togsPrint - Monthly Photo Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steve

The staff will be dealing with quotes and new business. As you can probably appreciate - handling shipping, new business, customer services and printing aint easy for anyone !

I hear what people are saying and will address them all accordingly :)

I'll still be doing what I do best - and keeping an eye on everything ensuring its all ticking along sweetly.

Lee

On the subject of couriers, I would prefer to have a 3 day service by courier to recorded from RM, since I have found that RM can take 3 days to deliver recorded (and thats from various items I get sent not just prints). so choice is always going to be a good idea.
To be honest the service and help I have had from you when I ordered prints has been far more than I expected, I hope that the people you have taken on keep up your standards. Hope things are a lot easier for you now (y)

Lee I think offering a range of postage options would be great, from 24/48hrs when needed to 3-5 days to keep the cost down would be a great range of options. Good to see your enterprise is expanding! As mentioned we all know you are a great guy, and will go out of your way to get things sorted (which we all appreciate) we just don't want your business to suffer as a result of some lame third party courier.

This months theme is Sunset :)

I have an alternative idea, whether I already have a suitable image or will get an opportunity to get one is another matter entirely of course....

Hey LL

Last months competition couldn't be run due to a lack of entries (some of those entered weren't actually relevant to the theme!). :bang:

Just one question, what counts as a high res image ? I presume something like the tif or the non saved for web jpg ? And what image size/resolution are we talking about ?

Ideally 1000px down the shortest side @ 150dpi

They always look better when the judge views them for sharpness / dof etc than a very low res image. Also - if you are placed then we need a decent size file to print from :)

Thanks for the info Lee, the chances of placing I think are pretty unlikely :D, but it's always good to know.... I'll have a nose at the image I'm thinking of...

Hey guys

Entries have closed for this months theme and results will be posted tomorrow before tea time!

Best of luck to all entrants - we'll put a gallery online too so you can see all the stunning entries!

Next months theme (October) is: Landmarks

Phooey missed it... Ah well. good luck to everyone

Hey guys

Entries have closed for this months theme and results will be posted tomorrow before tea time!

Best of luck to all entrants - we'll put a gallery online too so you can see all the stunning entries!

Next months theme (October) is: Landmarks

as I read this I'm currently waiting for someone to pick me up for a flight to Munich, lets hope I can find some landmarks there!

LOL :LOL::LOL:

OK guys - the results are in!

First place: James Thow - Bywell, Northumberland

Sep-1.jpg

Second place: Mark Shepherd - Sunset taken at port solent marina, The sky turned an amazing orange colour and the water lit up the same colour. I took the shot hand held.

Sep-2.jpg

Third place: Robert Clark - A sunset shot over the water of cardigan bay.

Sep-3.jpg

Well done guys!! I'll be in touch over the next few hours!

Yay, many thanks Lee. A very pleasant surprise.

Well done to all who entered, I do like that 3rd place one mind!

cheers

Fantastic news!

I love #1st place, well deserved James (y)

Well done to you three, fantastic images (y)

Sorry the results are late in everyone - but here they are!!!

In first place - with his first entry into our competition is Gary Whittle with this wonderful shot of Edinburgh Castle before Sunrise.

Oct-1.jpg

Second place: Yvonne White with her bucket load of landmarks in one!

Oct-2.jpg

And third place goes to Mark Shepherd (again!! (y)) of Durdle Door!

Oct-3.jpg

I'll be resetting this months competition shortly. The theme (carefully selected might I add!) is 'The colour of Autumn'.

Now - to me it's cold enough to be winter - but there's some stunning colours out there guys. Go get 'em!

Lee

Congratulations too all three of you (y)

Well done all.

Stunning shot Gary, deserves the prize. :clap:

Well done everyone. 3 great shots.

Andy

Well done all thre. I really need to get off my fat arris and get an entry in!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back