Info TP anomalies

Cobra

In Memoriam. TPer Emeritus
Admin
Name
The real Chris
Edit My Images
No
We are fully aware that there are a few anomalies following the migration.
Chris @sirch is working hard to correct these.

Thanks for you patience during this time.
(y)

Search seems a bit limited in scope, I suppose it is still indexing the more recent stuff (my search for "copy stand" in F&C turned up no posts after 2010!)... But otherwise, as folk have said, congratulations on the smooth transition...

I suppose it is still indexing the more recent stuff (my search for "copy stand" in F&C turned up no posts after 2010!)
Curiously, I found nothing at all for "copy stand" forum wide.
But yes I think it maybe still indexing, there is a lot of stuff for it to get through.

Hi Cobra. Is the preview button (the one where you can see your text and/or photos before submitting) one of the anomalies and is likely to return?

Clicking on 'Your content' gives a server error. Is the thing still indexing?

Search seems a bit limited in scope, I suppose it is still indexing the more recent stuff (my search for "copy stand" in F&C turned up no posts after 2010!)... But otherwise, as folk have said, congratulations on the smooth transition...
Search is not working for me, all I get is " Oops! We ran into some problems."

Suppose it will take a little time, to get everything synched back as it was.

'Your Content' under profile isn't working either, but that will be related to the search function problem too I imagine.

'Your Content' under profile isn't working either, but that will be related to the search function problem too I imagine.
Yep, its all related Trevor.

Reactions: Sky
It's now top right of the reply box.

View attachment 323893

Ah, excellent! Thanks Marc. Oddly, my phone browsers opera and chrome show that magnifying glass icon but not the word 'preview' for some reason which is why I hadn't spotted it. Maybe it'll show up on my laptop. Anyway, I know where it is now, it works and I'm pleased about that. :)

Just noticed that what (well, more "who"!) used to be green is now pink...

But only the top level.

Reactions: Nod
my phone browsers opera and chrome show that magnifying glass icon but not the word 'preview'
It’s the same on iPad, I expect it’s just a ‘lack of space’ thing for mobile devices.

Search is not working for me, all I get is " Oops! We ran into some problems."

Suppose it will take a little time, to get everything synched back as it was.
Search seems to be OK now. Earlier today it wouldn’t work on “titles only” but now it does :)

Sirch got Search (see what I did there?) restarted early this morning. I don't know if it's still indexing but there was a config error that got resolved. Thanks for your patience.

Search seems to be OK now. Earlier today it wouldn’t work on “titles only” but now it does :)
That's great, I can get searching for certain items now.

I like the way you can now define where to search. :)

I think you alway could :thinking:
Correct (y)
I think that people are just finding "tools" that have always been there, while looking around the updated forum

One thing that the migration seems to have cured is the slow posting of my replies in one of the Dartmoor threads.

One thing that the migration seems to have cured is the slow posting of my replies in one of the Dartmoor threads.
That's the "more power to your elbow" add-on that Sirch found

It’s the same on iPad, I expect it’s just a ‘lack of space’ thing for mobile devices.

Yep, agreed. I turned my laptop on today for the first time since the migration and yes, the word preview is there. (y)

All my email notifications are now going to my junk email since about 7pm tonight....?

The site email domain has changed from @talkphotography.co.uk to @tpmedia.ltd You'll need to reconfigure your whitelist/filtering to let us back in.

The site email domain has changed from @talkphotography.co.uk to @tpmedia.ltd You'll need to reconfigure your whitelist/filtering to let us back in.

Does that mean that the top team are no longer Slackers? :)

Rock on!

I prefer mellow-yellow personally...

Back