TP Day 2011 - Entries Thread - Slideshow now out!

Sonial said:
Oh wow! This is where I grew up, lived in Croxely Green and used to walk to the pool in Cassiobury Park.....only back then it was a fairly grebby rectangular pool and I got a fishing hook stuck in my toe whilst paddling once :( .........looks like it's improved a little since then :) Lovely shot of your daughter, great exposure considering all that bright light and water!

I was really impressed with the park, it's the first time we have been. Our little one loved it, I'm sure we will be back there soon.
One thing they could do with changing is the size of the car park. They could do with double the amount of spaces at least.
Thanks for the compliment on the shot.
There are a few more on my blog if you want to check them out ----> http://deanmcbryde.co.uk/?page_id=192

Blimey, forgot about this, let me dig a shot out I took when I get home.

Macro- I'm constantly amazed by the beauty, detail and complexity of nature which can be reveled through a macro lens, which is simply not seen by the naked eye and is present all around us - 90% of my shots are taken in my garden which fits well with a busy home , work life. This Damselfly was photographed at 07:13:27 and you can still see bits of its breakfast stuck in the hairs around its jaw.

Damselfly_2962 by HiddenNature, on Flickr​

Woah, that's an awesome macro shot. I've been playing with my Sigma 105 and quite frankly, that puts it to shame. Okay your lens is twice the price, but still :D

Top shot :)

Taken at 10:48 in the morn.
I was happy with it until I saw that other bee shot ;)

Went out on Saturday in the hope of finding something interesting to capture. My passion is aviation, but the show wasn't until Sunday, so here's one that fired the imagination.

Wheatears.jpg

Tim

Stuck around the house today so limited in subject matter. Whilst I have a passion for growing roses and recording the finest, this is not the best example

IMG_4822a.jpg
]

Last edited:
Photo deleted as I now realise that the photo was not one I'd taken on the 2nd.

Last edited:
I joined TP in the same way most people did, as a happy snapper, willing to learn and have some fun with my camera. Over time, one camera became 2, which then moved into upgrades, better glass and then Marcel threatened me with a visit from Matty in a suspenders panties and a bra if I didn't agree to become a moderator. This forum has very much been an integral part of my life for over 4 years now and over the last year I took the step forward of becoming a paid photographer with my own business. Part of that has involved doing something I never thought I would do or enjoy - shooting weddings. Thanks to loads of help and advice and of course critique, from round here, working with fantastic photographers like Colin [Hacker], Ryan [ryanyboy] and picking the brains of Simon [Revill], Hugh [boyfalldown] Dave [both diddy and MD] and others, I have learnt more in the last year than I ever thought possible. More than that, I love what I do! Weddings ARE hard work, long days shooting, and many many hours in pre and post production stuff, but they are totally addictive too. So, TP has meant so much to me and my picture is from Saturdays wedding. I don't claim it is anything technically brilliant or artistic, but it does pretty much sum up where I am now, loving my work and loving spending time helping a couple celebrate the happiest day of their lives. Thankyou everyone of TP (y)

p828216339.jpg

Just like last year, and frankly every day I visit the TP forums, I'm amazed at the talent there is to be found here.

Good job this isn't a comp that needs my vote, I'd never be able to decide which to give it to. :)

Here is my picture for the TP day.

I really enjoy taking any photograph really and am really starting to understand more about photography as a whole. This shot sums up my love for wildlife, flowers and recently the Macro world. Thanks to all on TP who have answered stupid questions and pointed me in the right direction!

5901502592_92ac9df795_b.jpg

Date Time Original - 2011-07-02 18:03:59
Make - NIKON
Model - D80
Lens - Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP di Macro
Shutter Speed - 1/180
Aperture - F6.7
ISO - 100

Here's my entry, taken at 19:23. This sums up my passion of photography, people, emotion, and images that make you think. Got my usual batch of funny looks while doing a shoot like this :D

TPday by James-306, on Flickr

Finally got to get in a (far too breif) trip to Bushy Park. I love visiting here for a stroll and to watch the deer but I don't get to visit anything like as much as I'd like.

I was hoping to get the white stag in this herd but he kept moving more and more to the centre of the group meaning my 200mm was far too short and getting closer would have been an incredibly bad idea. You can see him in the background of this shot.

