Top Gear - New Series!!

Last night's was supposed to be entertaining? I suppose a pair of overpriced taxis being thrashed around their track was -for a moment or 2, as was the Hugh Jackman interview but the trannycraft? Waste of license fee and probably incredibly annoying for all the other waterway users (can't believe that none of the sinkings caused any pollution either.)

Bring back Goffey and even the antikreist Nolly Edmonds!

I enjoyed it.

Guess I'm a little immature!

Admit it, you almost enjoyed it, you must have to watch until the end!

Waste of license fee

It's a little strange to consider the BBC's biggest moneymaker a waste of licence fee.

It's made the BBC a lot of money over the years, (£149 million in revenue over the last 5 years).

Until they actually cost the BBC money, (like the other drivel like Eastenders), I think they'll be allowed to act like idiots as much as they want.

It's a little strange to consider the BBC's biggest moneymaker a waste of licence fee.

It's made the BBC a lot of money over the years, (£149 million in revenue over the last 5 years).

Until they actually cost the BBC money, (like the other drivel like Eastenders), I think they'll be allowed to act like idiots as much as they want.

You do know revenue doesn't mean profit, right? It is profitable, I believe, just not to that extent!

You do know revenue doesn't mean profit, right? It is profitable, I believe, just not to that extent!

Either way, it's BBCs biggest money spinner!

Without searching out the precise profits, the Top Gear profit would have been in excess of £15 million for the last financial year alone (Bedder 6 paid dividends of£7.5 million to the BBC, £7.5 million to Clarkson and Wilman).

Switched off last night. Used to enjoy it. Lsdt night was 15 mins good 45 mins crap.

Liked the Made in Britain segment and had been looking forward to the F Type test but the test was ruined (for me) by the Instagramisation the editor used - made my eyes bleed!

Personally it was the most enjoyable series for a number of years.........

Loved the caravan "race" and the attempt to make a van into a hovercraft :LOL:

Some decent cars driven/tested too.

How sweet is the Jag F Type though!
I'll have one in V8 guise please, now where did I put that £80,000 I had :D

Personally it was the most enjoyable series for a number of years.........

:plus1:

Some good "projects" this series. And even Clarkson acknowledging the series longevity (when talking about the new 911) by saying how on earth do Porsche think they can get away with doing the same thing year after year :)

My personal favourite was the trip to Spain - some great cars and one of the few programmes to highlight the utter waste and madness that is the Spanish economy.

I still watch it but i have to say i too get annoyed with the 30mins of mucking about that they seem to think is comedy.

I looked half decent until the clip with the F1 car airborne over a crest. :bonk::thinking:

At the old Nurburgring :cool:

Try Goggling Jim Clark Nurburgring - Lot so old photos of F1 cars all 4 wheel in the air.

David

*awaiting film with "interest"

Last edited:
Full-Lap-of-the-N%C3%BCrburgring-Circa-1975-450x296.jpg

rush looks like a cracker!

Back