on. There is not a bar to be found (perhaps you are on an iceberg, attending Sunday School or at an AA meeting). What you need is TimmyG's Amazing Beer Tablet!

008/365/2013 - Beer Tablet by Tim.Garlick, on Flickr

Simply pop it in a glass of water and enjoy your favourite pint within moments! What do you think of the brand name "Beerocca"?

That's a very interesting photo, but I have to say, I am not buying your tablet, at least not until I have seen the 'after' shot (as opposed to the during one)!:LOL:

ETA, I don't think I gave justice to just how good this is....love it!!

Last edited:
That's a very interesting photo, but I have to say, I am not buying your tablet, at least not until I have seen the 'after' shot (as opposed to the during one)!:LOL:
Sorry Sam, I drank it before I even though to take an "after" photo :(

ETA, I don't think I gave justice to just how good this is....love it!!
Thankyou!

Great idea - both the picture and the tablet - nice cold beer is an absolute necessity in the summer months :D

Thanks again everyone. It's amazing where you can get inspiration sometimes. This one came to me on the way to the toilet...

09/365/2013 -They are among us by Tim.Garlick, on Flickr

Taken with my camera phone and processed with a combination of apps and MS Paint! Not used that for a while..

So, that's... You.....the Mrs.....You after a TimmyG's Amazing Beer Tablet....? :LOL::LOL:

Last edited:
I so look forward to seeing what you come up with next... always makes me smile.... excellent work:D(y)

These are fab! Love the 'beer tablet' - very cleverly done. And the alien toilet - looks a bit like the Ood!

Back