Daily Timmy's 365 - Well that's that then.

Giggles, you need a rabbit from THAT shop in the town centre :naughty:

I like the idea ... how about long eared rabbit in the snow? :LOL::LOL::LOL:

The flare? In the bottom left distracts me a bit.

Yeah, I wasn't sure about it either. In the end I kept it for a bit of extra umph, but I know it's not always popular (especially when it's rendered).

MWHCVT said:
...I like the way it looks like snow covered rolling hills

The rolling hills are actually an old door mat I'd left on top on the garden furniture. Funny how things work out.

Tezz450D said:
... you need a rabbit from THAT shop in the town centre
Anne Summers? :eek:

Thanks everyone for commenting. I'm posting very late today (well early), because I wanted to try a new processing technique (google Brenizer Method). It's all right for a first attempt I suppose. There are lots of fault lines, so I think I need to re-process, but it's taken ages and I want to go to bed now so this will have to do :)

21/365/2013 - There's a cat in me kitchen... by Tim.Garlick, on Flickr

Never heard of that so went & had a read. Interesting & I think this is a great first attempt.

Never heard of that and havnt time to read up now, will later! Can see the fault lines as you mentioned though.

Can't see any fault lines either, it makes it look a bit "tilt shift"

Hah! Good man Tim, that's a great shot! I love the fact you applied this to a portrait of a cat :). I have used this method before and like it, really good for subject isolation.

It does look a little like tilt shift - love what you have done here and definitely going to read up on this technique! (y)

I think i shall be off googling that in the morning it looks ace!... well done(y)

I'd say that's a brilliant first attempt as the BM, I've tried it once and failed miserably so the fact that you've got a photo out of it I think is wonderful :clap: and it's a great one (y) even with the minor faults...

Thanks all! Not posted here in a couple of days. I was trying to reprocess that cat shot to remove the errors, but wasn't successful. Think I might have a go at stitching it manually at some point. Anyway that didn't leave me enough time to work on a new image yesterday, so I had to rely on a mobile snapshot I took in the morning:

022/365/2013 - Cold Dawn by Tim.Garlick, on Flickr

I wanted to make sure I got a documentary shot of our current winter status, so at least that's covered off.

This evening, I thought I would continue the snow theme, although things are beginning to thaw again now..

023/365/2013 - Goodbye my friend... by Tim.Garlick, on Flickr

Got a number of your threads to catch up on so looking forward to seeing what you've all been up to for the past few days!

Do NOT send that last (brilliantly composed photo which tells a story of your own making) to Sky News - Charlotte will have a heart attack!

OTOH, I do not get all emotional over a snowman demise and LOVE the photo! (y)

Tim..that's a fearsome cat!! I binged Brenizer Method as googling is for people who drive mini's ... interesting concept, do i take it you took the cat first in case it moved than moved around the room... brilliant effect..

..sad to see your friend disappear....so many snowmen suffer premature thawing :(

Haha love the snowman or lack of snowman.. poor bugger (y)

some fantastic shots on here Timmy :) Subscribed and following (though I dont know how I missed it in the first place :( )

Thanks all, the good news is it snowed again last night, so I got to see my friend again :)

Anyway, I just couldn't brain again on Thursday, so in a mad scramble to find something to shoot I picked up some fruit and ended up with this:

024/365/2013 - Conjunction by Tim.Garlick, on Flickr

The following day I managed to discover the old 3D glasses I've built a collection of from trips to the cinema. The wife had "misplaced" them in a pile of stuff for the recycle bin, but fortunately I noticed a pair sticking out and my wife was "delighted" when I informed her I'd managed to rescue them ;)

Anyway, I thought I'd better get a photo in before she manages to "misplace" them again...

025/365/2013 - Multidimensionality by Tim.Garlick, on Flickr

I actually had a slightly different image in mind when i shot this self portrait. It was only during post processing that the cinema interior idea formed and I tried to create that kind of feeling. I might revisit this concept at some point again, and get some popcorn for the next shoot.

I like the glasses shot! Reminds me of my holiday to Zante in 2011, when we were buying fake ray-bans for 3 euros a pair while drunk and wearing them all :LOL:

Your poor wife, Tim! Makes a good photo, though and I like that we can still see your eyes in there!

Conjunction - what was the thought behind this? The planets? Because that's what it reminds me of, and that nut as a moon? :thinking:

Conjunction - what was the thought behind this? The planets? Because that's what it reminds me of, and that nut as a moon? :thinking:

First thing I thought of too :D

Love the glasses shot - very humorous

Yep, spot on. It's all there. The big Orange represents the sun, followed by mercury and venus, the apple is Earth (with it's moon) and the red planet, Mars at the end. I managed to recreate half of our solar system on the kitchen table (although not to scale). Oh alright, it was just a load of fruit lined up :nuts:

Well it seems like you only get around to finish one photo before it's time to work on the next! I wanted to catch some of our garden visitors in the snowy environment this morning, but nobody showed up (apart from a couple of blue tits at the feeder that flew off beyond reach of my 55-250).

I then tried my hand at levitating on the snow covered lawn, but that failed miserably as well (I think I need to wait for the ground to harden up a bit).

So almost a full day's effort resulted in a picture of... a dead fish. Ta da!

026/365/2013 - Trout Triptych by Tim.Garlick, on Flickr

Last edited:
Back