Daily Timmy's 365 - Well that's that then.

Thanks guys :) A bit of a respite from the comedy images today. I wanted to see if I could process an image entirely on my mobile (also I figured it was about time for a mono shot). I haven't found an app that will let me do photo "manipulation" easily yet (all processing is generally applied to the full image) so concentrated on composition and patterns for this one.

Overall I was impressed with the end result to say it was a mobile image. When I saw it on a big screen i noticed a couple of things I would have done slightly differently. Still good contrast and detail and I was impressed with the noise control from my small sensor:

010/365/2013 - Woodlouse by Tim.Garlick, on Flickr

Last edited:
Cool, got to love a circular staircase.

Nice conversion and a strong image.

Composition is gorgeous... Plus i'm a mono lover anyway so makes for an extra awesome shot :))(y)

Thanks all, looks like I'll be making more use of my mobile throughout this 365 and already have some follow up ideas from that image for future months. Today I wasn't sure what to shoot. I couldn't quite settle on an idea, but came up with this concept while making some toast:

011/365/2013 - Heaven & Hell by Tim.Garlick, on Flickr

I'm not particularly happy with it, but at least it means I survive another day. Typically after I uploaded I had a ton of better ideas, which I am now going to have to write down for future "slow" days..

Thats awesome... It just goes to show how angles can 'make' and image... simple but stunning.. well done.....(y)

I'm seriously thinking about using my phone for some shots.... considering it was all i ever shot with at one point i can remember the last time i used it:D

For a shot done on a phone that staircase pic is amazing, also had a good giggle at the toilet doors signs. Love the concepts you come up with for shots (y)

The toast is excellent really like that idea. I'm thinking that I need to start making a "shot" list too. I have flashes of inspiration at very obscure times, forget them and then can't think of anything to do :LOL:

Love the toilet door and the staircase. For phone based processing try snapseed, it does have a clunky form of selective processing in addition to the weird and occasionally wonderful filters, all of which I intend to use extensively this year :)

Really enjoying your ideas, keep em coming! My toaster could never toast so evenly, I'm quite jealous!

The toast is excellent really like that idea. I'm thinking that I need to start making a "shot" list too. I have flashes of inspiration at very obscure times, forget them and then can't think of anything to do :LOL:
I definitely think it's worth while doing, it should really help out on those days where you can't find inspiration.

Ferj said:
Really enjoying your ideas, keep em coming! My toaster could never toast so evenly, I'm quite jealous!
Yes it is a good toaster I suppose, although it could do with being a bit deeper. You can probably tell from the lower image, I need to flip the toast over and do it a bit longer to get all the edges.

Thanks for your comments everyone. I thought I'd introduce my pet cat "Gato" at this point in the project. Not had any pet portraiture so far...

012/365/2013 - Domesticated by Tim.Garlick, on Flickr

Last edited:
Oh boy Tim that is freakily awesome!! ...laughing!

Ok, so I was scrolling down the page and BAM - that certainly made me stop! Love it - so well executed and uncannily believable somehow! :LOL:

I commented on flickr cos i saw it there before I saw it here ... its brilliant

Thanks everyone! I'm glad you like it, wasn't sure how that one would be received!

Sorry I haven't been able to comment on everyone's own projects for the past couple of days, I've been struggling for time (although I have managed to have a look through some of them). I'll spend some time with you all this week and hopefully I'll have lots of great images to catch up on!

Here's a simple one for today. It was my wife's birthday and I made her a cake! I guess this could be considered a documentary shot ;)

013/365/2013 - Carrot Cake by Tim.Garlick, on Flickr

Oh now I want cake! I love documentary type shots in a 365 - little moments captured as well as set up/processed shots. I'm sure your wife loved her cake. :)

Oh, I love carrot cake and that one looks good enough to eat :D

Nice processing

Mmmmmmmmm cake wow!! lovely and so thoughtful making that for your wife.. awwww:D

Two great jobs in one - making the cake and that photo! Looks absolutely yummy (and that's from someone who doesn't even like carrot cake!) :)

Thanks all, I think it was the first proper cake I made, and it turned out quite well. Might have to enter the great British bake off this year... Anyway, if I could I would send you all a slice (even you Sam), but my wife took the rest into work with her, and they scoffed the lot. Oh well, onto the next image.

Not sure how I came up with this concept, I think it was when I spotted the cat's toy...

014/365/2013 - Best Laid Plans by Tim.Garlick, on Flickr

Ooh! 2 weeks done :)

Last edited:
Thankyou, hope you enjoyed it more than my cat did...

Well, I had plans to do a study of light with a still life image this evening, but then I fell asleep, so you're getting a picture of marmite instead. Love it or hate it...

015/365/2013 - Love by Tim.Garlick, on Flickr

Tim you have some really cracking shots, love the light and tones on the marmite - can stand the stuff myself though :puke:

Hate it .... the marmite that is :)

you have an excellent imagination and are so creative, I like the way you process and light your images too

10/10

Back