Made do with some of the deer on the edge when they weren't stuffing their faces!

Taken at 16:40

Bushy Park Fallow Deer by themaninthesuitcase, on Flickr
Also on 500px

Hi, I have sent my photo to the e-mail address, but cant for the life off me figure out how to put it on here. Never posted on a forum before, please help :(

I still have to define what my actual passion is in regards to photography. In fact, a search through my Flickr will find a variation of subjects. I'm content to shoot whatever comes along at the moment whilst I try to improve my skills. TP will hopefully help me get there.:) This was taken in a few hours I managed to squeeze in when visiting relatives near Aberdeen. Taken at 5pm before the long drive home. I wish I could have stayed longer.:(

Photography is not about taking pictures, it's about the places it takes me while doing it.

Yes, this is Scotland! by Doog E, on Flickr

This was taken in the back garden at 8:24pm on the 2nd July, off a sunflower my boys had grown.

I was trying to get a pic of the insect on it feeding, but my camara is somewhat limited.

Thank you boyfalldown, hope I get this right :)

http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=112147&title=sat-2nd-july-2011&cat=500

kim ,i can see it..but this day is about rubbing shoulders with other togs.. so you succeeded there anyway.. love the colour of the sunflower... NO..love sunflowers (y)

This was taken in the back garden at 8:24pm on the 2nd July, off a sunflower my boys had grown.

I was trying to get a pic of the insect on it feeding, but my camara is somewhat limited.

Thank you boyfalldown, hope I get this right :)

Sat_2nd_July_2011.jpg

Fixed ;)

Since I completely forgot about this, here's a quick snap I took on the beach at Wells-next-the-sea at 10:37:

Wells_Beach_Hut_smalls.jpg

Sorry for the delay. Needed time to sort out photos from the weekend.

I spent the weekend shooting this bench every hour for a project, from sunrise to sunset over two days. I liked this girl just watching the ducks

9pm at night

136147278.jpg

My passion (or rather one of my passions) is photography and taking pictures that please me, no matter what the subject.
I've submitted this one as it pleases me - Don't know why, but it does!

TPDay_Lost_Mentalblock by HaplessClicker, on Flickr

It also represents a moment in someone else life on that day, the moment they lost their dummy.

Went out on Saturday in the hope of finding something interesting to capture. My passion is aviation, but the show wasn't until Sunday, so here's one that fired the imagination.

Wheatears.jpg

Tim

This is bizzare :eek:. Amongst the shots I took on the 2nd, one is almost identical to this! I'll have a look when I get home tonight!

OK - Here's my shot for today. It was almost my last shot from the Aldershot Army Garrison show. Lovely bunch of guys from Ghana, Kenya, Fiji and Jamaica.

drummer.jpg

I forgot to include the time this shot was taken. It was about 5.15pm.
My passion is for photography in general, and this weekend I just started to get back into the mindset where I can ask people if I can shoot their picture.

when it was my job, obviously I had to do that all the time, but when I'm taking pictures just for my own pleasure, I feel awkward. The results I have had over the past couple of days show that it's worth the effort and overcoming those nerves.

Here's mine - pretty much my first shot with my new toy - would have been a long exposure but I had the wrong fitting on my quick release plate so couldn't use my tripod :bang::bang:

SSC Sunset HDR by sadlybrokeboy73, on Flickr

OK - here's mine - wasn't what I had planned, as the 30th b'day party with kids turned out to be a kids party with adults, so I figured probably best not to get the long white lens out...

Anyways, here's a few of the things I enjoy all rolled into one: Sunsets, Churches and playing with my images [a bit of hopefully not too OTT HDR]. Took me ages to decide between this one and the B&W, but I figure you can't see it's a sunset in B&W, so stuck with this!

2011-07-02 - TP Day (IMG_2413_4_5) (3 of 7) by NPD 1979, on Flickr
Taken at 19:01:32 (according to the camera...)
[for those who are interested, the B&W is just next-door in flickr...]

I was stuck at a friend's house on Saturday, laying flagstones, so this was a quick grab shot...I wish it had been a TP weekend rather than just one day, as I got far better ones the day after!

Taken at midday...

BRAMBLE BLOSSOM by Janet Stansfield, on Flickr

Last edited:
Back