Toast toppings?

Crunchy Peanut butter, with a drizzle of salad cream on top.

walkers_cajun_squirrel.jpg

Can't beat some good old 'flatmeat' :puke:

Butter if it's breakfast time

Cheese if it's lunchtime (with a few splodges of marmite)

Beans and cheese if it's tea time

Pate if it's supper time

Banana, honey and cinnamon if it's comfort food time

And squirrel if it's 'experiment time'

:D

Musky Octopus in piquant sauce - but make sure you find all the chilis or you'll suffer from a ring of fire the next day! (You'll have to wait until Lidl get the Musky Octopus in again - can't wait!)

Musky Octopus in piquant sauce - but make sure you find all the chilis or you'll suffer from a ring of fire the next day! (You'll have to wait until Lidl get the Musky Octopus in again - can't wait!)

So octopus is ok...but squirrel isn't? :shrug:

Grey, killing red squirrels to eat is cruel. I'm very eco-friendly like that. Anyone want a squirrel tail shaving brush? :p

Boursin spread thick, some nice ham and topped with sliced tomato and a touch of salt. Mmmm ;)

Peanut butter and strawberry jam on regular toast (always peanut butter first THEN jam on top).

Other than that, get a slice of nice doughy white bread, cut off the crust and then roll the bread into a ball - stick it under the grill and turn until it's slightly browned and crispy. Then just dip it in jam and it's amazing. :)

So octopus is ok...but squirrel isn't? :shrug:

If you can point me at a source of tinned squirrel (grey, of course!), I'll be more than happy to give it a try. Since toast is a convenience food (for me), having to skin and draw a squirrel before spatchcocking it and grilling it, taking the meat off the bones and removing the tendons is just too much work for a "quick" snack. With the octopus, you pull the tab on the tin, tip the contents onto the plate, remove the chilli(s) and shove a lump on each bite of toast - job done!

Buttered whilst warm so it goes soft and the butter dribbles every ware:love:

If you can point me at a source of tinned squirrel (grey, of course!), I'll be more than happy to give it a try. Since toast is a convenience food (for me), having to skin and draw a squirrel before spatchcocking it and grilling it, taking the meat off the bones and removing the tendons is just too much work for a "quick" snack. With the octopus, you pull the tab on the tin, tip the contents onto the plate, remove the chilli(s) and shove a lump on each bite of toast - job done!

OK fair point :LOL:

hmmm...business idea though, tinned squirrel :thinking:

EDIT: SOMEONE BEAT ME TO IT!

Not sure I want a whole gallon as a tester!

Also not sure my nephew and niece would ever forgive me if I told them I ate squirrel Nutkins - they already look at me suspiciously after I told them that the venison in my casserole was made from one of Santa's reindeer since he can't afford to feed them all year. (Anyone for a Donner kebab???)

I told them that the venison in my casserole was made from one of Santa's reindeer since he can't afford to feed them all year.

You're my new role model :)

I'm hungry nowwww

not for squirrel though....

not for squirrel though....

What's wrong with squirrel meat? :annoyed:

I'll bet you've eaten far worse in McDonalds...let alone kebabs! :D

Actually there's a Dallas Chicken takeaway place near a club we go to thats known as Dallas Rat due to the dodgyness of the meat there....:puke:

Dallas Chicken sounds familiar...I was based at Kneller Hall for a year :)

is that Kingston? :)

ooh the military place in twickenham??

Last edited:
Yeah, it's the HQ of the Corps of Army Music, just up the road from the stadium...and opposite the Duke of Cambridge pub :D

Preserve wildlife - pickle a squirrel.

ewww

Cheese and jam...yum

cottage cheese with sliced apple

poached eggs and marmite

muchrooms and spinach with ketchup

fried egg with ketcup

whisky marmalade

For lunch I usually have a smear of salad dressing with a touch of pesto or lime pickle or something with chillies, topped with cottage cheese, red onion, tomato, pepper, black pepper, and whatever rocket or other leaves I have growing or chinese leaf.

Middle of the night and it's horseradish and tom sauce or Marmite, topped with a scrambled egg.

My dog hasn't yet caught me a squirrel, and I didn't fancy trying the mouse he got yesterday. There's a rat in the coal shed . . .

Jam and Cheese! :)

Sounds horrible, I know ... But it's really nice! :)

My Mum likes marmalade and cheese.

Back