Daily Timmy's 365 - Well that's that then.

Thankyou.. and now for a week of fillers (although I did get to enjoy the sunshine on Sunday). Sorry guys, hopefully I'll spend a bit of time trying to do something nice tonight (all depends on how long it takes me to put a chest of drawers together :(

140/365/2013 - Little Green Spiderling by Tim.Garlick, on Flickr

141/365/2013 - Compound by Tim.Garlick, on Flickr

142/365/2013 - Tank by Tim.Garlick, on Flickr

142/365/2013 - Triceratops by Tim.Garlick, on Flickr

143/365/2013 - Glade by Tim.Garlick, on Flickr

144/365/2013 - Fly by Tim.Garlick, on Flickr

Timmy, love 140 even if it made me go "EUGH!" as per my flickr comment! Really like 141, would love to know what it is though :thinking:
Really like the light on the leaves on 120, spent ages looking for Wall-E on 121, still no luck there! The windswept horse is lovely, did it tell you it was because he's worth it? :D Really love Sound and Light, lovely lines of light there. The variety of colours on Smorgasbord is spectacular and the bee macro is fantastic. I really need to invest in a macro lens and step up from my little Raynox DCR. Liking the shot of the two squirrels on 55, we don't get any in our garden due to the dog and cat roaming around like they own the place.

Glad to see you are still going and I am still following your stuff on Flickr, certainly more often than I get round to posting on here. Keep up the great work (y)

Thanks guys!

... Really like 141, would love to know what it is though :thinking:

I must confess it was just a colander I stuck my flash inside (was really struggling for something that day)

...and the bee macro is fantastic. I really need to invest in a macro lens and step up from my little Raynox DCR.

I actually use a cheap (£5) reversing ring with my 50mm for all my macro shots (I also have some cheap extension tubes I used for the last fly shot), although I would like to get myself a dedicated macro lens at some point. Not tried a Raynox before so not sure if these options will be any better than you current setup. Thanks for all your kind words!

Oh, btw, I had to renumber a load of images (I found a couple I had duplicated, so here they jump from 145 to 148, but they are all numbered correctly on Flickr), I believe I am up to 152, with 153 on Monday 3rd June (I started on the 1st Jan). Is that right or have I messed up somewhere?

Last edited:
Oh, btw, I had to renumber a load of images (I found a couple I had duplicated, so here they jump from 145 to 148, but they are all numbered correctly on Flickr), I believe I am up to 152, with 153 on Monday 3rd June (I started on the 1st Jan). Is that right or have I messed up somewhere?

Goddamit - I did 153 on Sunday :shrug:

Just googled and I'm right http://www.epochconverter.com/epoch/daynumbers.php

I have a separate file for my 365 uploads on my desk top, which makes numbering them easier ;)

Love the snail - it looks slightly surreal - how did you get it to pose for you :LOL:

And the Voigtländer is beautiful - does she work?

Goddamit - I did 153 on Sunday :shrug:

Just googled and I'm right http://www.epochconverter.com/epoch/daynumbers.php

I have a separate file for my 365 uploads on my desk top, which makes numbering them easier ;)

Love the snail - it looks slightly surreal - how did you get it to pose for you :LOL:

And the Voigtländer is beautiful - does she work?

Gah I had 2 135's! Ok renumbered again! (messed up 3 times in the last few weeks. Must be losing it). Great website though, thanks! That'll be really handy :)

The voigtlander shutter works, and I can't see any light leaks. It is a bit bruised and battered though but I'm hoping to run a roll of film through at some point, probably later this year (I wan't a go at developing too, but need to buy the kit yet).

Thanks guys

Another plant shot today. I was going to vary it a bit by having a picture of some clouds, but the mrs preferred this one, so I might end up doing a short series of plants over the next few days.

153/365/2013 - Strawberry by Tim.Garlick, on Flickr

Some great shots just recently Tim. The dandelion shot and that 'alert' snail stand out but most of the others are not far behind.

Oooh, looking forward to seeing the results from the voigtlander :)

Strawberry flower is most pretty - strawberries are in season here - and Spanish strawberries eaten in Spain taste like English one's eaten there - they obviously don't take too kindly to travelling :)

Seriously yuk :LOL: But seriously good :D
Just my trusty 55-250 EF-S (at 250mm I believe).

Good thing about that is I didn't have to get close to the little blighter and disturb his meal, and the AF seemed to manage ok in the dark (although it was very slow).

Thanks both!

Thanks, yeah. Thought I'd change the colours a bit from the standard red. Glad you like it :)

Thank you. Well would you believe it, I got about 2 weeks behind in my posting again! Still, i'm managing to do take a shot each day but recently been spending a lot of time trying to improve my focus stacking technique. I think I'm getting better, but you'll see an unfortunate number of insect close-ups in the next batch (and a number of other mindless fillers too):

Oh, one of these got to #7 in explore too, which was nice, seeing as it was a 5 minutes to midnight rush (no it wasn't the toilet picture)!

158/365/2013 - Flushed by Tim.Garlick, on Flickr

159/365/2013 - Flower Bed by Tim.Garlick, on Flickr

160/365/2013 - Cinnamon Buns by Tim.Garlick, on Flickr

161/365/2013 - Mavis by Tim.Garlick, on Flickr

162/365/2013 - Bee Portrait by Tim.Garlick, on Flickr

163/365/2013 - Common Rough Woodlouse by Tim.Garlick, on Flickr

Back