Too Close For Comfort (Red squirrels)

Nicely done Will. I had visions of them chewing on your camera LoL.

I've spent quite a lot of time doing remote release photography with the red squirrel, and finally I've got a shot I'm happy with.

What do you think?
Also - does the fact that the foot is clipped slightly detract hugely from the shot?

Nikon D700, Nikon 14mm f/2.8 lens.
500px link if you wish to vote ;) http://500px.com/photo/4670065
718cd566ae25698a1de17dd847fd3e0f-d4nzk20.jpg

or do you prefer this...?

81607cd668ce06393ceadcf1ff8cd4f6-d4nzlbe.jpg

or this?...

24e6s6p.jpg

Thank you! :)

Please do le the know how you get on! :D

Actually Will, I think that I had some 'Beginner's Luck', because I managed to get some shots that I was really happy with at my first attempt :eek: (this morning).

I posted them here :) ... Link ...

As I mentioned in that post, all credit goes to you for coming up with the idea and sharing it here ;). I wonder if I would have ever thought of approaching the problem that way myself :thinking:. Truthfully, I doubt it. In fact, I was sitting with my calculator last week and trying to work out how much stuff I would have to sell to buy a 500mm f/4 in order to get better wildlife shots - turns out that I'd have to sell everything that I own :D!

So, instead of spending £5,000, I spent £5 on a new battery for my D700's remote (why are CR2s so expensive :shrug:) and £2 on a bag of hazelnuts :D. A cash saving of £4,993 AND with (possibly) better results)!

I owe you one, Will (y)!

Andy

First I steal your idea; then I kill your thread :shake:.

Sorry Will :shrug:!

Little guy goes from shocked to curious. Seeing this has just made me go out and buy myself a remote i think.

Back