togsPrint - Monthly Photo Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.
This months theme is 'The Colour of Autumn' :)

Love the Edinburgh shot!....Number 2 just looks, erm, out of focus! Number 3, nice one, lacks a little definition again, though!

Love the Edinburgh shot!....Number 2 just looks, erm, out of focus! Number 3, nice one, lacks a little definition again, though!

You got your glasses on mate? Number 2 is perfectly in focus, and a damned fine shot to boot.

Gary.

What tosh. It's not out of focus at all!

Compared to number 1? You cant see that?

The photo is fine, think what you are descrbing is perhaps Depth of Field.

You can read Google about it, a useful term to understand. Good luck,

Gary.

lol, i know all about depth of field, cheers!

Ahh Okay,

A few other terms you should research. DPI, and Jpeg Compression. They all have am impact when you you "upload"* in this format.

Gary.
* Put things online

** Actually DPI - may not have an impact for web viewng, feel free to ignore.

snigger, I am also more than aware of jpeg compression, artefacts, DPI and "uploading" thank you! lol

The original high-res copies of these images are all fine. The London shot is lovely and sharp throughout (except the corners).

Obviously the Nikon picture is far sharper though :LOL::LOL:(y)

Hell, it's all becoming clear now the web fuzz has cleared !
Nice to wake up to a little on line ding dong.
Congrats to winners - liked them all.

Must have a go myself...maybe.

snigger, I am also more than aware of jpeg compression, artefacts, DPI and "uploading" thank you! lol

"Obviously the Nikon picture is far sharper though " titter

Why don't you stop the "sniggering" and "tittering". (You'll note that isn't a question) It really does make you sound pathetically juvenile. If you want to behave like that take it somewhere else.

Three entries so far.

I've got a gallery sorted out now. Only basic but ... at least you can see the competition to date!

URL is here: http://www.togsprint.com/comp/index.html

You can also get to it from the Competition entry page.

Lee

Why don't you stop the "sniggering" and "tittering". (You'll note that isn't a question) It really does make you sound pathetically juvenile. If you want to behave like that take it somewhere else.

Bit harsh, isnt it????

...i use snigger or titter instead of LOL or smilies! No worries i'll just go :LOL: next time instead! Or LOL!

Lolling always sounds to me like something 6 year old schoolgirls do. What you want is a hearty snigger surely?? sniggering is a blokey thing, i mean, mutley sniggers.

Although, does it actually matter how one expresses the way they laugh?

forum etiquette usually deems smilies for tittering or sniggering, they are there for that purpose

Hmmmmmmm.

Wether to enter the norm or something different...........:cautious:

I've put an entry in, not sure it's anywhere near as good as the others, but I like it :D.

Hi peeps

Results will be in tomorrow afternoon for this competition. My judge is presently stuck in Scotland and due back in the morning.

The theme for December is 'The joy of Christmas' - enjoy everyone!

togsPrint.com

hmm.. :thinking: i entered the november comp but my image has dissapeared from the entries list :thinking: any reason for this?

chris

I have a great idea for this, but no way of implementing it, blast :(

Sadly not - I've just sent a chase email into the judge but he's not responded yet :bang:

Results are in!

Publishing shortly!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back