Tourist shots of Paris

Edit My Images
Yes
Likey :)

Some really good shots there, Ian.

Love the colours on these Ian.

I spent last week in Paris with my son, doing the tourist sights. Here are some snaps:

1. From my favourite place to shoot - top of the Arc de Triomphe
1707_Paris_084 by Ian, on Flickr

2. And another
1707_Paris_063-HDR by Ian, on Flickr

3. Now one of the Arc - a five second exposure but I got lucky with a gap in the traffic
1707_Paris_114 by Ian, on Flickr

4. The new:
1707_Paris_140 by Ian, on Flickr

5. And the old:
1707_Paris_167-Pano-Edit by Ian, on Flickr

Thanks for looking

i want to visit paris now...the old is a great shot
what area would you say that is..i have read a few books based in the old paris and this area may have been mentioned...

cheers
geof

Last edited:
Love No5 (y)

Excellent set though.

This is at the back of Sacre Coeur in Montmartre. It is a well known restaurant so it should be on maps but we just wandered round and came across it.

yes i have heard of monmartre..just in books

of human bondage by somerset maugham being one which gives good locality of the paris of the artists in the prose
cheers
geof

I've made a mistake on the fifth shot and let a grad intended for the sky bleed onto the gable end of the building. I only just noticed, so pretend that hadn't happened.

personally i think that is what makes the shot...for me
cheers
geof

yes i have heard of monmartre..just in books

of human bondage by somerset maugham being one which gives good locality of the paris of the artists in the prose
cheers
geof
So I am no expert about the place but it seems the general view among my Parisian friends is that the artistic element of the area has been priced out by sex shops and tourist traps (often the same thing) but that it is also being gentrified. many of the large blocks of apartments in the area looked very spruce, and once you are off the track leading from metro stops up to the Sacre Coeur church the place is very quiet and very pleasant. Worth a visit.

Thank you all for the positive comments. The one of the Arc was the only planned shot and I had persuaded my son to carry a tripod and filters for it. The others were just spur of the moment pics that I usually don't touch once downloaded but these came out well for once.

Each to their own, I guess. I have half a dozen versions of this shot now - gaudy, dark, B&W, desaturated etc and they all look decent. I guess that is a sign of finding a good subject if even my heavy-handed processing cannot ruin the shot.

a shot is ruined the minute one thinks it can be...exepting extremely bad composition and a tendency to follow the crowd...everyone wants their own stuffed animal
with digital processing i think the ones i class ruined taken by myself...are poor shots...taken again at another time...even poorer
there comes a time to avoid certain photography which perhaps is not for the individual
mainly the copycat genre
i think mrscrow and myself need to have a visit to the areas you mention...never stepped on french soil..i docked at le havre on translantic voyages and only looked
like the man who shot his arrow at the enemy...a duty to the king..and then went home..
cheers
geof

I've made a mistake on the fifth shot and let a grad intended for the sky bleed onto the gable end of the building. I only just noticed, so pretend that hadn't happened.
I don't even know what that means, lol!
Having only passed under Paris I wouldn't have imagined it looking like this. Superb as they say in France

Back