TP Day 2013 - post your photo here

Taken at Yew Tree Bottom in the New Forest at 6.51 am

DSC_5153TPLR.jpg

Just a reminder to everyone, I need the photos emailing over, there are details in the first post of this thread and the first post of the discussion thread too. Many thanks to those that have already done it (y)

Sent a couple of nights ago :)

I know, got yours, its just for people that haven't sent yet ;)

edit: everyone who has already sent theirs should now have an email to say thank you, but I will send the tahnkyous out in batches so don't panic if you dont get one immediately after sending.

Last edited:
wow... I would love to try photographing from a hot air balloon.....great picture

Do you do ballooning as a hobby or was this a trip?

Thanks, a hobby I suppose! I have recently got involved with my local ballooning club, I help launch/retrieve the balloons (later I will be learning to fly them). I was lucky that day, I got invited along for a ride, sadly my cameras were in the chase vehicle (a last minute invite due to someone else backing out) so this was taken with my phone.

Bogging Flickr's new sharing system!!! BRB when I've sussed it properly!

As all my cameras stay set to GMT, I'll have to add an hour to the EXIF time... IF I can remember how to do that!!! 07:41 BST. 09:41 local. Need to send this to the owners too - and will take them an A4 print next June.

DSCF0727sm by gpn63, on Flickr

Last edited:
TPDay-1.jpg

Decided to go with this in the end
from one of my usual haunts.
taken about 14:00 BST

IMG_2094 by Chris-the-falconer, on Flickr

Last edited:
I was driving from Edinburgh to Somerset that day; I did stop to take a couple of shots but nothing appeals. When I got to my sister's house, the sun was just grazing the stonework, so though the pic is pretty terrible it's the best I've got for the day!

Taken at 18:12.

Finally got around to processing some images. Here is my TP Day 2013 submission, taken at Hornsea Mere...

MB_5129_2013-08-31_12-20-28_small.jpg

Taken at 17.30
9800251665_2dda4eeb6d_b.jpg

I took a load of pictures the morning of the 31st, but conditions weren't great so didn't get very much that I could use. This falls squarely in the "shameless bokeh" category!

Talk Photography Day 2013 by Steve Rust, on Flickr

Mail sent also, hopefully all OK. :)

EDIT: Local time (Turkey) was 08:22.

Last edited:
Back