Too Close For Comfort (Red squirrels)

Name
Will
Edit My Images
No
I've spent quite a lot of time doing remote release photography with the red squirrel, and finally I've got a shot I'm happy with.

What do you think?
Also - does the fact that the foot is clipped slightly detract hugely from the shot?

Nikon D700, Nikon 14mm f/2.8 lens.
500px link if you wish to vote ;) http://500px.com/photo/4670065
718cd566ae25698a1de17dd847fd3e0f-d4nzk20.jpg

or do you prefer this...?

81607cd668ce06393ceadcf1ff8cd4f6-d4nzlbe.jpg

or this?...

24e6s6p.jpg

Last edited:
Love them both, If we are being picky then the loss of the foot is slightly distracting but but bearing in mind how the photographs were taken then not a problem.

As the red is obviously photogenic then I suppose the next step is to teach it to pose :)

I agree with Munchif we were been picky then yes but as a subject i think it is spot on. To even get a shot like that gets a huge thumbs up from me! Think they are both cracking! Can't wait to see more!

Just wondering if you insulted the squirrels parentage in pic 1. He looks insulted lol

love them

WOW! Love those. I adore Squirrels as it is anyway, i think they're awesomely cute animals. Top effort (y)

They are brilliant!! As above about the foot but with the quality of them all i'd give myself a a big pat on the back if I were you! :)

3rd for me!!! And second!! Noting worng really with first either ;)

Cannot give you any feedback re: technical issues, however the first one to me is far more expressive.... it sort of say's 'ooohhh whats that'! Also, similarly, no. three has more 'expression'.

All cracking shots... well done you! :clap:

The first one is the best. The pose is fantastic, I don't mind the clipped foot.

They are all utterly fantastic shots.. I love 1 and the loss of foot is of no consequence to me!... Luck old you!

I love these so much!! Great job! If you wanna sell any prints... ;) I'd love to have one on my wall :D

I happened to be in Allendale Forge this morning, and saw these shots in print and card from :).

Nice work indeedy!

Great shots. Love the first, the critter's face draws our attention enough that the missing foot doesn't impact the outcome.

The expression in the first one is great. If you hadn't mentioned the chopped foot I wouldn't have noticed. But you did. So I see it too much!

Could try cropping higher up so it you crop out at the 'ankle' area. Might seem more deliberate then.

i love the pictures. #1 especially because of the face on the squirrel

I really like that first one, great expression.

These are fab! All 3 are great, but the first is my definite favourite :)

Back