Info TP anomalies

That's a rather snotty colour hanging off your avatar isn't it? May I offer a-tishoo?

I'm having problems with inserting media from Youtube into posts. It's now just showing Video is Unavailable, I've checked all the videos and they are all Public and have Allow Embedding enabled. I've checked back on all the posts I've made with videos in them and all are the same (they did use to show the video).

I'm having problems with inserting media from Youtube into posts. It's now just showing Video is Unavailable, I've checked all the videos and they are all Public and have Allow Embedding enabled. I've checked back on all the posts I've made with videos in them and all are the same (they did use to show the video).

I've noticed that on some other sites TBH.
I think that it maybe yootoob blocking it.
The way around that is to hyper link it

Pink Floyd - Comfortably numb

Last edited:
I think that it maybe yootoob blocking it.
The way around that is to hyper link it
They did used to work on here, and they work fine on another forum I use, but I will try hyperlinking them.

They did used to work on here,
I know, they did, but as above I've noticed more and more ( recently) that the only way to play them is to either hyper link or click link under the cannot display image.
I suspect that its You tube trying to keep them in house.
But I'll ask @sirch ( T'other Chris) to take a look just in case it is a "Local" problem.

Thanks Sirch (The Other Chris), that's true dedication... So, I'm presuming it was a local problem and not related to the Toob?

I sort of have a rule of not doing these things when half-cut because they can go horribly wrong but just for you ;)

Works for me too.

Hmmm very strange :thinking:

Tried on another browser, Edge, that I rarely use so not log on here on and the video was fine.
Came back on google, got the unavailable box, logged out of site and all ok, lagged back in and unavailable again.
Not too worried as I rarely watch videos

BTW Known bug in XF 2.2.6

Good job my XF is a 3.0.D!!!

FWIW, Chris's (the pink one) youtube link to Comfortably Numb shows as the black "Unavailable" square and clicking on the square does nothing. Clicking on the play button sends me to youtube's front page (I think) but clicking on the text below the black box plays one of Pink Floyd's finest. Win10, Edge.

Just tried with Chrome and all I get is the same result as I do with Edge.

Clicking on the play button sends me to youtube's front page (I think)
That's exactly what I get too, Nod.

Tried on another browser, Edge, that I rarely use so not log on here on and the video was fine.
Something is very strange indeed, I tried Opera, Brave, and Fire fox, none worked.

I tried all sorts, logging into YT, logging out of YT,
Cleared cashe / cookies.
I even logged on on my phone last night
(I never log on on my phone certainly not for several months at least)
In case it was a bug or something on my PC

I uninstalled / reinstalled one of the browsers,
and tried ( installed) a totally different browser,
I got the same black square result,
everytime

I rarely watch videos
I do look at some of the linked ones, by clicking the small hyperlink under the "black box"

Works for me, Firefox V 90.0.2
TBH I don't know what version I'm on but having uninstalled and reinstalled it guess its the "latest one"
Edited to add, yep, same version Roger,

Last edited:
Works for me, Safari on iPad.

Works for me on face book posting the direct link rather than attaching...

Something is very strange indeed, I tried Opera, Brave, and Fire fox, none worked.

Were you logged into TP when you looked ?
Both chrome and edge show the video when logged out, log into TO and you get the black square
all very strange

Were you logged into TP when you looked ?
Both chrome and edge show the video when logged out, log into TO and you get the black square
all very strange
I just gave that a try, logging out, and flippin'eck.
You are right! log out and I can see the video's

At a guess, something in Youtube is reading the request before passing it to the server and some URLs or IP adresses are blacklisted, triggering the "go away" message. It could be using pattern matching rather than exact comparisons so some addresses get blocked unintentionally.

Last edited:

Of course, I usually am, you just like arguing :p

If I look at THIS page, I can see the linked to, clickable youtube "tile".

Back