Info TP anomalies

This is not a new thing since the changeover, but when I post a comment the time stamp is an hour later. I used to think it was a GMT thing or my imagination since I don't normally keep any record of the time I post :).

Today in the “virus“ thread I posted # 11040 and #11042 at 1.33pm BST and 1.41pm respectively but the times shown are 2.33pm and 2.39pm respectively ie about an hour later.

There‘s no delay to the posts showing up.

Is it a “feature” or a bug or a fault at my end?

Looks like the time of posting here is correctly showing for me (3:37pm) so I'm guessing it's at your end, possibly Preferences > Time Zone ?

Richard, my clocks (radio controlled) tell me it's 16:53 as I post. Hopefully your computer time stamp says the same.

Looks like the time of posting here is correctly showing for me (3:37pm) so I'm guessing it's at your end, possibly Preferences > Time Zone ?
Thanks. Its curious. I’m on iPad & Safari and it’s the same on another iPad and the iPhone — of course they tend to synchronise so may mean nothing. Time zone is the default, ie London and if I set Time Zone Overide & set London there’s no change. It’s not a big deal, just confuses me sometimes when I see a post (not mine, it’s the same for all obviously) and think “that’s odd, I thought I read that an hour ago”!

I’ll try a different browser and see if that makes a difference.

Richard, my clocks (radio controlled) tell me it's 16:53 as I post. Hopefully your computer time stamp says the same.
Yes, clocks everywhere are giving correct time BST. Because the times are about an hour out it makes one think “GMT” but it’s in the wrong direction.

This is not a new thing since the changeover, but when I post a comment the time stamp is an hour later. I used to think it was a GMT thing or my imagination since I don't normally keep any record of the time I post :).

Today in the “virus“ thread I posted # 11040 and #11042 at 1.33pm BST and 1.41pm respectively but the times shown are 2.33pm and 2.39pm respectively ie about an hour later.

There‘s no delay to the posts showing up.

Is it a “feature” or a bug or a fault at my end?
I've just checked your profile. It was set to Central European Time, which is an hour later than the UK.
Try posting again and see if it's okay now?

I've just checked your profile. It was set to Central European Time, which is an hour later than the UK.
Try posting again and see if it's okay now?
Thanks, that would explain it, hadn’t thought to check profile here, I certainly didn’t intentionally set it to Central E Time!

The times on my posts that I cited are now correct so that’s solved it, thanks again!

Last edited:
Reactions: Nod
Glad it's sorted.

The small TP camera logo top left on the screen seems to have an English flag as a background?

Did I miss something?

Just curious, why is the title of the site home page now called

Talk Photography

Firstly Star Wars, then Revenge of the Sith. ;)

But can we please skip the phantom menace at the end of October...

But can we please skip the phantom menace at the end of October...
Well we seem to have missed Pi day -3.14 for our American members and 4 square day 4/16 but never mind, we've plenty to look forward to before then, Towel day on the 25th of May in honour of Douglas Adams, Programmer day on 20th Sept - day 256 of the year, Ada Lovelace day on the 16th of October, Back to the future day on 26th of October

And don't forget world snake day on the 16th of July (y)

Wasn’t sure where to post but is it possible to add page numbers to the top of threads?

Gets annoying having to scroll to the bottom of a thread to go back or forward a page, would be better to have the option at both ends.

Last edited:
Hmm, doesn’t seem to be working for me on Safari or chrome whether that’s desktop or mobile.

Hmm, doesn’t seem to be working for me on Safari or chrome whether that’s desktop or mobile.
Same here on my mobile, I can only see the ones at the bottom.

Okay on Brave.

Plus works on firefox, opera & microsoft edge, desk top and laptop.

even so, once you read a page, the next page is at the bottom ready to move on.

Back