TP holiday .. Next year

I would recommend The Lizard Peninsula - Get some great shots down there, and if you do it right you get sunrise on one side, travel all around following the sun and get the sunset over the other side :)

Would also vote for Edinburgh / London / Snowdonia (or somewhere in Wales) / Somewhere seasidey on a holiday weekend, makes people shots very easy!

Touchedumdum.jpg

Sounds like a fine idea to me! I'd potentially be up for this, depending on where and when and all that...

Id be up for wales.
My bro & his girlfriend spent last weekend in a little slate miners cottage in wales, he came back with pics of waterfalls & loads of abandoned, cottages/houses etc.
Forgot the name of the place, Ill ask him tomorrow.

Nooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! Not Cliff :puke:

Agreed - not Cliff. But can we invite The Young Ones along? (As long as Vivyan doesn't drive!)

I'm game. We can all wear our TP fleece. :D

This is going to take some planning isn't it.

Right then, as Sue said earlier, we need to decide how many weekends we want to do, where we want to do them, so if we said 4-5 long weekends, each using 2 days holiday that 8-10days normal holiday for people working weekdays.

5 holidays for the price of 10 days is pretty cool.

So, Scotland, Wales, North England, South England, seaside town?

Bridlington, Whitby, Scarborough - somewhere like that?

Scotland? - any ideas? I've never been

Wales - Snowdonia could be cool and we'll see what Glo comes back with

South England - you southerners can fight over that ;)

North - I'm easy, whatever people suggest.

This is going to take some planning isn't it.

Scotland? - any ideas? I've never been

Can recommend the Aviemore area of Scotland, about a 40min drive from Inverness. I went a few years ago and the Cairngorms have some fantastic photo opportunities, and of course the whisky is good ;)

so if we said 4-5 long weekends, each using 2 days holiday that 8-10days normal holiday for people working weekdays.

Unless weekends are part of your normal working week :( I only get every other weekend off :p

the Cairngorms have some fantastic photo opportunities, and of course the whisky is good ;)

Mmmm, now your talking! (y)

Isle of Skye? A hell of a long way but I've been there once and it's a beautiful place

Scotland - the West Coast is fantastic, and there are some Island opportunities easy to get to from there too - Skye can be done easily enough via Inverness and then a Citylink bus across from Kyle Of Lochalsh for the non-drivers. Mull is also an easy trip from Oban, and from Oban you can also do evening cruises out round some of the other Hebridean Islands. In fact, whilst the guidebooks tend to disagree, Oban itself is a cracker of a place with some lovely photo opportunities (McCaig's folly being the most famous - see here). Also lovely - especially in the Autumn - is Pitlochry - there is a Scottish Hydro-electric dam there with opportunities for fabulous shots across glassy-still water with tree reflections.

Remember when doing Scotland, April is a good month to go - from May to September you'll get eaten by the midgies - nasty wee beasties they are too!

I can just see GKF shrinking away now... all those samey shots of the TP tour - including seals and ruins :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Wales - Snowdonia could be cool and we'll see what Glo comes back with

Sounds like most people are thinking N. Wales - which is groovy, but be aware that it's a real slog to get there from anywhere southerly (Including S. Wales).

Sounds like most people are thinking N. Wales - which is groovy, but be aware that it's a real slog to get there from anywhere southerly (Including S. Wales).

Really? I never knew that.

I was thinking of suggesting a North Wales ish TP meet sometime in the future.
I never knew it was a drag to get to from South Wales.
(I'm quite geographically challenged).

I do plan to visit both Scotland and Wales in the very near future, armed with my camera and a flask of tea. Both absolutely stunningly beautiful places.

my 2€ for what its worth.

Isn't the idea of many weekends little more than the TP meets that already happen? And is, in any case, a million miles away from a TP Holiday type idea which the OP suggested.

Don't get me wrong, forward planning of TP meets and having one or more of them take up a weekend instead of just a day-trip would be great. But its not the same as the original idea of a TP holiday.

Maybe we need another fred for the holiday idea and leave this one for TP Meets.

A whole week is a big chunk out of annual leave allowance, but long weekends sound good...a bit more meaty than the standard TP outing, but not so long we grow to hate each others endearing (?) habits. How about one in each season?

I like the idea of a 4 day weekend in Scotland or Wales. Because of it being more than one day we could do a bit of everything. One day for the coast, one for landscapes, one for city/people. and then the 4th day would be to rest from the other 3!

we are planning a tour around the country to visit some famous places in july and welcome the chance to meet up.

can you decide on something then make a new thread, I'm really up for this!

I don't think we need two seperate threads or ideas - I'd much prefer 5 4 day breaks than a solid one week or two week break - think about how much time would be wasted travelleing between places if we did a one or two week stretch. - if we went from scotland to the lakes or to wales or whatever thats the best part of a days light travelling - doesn't make sense to do it that way.

well, get it sorted, THEN make a new thread. Night night

Some of us are busy and all with the run up to christmas, it'll get sorted but its not hugely urgent at the moment, if I'm going to be involved its got to be after April anyway and thats 5 months away. Hold your horses ;)

Well, people need to input some ideas for dates, and ideas for what their ideas are for how it will work, then go from there...

Havent checked it out yet but this is the link my bro sent me to the place where he went last week .... http://www.tynyffridd.co.uk/index.html

Also, my neighbour's bro has this place in Scotland, dont know if this is the type of place we'll be looking at but, again, thought I' d post anyway as it would be nice to start bouncing some location ideas around ... http://www.bunroy.co.uk/index.html

Havent checked it out yet but this is the link my bro sent me to the place where he went last week .... http://www.tynyffridd.co.uk/index.html

Also, my neighbour's bro has this place in Scotland, dont know if this is the type of place we'll be looking at but, again, thought I' d post anyway as it would be nice to start bouncing some location ideas around ... http://www.bunroy.co.uk/index.html

Im liking the look and location that scottish one ! Ill bookmark that for myself i think ;)

How so? I go to Betws-Y-Clwd and Capel Curig quite often to walk round the Glyders and Tryfan. It only takes me about 4 hours on a slow run from London (Uxbridge), as long as the traffic on the other side of the border is bahaving itself...
And I never drive slow...

Back