Daily Timmy's 365 - Well that's that then.

Just catching up on your last few Tim. Couple of excellent cat shots there, well done on making that lovely looking cake and I hate marmite!

Cat and mouse is very funny, well thought out and well shot....I love it! (y)

As for Marmite..............I love that stuff! The photo is great! :)

The cat shot is great, love the processing on it too. Now marmite, can't stand the stuff but love your shot :). Loving todays mono shot too, nicely lit (y)

Tim. I wish my cat was like yours but she simply insists on re enacting War Games..like the processing.. Toilet door clever again...marmite I'm on the hate it side of the fence..like the photo though except from the knife disappearing out of shot...great lighting control on shots like the dislocated thumb.. Impressive and inspirational

Excellent :)

Did you know my Grandad? It was one of his favourite "tricks" :love:

Thanks I think that one turned out to be my most difficult shot to date. With trying to get autofocus working and getting the lighting right, I ended up with thumb cramp after all the shots it took.

Anyway, we have a guest in our house at the moment, so I thought it would be nice to introduce her. This is Mavis:

017/365/2013 - Mavis by Tim.Garlick, on Flickr

Last edited:
Ohh, I like day 16! Very clever. Love the processing too.

Love the eyes on the cat. Very menacing and evil looking :LOL:

Mavis doesn't like like she's too sure about being papped. Nice portrait though.

2 gorgeous shots Tim... i used to do the manipulation with my children all the time lol

Love your non-photoshopped thumb trick.........just be careful, because Mavis looks like she might take care of the other one for you! two great shots! (y)

Thanks all. I think Mavis was a bit nervous for our first photo session, but she seems to be settling in better now. Anyway, but really stuck for time recently and I was out last night (getting drunk and falling over in the snow) but I did grab a quick snapshot during the day:

018/365/2013 - Hidden Messages by Tim.Garlick, on Flickr

Not one of my better ones, but it means I keep going ;)

Today I wanted to make sure i got some snow scene in before it all disappears, and because it's Saturday I had the opportunity for some natural light. I didn't really have a concept in mind, and so I ended up with this:

019/365/2013 - Winter Highlights by Tim.Garlick, on Flickr

I might try to do something a bit more interesting tomorrow (time permitting).

I think your being overly hard on yourself, it they both work well for me, you cannot expect to produce 365 stunning photo's it's just not possible (y) and if there is one you put ip that you don't like then use it as fuel to drive you to do better next time ;)

I approve of both ;) It's true, what Matt says, to produce a complete stunner every day would be nigh on impossible.

Thanks everyone! Yeah I appreciate I'm not going to be happy with the vast majority of pictures I post, but I do want to try and push myself as much as possible to learn as much as I can throughout the year. I just get frustrated when i can't spend all day everyday trying to get it right (who invented this "work" idea anyway? They want shooting)!

Ok, a quick play around with some off camera flash today, and this one was inspired by Hayley's awesome hare shot from yesterday (which I am still insanely jealous of). No hare's near me (that I've ever seen), so I had to make do with a cut-out instead...

020/365/2013 - Rabbit in the Snow by Tim.Garlick, on Flickr

Thanks, I'm going with "stylised" rabbit, but yeah the longer ears do suggest a hare; but then it looks a bit fat, so more like a rabbit. Anyway, if you can think up a better title let me know ;)

Im getting jealous of all this snow, we have none. Nice idea Tim. The flare? In the bottom left distracts me a bit.

The exposure on the snow's good and I like the concept of this - nice and simple and it works. However, if you were truly inspired by Hayley's photo, you would have cracked open the origami skills and had him running towards you! :naughty:

Great shot and it works for me! :)

Back