Daily Timmy's 365 - Well that's that then.

Sonriendo said:
The egg is really cool - never seen that before, how long does it take for the shell to dissolve?

Oh Tim, what an amazing update, but the one that gets me the most is the egg, is that for real? dissolved the shell that is too cool (y)

Getting the shell of the egg is really easy. I just stuck it in a jar and covered it in white vinegar for 48 hours (swapping out the vinegar half way through). I actually got impatient and rubbed off most of the remainder of the shell after 24 hours.

Even so, it wasn't giving me the image I had in mind. I ended up shining a small LED torch directly through the egg (it's actually 3 separate images where I've "shopped" out my hand and arm) and even then I wasn't happy. It wasn't quite as transparent as I was hoping and,as such, wasn't obvious what I was tying to show. My wife kindly lent me her eyes and I blended the tiny veins from them onto the egg et voila!

~Sam~ said:
oh, and you were a PREFECT??? or did you mug one?
In my school if you made it to the 5th year without a criminal record, they gave you a badge ;)

Thanks for all your kind comments. I'm really enjoying coming up with new ideas at the moment. Lets hope it lasts! The only downside is that I can't spend as long as I would like to perfecting a concept if I have to upload one everyday! Of well, I guess I better learn to be more efficient :)

Apologies again for posting so many images in one go, I promise I'll try harder to stay on top of things. Saying that, I'm already behind and have 2 more to post today!

044/365/2013 - Short Memory by Tim.Garlick, on Flickr

Happy Valentines!

045/365/2013 - Fly me to the moon... by Tim.Garlick, on Flickr

Last edited:
Getting the shell of the egg is really easy. I just stuck it in a jar and covered it in white vinegar for 48 hours (swapping out the vinegar half way through). I actually got impatient and rubbed off most of the remainder of the shell after 24 hours.

Even so, it wasn't giving me the image I had in mind. I ended up shining a small LED torch directly through the egg (it's actually 3 separate images where I've "shopped" out my hand and arm) and even then I wasn't happy. It wasn't quite as transparent as I was hoping and,as such, wasn't obvious what I was tying to show. My wife kindly lent me her eyes and I blended the tiny veins from them onto the egg et voila!

Wow, that is dedication, not entirely sure I've got the time or the patience to do that :LOL:

Really like the lego shot - very well done and just perfect for Valentines day (y)

Awwww now the lego is a lovely take for valentines.... super cool!

Thanks again. I was trying to hold off on the lego for as long as possible, but I had wanted to attempt that image (or something very similar) for a while now and Valentines seemed a good day for it.

Back to another food image for today I'm afraid. I was trying out a new light painting technique but wasn't really happy with the results. Still I have some ideas on how to improve it for next time.

046/365/2013 - Oeufs en cocotte by Tim.Garlick, on Flickr

Fly Me to the Moon works brilliantly - great composition! (y)

I had to google Oeoufs en Cocotte, sounded very French and la di da....first link told me it's eggs in pots, which sounds slightly less sophisticated don't you think? :thinking::LOL: It looks like they turned out well, though, and that gorgeous looking buttery toast is making my mouth water! :)

some great shots here Tim :)

Thanks all

I had to google Oeoufs en Cocotte, sounded very French and la di da....first link told me it's eggs in pots, which sounds slightly less sophisticated don't you think? :thinking::LOL: It looks like they turned out well, though, and that gorgeous looking buttery toast is making my mouth water! :)

Yeah I was in two minds about what to call it, but given my ancestry I figured I might be able to get away with it. I definitely think the French sounds more appealing though (it usually does to be fair..)

Here's a quick one from yesterday, and off out to see if I can find today's now :)

047/365/2013 - The Tree Surgeon by Tim.Garlick, on Flickr

That's an excellent tree surgeon shot.... great detail!

Thanks guys. Here's todays, I think this may be my first landscape:

048/365/2013 - Walking off Sunday lunch by Tim.Garlick, on Flickr

I don't often do landscapes because I'm rubbish at them. This one annoyed me when processing it as I realised I should have moved to the right some more to get the curve of the lake shore in, and got lower to the ground to increase the amount of rocks in the foreground and reduce the amount of lake a bit. Still we live and learn, and that's the whole point of this 365!

Brilliant shot of the tree surgeon Tim and the landscape is still lovely :)

Well, it looks pretty good to me, I'm no good at landscapes either, and they look like they should be so damn easy :LOL:

Thanks both. Yeah I definitely find landscape photography very challenging. I think it's because of the lack of a specific subject (the whole image is the subject)! So you have to look for a good composition, make sure you have focus throughout and then make sure you have the right light! I tend to fall over at the first hurdle :)

both great shots and love the colours and patterns in Day 50 :clap:

Love the dof on the snail and the processing on them both is just excellent (y)

Back