Too many Cop Police TV shows

Name
Jon
Edit My Images
Yes
There is yet another Tv cop show coming on the telly, getting really fed up them now. Can't tv producers think of any other genre?
The new one out now, is called Before we die.

They always seem to follow the same format, such as their family is involved in the crime in some way. This new one now, the female detective's son, is involved in some way.
Just recently the female detective is always the boss, and she is sharp and smart, the male detective is always portrayed as being a bit of a thicko. Always the same format.

Never have too many decent detective dramas I love trying to work things out, really enjoying The Pact on BBC 1

Last edited:
There is yet another Tv cop show coming on the telly, getting really fed up them now. Can't tv producers think of any other genre?
The new one out now, is called Before we die.

They always seem to follow the same format, such as their family is involved in the crime in some way. This new one now, the female detective's son, is involved in some way.
Just recently the female detective is always the boss, and she is sharp and smart, the male detective is always portrayed as being a bit of a thicko. Always the same format.

Well, don't watch them ... :)

24 hours in police custody gives a realistic and different angle.
Cops chasing no stops is incredibly boring.

I suppose these programmes are cheap to make. No performance fees!
Yup, 24 hours is a bit of an eye opener. No big sensationalism, and maybe rather more hard hitting for it.

If you can stand watching something with subtitles there are some really good Swedish/Scandinavian detective/crime drama series around - highly recommended.

Never have too many decent detective dramas I love trying to work things out, really enjoying The Pact on BBC 1

The TV show innocent, I knew it was the husband from the start, even though the missus disagreed. I must admit, I did got it from the wrong angle though, I thought the husband killed the lad, because he sort of mocked him.

If you can stand watching something with subtitles there are some really good Swedish/Scandinavian detective/crime drama series around - highly recommended.

BBC 4 Sat at 9.00.
Spiral was the best (set in Paris). Inspector Montalbano a bit of fun.

Last edited:
The Bridge was an excellent example - anyone know of any others ?

Beck
Arne Dahl
Rebecka Martinsson
The Bridge
Valhalla Murders

these are all on Netflix or Amazon Prime. BBC Four shows some also.

The TV show innocent,

Loved the first series, never made it to end of the first episode on this one, but if others enjoyed then I have
no objections to it being screened, plenty of other channels to get bored by or an off switch on the TV

Loved the first series, never made it to end of the first episode on this one, but if others enjoyed then I have
no objections to it being screened, plenty of other channels to get bored by or an off switch on the TV

But the TV licence being so expensive, we would like to get use out of the TV. :)

PS

I like watching TV, but not always police drama shows, far too many on the box.

Even when Coronation street or Emmerdale is on, there is always scenes with Police, in most episodes.

PPS

Bring back Si Fi genre, and possibly a good western. :)

But the TV licence being so expensive, we would like to get use out of the TV. :)

PS

I like watching TV, but not always police drama shows, far too many on the box.

Even when Coronation street or Emmerdale is on, there is always scenes with Police, in most episodes.

PPS

Bring back Si Fi genre, and possibly a good western. :)

Good God, what on earth are you doing watching cr@p soaps, I'd rather stick pins in my eyes..... All I see in the clips of the soaps I come across is people shouting at each other. There's enough cr@p in this world as it is, I'd rather spend time something that isn't so depressing.....

Good God, what on earth are you doing watching cr@p soaps, I'd rather stick pins in my eyes..... All I see in the clips of the soaps I come across is people shouting at each other. There's enough cr@p in this world as it is, I'd rather spend time something that isn't so depressing.....

The missus is in charge of the TV control, she puts the soaps on. ;)

I have always loved the foreign suspense films, they do have a nice feel to them somehow.

The modern Van der valk is so boring, totally unbelievable and over acting by the cast, I feel. But the missus loves it. :mad:

Have you watched "Bosch" on Prime? Great series - 6 seasons. The other series I really like is Chicago PD, quite gritty in places.

If I am correct Innocent was an ITV programme and Before We Die is Channel $so licence fees didn't pay for them :thinking:

Last edited:
But you still need a tv licence, even if you only watch ITV. ;)

But they don't get any money from it, so blame the advetisers, not the TV licence

But you still need a tv licence, even if you only watch ITV. ;)
Actually you don't. But is does depend on how you watch TV.

You don’t need a TV Licence if you only ever use online services to watch on demand or catch up programmes, except if you’re watching BBC programmes on BBC iPlayer.

Actually you don't. But is does depend on how you watch TV.

You don’t need a TV Licence if you only ever use online services to watch on demand or catch up programmes, except if you’re watching BBC programmes on BBC iPlayer.

True, I do remember reading up catch up or something. :)

Have you watched "Bosch" on Prime? Great series - 6 seasons. The other series I really like is Chicago PD, quite gritty in places.

Like both of those, just finished the second and last season of Mindhunter
An Aussie series called Secret City is very good, again sadly only two seasons.

I've also just watched a Canadian series called Intelligence, but it looks like it only ran for 2 seasons. I find that a lot with the Canadian stuff, obviously if it's not picked up by the US networks they don't continue.

I've also just watched a Canadian series called Intelligence, but it looks like it only ran for 2 seasons. I find that a lot with the Canadian stuff, obviously if it's not picked up by the US networks they don't continue.

They make some good stuff, Dark Matter lasted three seasons and thankfully got five from Orphan Black.
Another very good one was Motive, think that got to at least three maybe four.

Last edited:
They make some good stuff, Dark Matter lasted three seasons and thankfully got five from Orphan Black.
Another very good one was Motive, think that got to at least three maybe four.

I agree, I really liked Intelligence, I loved all the dealing between the crooks & the police to keep the streets "safer".

I agree, I really liked Intelligence, I loved all the dealing between the crooks & the police to keep the streets "safer".

I'll give Intelligence a go then, is it on Netflix?

You really should invest in one of these Jon. Transformed my life, it did :cool:

05C4286E-4510-4571-B1FF-309C12FC7AB6.jpeg

Last edited:
Back