TP Meet: Brighton next month ( June)

Without starting a new thread.....Knowledgeable members might be reading this thread and might know how I send my wheel back (free ebay postage label it's Royal fail) .....well the post office I normally use is a counter in a grocery shop o_O and he'll probably say where am I gonna put this wheel, same for a main post office which is above WH Smith's shop.
So how do you post large objects although if I was paying could pay to collect etc online.

Without starting a new thread.....Knowledgeable members might be reading this thread and might know how I send my wheel back (free ebay postage label it's Royal fail) .....well the post office I normally use is a counter in a grocery shop o_O and he'll probably say where am I gonna put this wheel, same for a main post office which is above WH Smith's shop.
So how do you post large objects although if I was paying could pay to collect etc online.

Sorted...apparently sub post offices (counter in a grocer store) don't like handling pre paid large parcels as they reckon they are not making any money? Main post office (info on the net) some have refused and have been reported probably same reason i.e. you are not paying them the post costs.
So just went to the local sorting office and they will take pre paid parcels.

Just a bump of this thread seeing as I'll be departing in a couple of days.

Hoping to see at least one or two of you.....

I can give my mobile number to anyone who wants it ( PM me) but bear in mind it is a french network and as such you will be charged at international rates.

As for a meeting up place, time etc...arrange betweeen yourselves and I'll fit in…..Perhaps somewhere obvious like the base of the i360 or the entrance to Brighton Pier ( That's the old one for you Nick (@RaglanSurf) so bring your armbands !:exit::LOL: )

Parking in Brighton is horrendous and expensive. A trip to Hastings however has loads of parking places all be it metered.

JScyIug.jpg

1uJfM8M.jpg

GPDVa83.jpg

jg8N942.jpg

8rzwHis.jpg

If it is a pier your after Hastings has one called locally "the plank". Not the little jetty in the first photo

zjfBVHy.jpg

even an old ruined castle on the hill opposite

Last edited:
Agreed; if I didn't have a bus pass I'd never go to Brighton. It is however possible to park relatively close and free if you're prepared to pay the horrendous bus fares. Or walk, if you're young and fit.

I was going to make a reply to this thread anyway. I was on holiday last week (Scotland, Onich style weather (German "Wetter")) so only visited the Foredown Tower today after a two week gap. I can report that although not as glorious and all covering as they were a couple of years ago, the poppies in the adjacent field are rather numerous, although only seen to best advantage from the top of the tower. Tower open this Saturday for camera obscura demos at 11, 12 and 1; if prior warning given, also 2pm. Prior warning as the demonstrators are volunteers, and vistors are thin on the ground, hence we pack up at 1.

As an example, today was busy - 2 people for 11, 5 for 12, nothing afterwards. Some days no one comes.

Last edited:
Sorry Asha, I’m not going to make this due to work. Hopefully I’ll catch you next time you’re back. Hope you all have a great time, the weather looks like it’s going to be good.

Parking in Brighton is horrendous and expensive. A trip to Hastings however has loads of parking places all be it metered.

JScyIug.jpg

1uJfM8M.jpg

GPDVa83.jpg

jg8N942.jpg

8rzwHis.jpg

If it is a pier your after Hastings has one called locally "the plank". Not the little jetty in the first photo

zjfBVHy.jpg

even an old ruined castle on the hill opposite
I can see the obvious positives of Hastings as a destination but it seems to me that there is one major flaw, the OP Asha, isn’t going to be in Hastings ;)

Unicycle.

Well if it was the front wheel busted what about a wheelie London to Brighton o_O:D I suppose I could use my free bus pass and spend all day getting there. :eek:

Train Bri….London to Brighton won't cost a mint!

Besides it's ME who's gunna be there….Flirpin eck, I'm tavelling about 600 miles…...just to SEE YOU!:exit::LOL:

Given that I can recall when the day return London to Brighton went up from 20s to 28s overnight, the current price is horrendous. I understand that many journeys in the UK are cheaper by air than rail. I think the last time I went to London was for the Pompeii exhibition at the British Museum, and possibly the time before that was the "Ansel Adams at 100" in 2002. My sympathies are with Brian on this one.

Train Bri….London to Brighton won't cost a mint!

Besides it's ME who's gunna be there….Flirpin eck, I'm tavelling about 600 miles…...just to SEE YOU!:exit::LOL:

Well Asha at my age I don't have the energy walking around catching tubes and trains etc :( .....a motorbike from my home to a parking motorcycle bay in Brighton would be just great...but maybe you can have a look to see if this shot was Brighton taken about 65 years ago, anyway the weather looks sunny but cooler than France and have a great time:-
djoC3H1.jpg

Well Asha at my age I don't have the energy walking around catching tubes and trains etc :( .....a motorbike from my home to a parking motorcycle bay in Brighton would be just great...but maybe you can have a look to see if this shot was Brighton taken about 65 years ago, anyway the weather looks sunny but cooler than France and have a great time:-
djoC3H1.jpg
Defo Brighton that rir, I recognise one of the pebbles from my previous visit! lol

I'll do me best to have fun Bri...won't be the same without you and your 10000000 amp laser ( flashgun!):cool::LOL:

Defo Brighton that rir, I recognise one of the pebbles from my previous visit! lol

Looking on google 3d map I don't think it's Brighton...but someone in the UK would know where it was taken (y)

bloody hell ,, look at the price of those deckchairs for hire ,

bloody hell ,, look at the price of those deckchairs for hire ,

Today it's rip off Britain as allowing for inflation 3d is the same as 30p in 2017.....but just AAMOI for oldies, 3d in 1955 would be 0.625% of a state pension and for today would be £1 with same calculation (to hire a deck chair)...h'mm but to hire a deckchair in Brighton is now £2. o_O:(

http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/currency-converter/#

Last edited:
Looking on google 3d map I don't think it's Brighton...but someone in the UK would know where it was taken (y)

Just looking at google and Littlehampton could be where the shot was taken...we need you southern boys to get on your bike and check it out o_O:D

Back