TP MegaMeet Debrief

Yv

TPer Emerita
Name
Yvonne, pronounced Eve...
Edit My Images
Yes
We did it, another year done and dusted without too many bruises ;)

As always with these things, a few thank you's are in order and a bit of a wrap up so here it is.

The biggest and most important thankyou must go to you lot, all the members that came along, either as contributors, helpers or visitors, without you guys it would all be bloody pointless and you make it what it is. This year in particular, almost all the on site entertainment was provided freely and willingly by members too, which was pretty awesome and really show what great people we have here on this forum. So, to all of you, massive thanks.

In particular, thankyou to @PaulButler and @Bazzle for coming again, travelling so fae and bringing a mix of their snakes, lizards, mantids and in particular, FROGS!! :D [I was a very happy mod when they arrived Saturday morning] Honourable mention to the fruit flies too :LOL:

Next, thankyou to @Tintin124 for being our weekend Macro Man and bringing along a range of kit and letting people play and learn a bit more about macro, brilliant stuff, even if the creepies and crawlies of Whipsnade were doing their best to be elusive.

Big Thanks to @Tori_T who armed herself with a million cups and bits of lego, just in case the weather decided to ignore Chris' virgin sacrifices. As it was, the weather was brilliant all weekend, but at least we knew we had toys if it hadn't been! Also, thankyou for my newly pimped film camera, I love it!!

Right, brace yourselves, next lot of thanks go to the old boys in the corner. We finally dragged them out of the darkroom, kicking and screaming into the light, armed with a multitude of mechanical film goodies and the sharpest wits... @RaglanSurf @Andysnap @Asha @stevelmx5 @simon ess you guys were awesome [ok, Andy less so this morning, just awesomely hungover] Special mentions to @excalibur2 and @dejongj for popping along with extra toys too. The brand new fashion of Large Format Rurexing started here folks, don't forget it!! :ROFLMAO:

Huge thanks must go to Bernie for the Off Camera Flash lighting and posing tutorials on Saturday, I know what a huge effort he had to make to be there, it was brilliant. Of course thanks too to Bobbie and Mike for being models. Honourable mentions for Jennifer and Summer who would also have modelled if slack@rse had got them there somewhat earlier than he managed :whistle:

Right, this is the BIG one ok, the person who worked hardest all weekend, tirelessly and without complaint. She kept you all fed and watered with surprisingly good humour, considering who she was feeding :D Massive massive thanks to @viv1969 for once again organising and running the kitchen with supreme skill and fortitude in the face of such adversity ;)

Thanks to @boyfalldown for popping along today with the gorgeous Henry for us to point a camera at and generally delight over - well, who wouldn't delight over a wonderfully happy and friendly 10mth old Hungarian Vizla? :LOL:

Lastly, Chris and I can thank our respective mutts and nutty birds for hanging around and being useful lens subjects....sometimes....when they did as they were told, or indeed, stayed somewhere near the hall :whistle: :LOL:

A special honourable mention has to go to @Asha, who took the record for the furthest distance travelled, having made the weekend all the way from the South of France and was utterly priceless all weekend.... and to think, there were people in the South of Yorkshire who said it it was too far away...shame on you! :exit:

So, what comes next is the photo competitions, with prizes from the lovely folks over at Peak Imaging. Later this week I will be posting 2 threads, one for digital photos and one for film photos. All you have to do is post your one best photo from the weekend [one entry per member per thread] and in a few weeks time a poll will decide the winners for each. I will put more info in the threads, but the last thankyou must go to Peak for their incredibly kind sponsorship, very much appreciated.

So, that's your lot, if you don't mind, Chris and I would like to crawl off and sink into a large bottle of something alcoholic each for the next week and I suspect Ruth will probably join us :LOL:

See you all next year...

Thanks to Mark and Chris for organising.... ;)

And yes and of course Yv..... :D lmao

Great Weekend ... People, food and weather were awesome @Cobra got some good Virgins (y)

What a fantastic weekend! Thanks to everyone who made it so and especially to @Yv and @Cobra for all their hard work and @viv1969 for keeping us fed all weekend. :D

Was great to meet up with old faces and new and especially great to meet the Fusty & Crusty bunch and to witness first hand the effects of long exposure to chemicals. :p

@Cobra got some good Virgins

Bryn, you owe me a new keyboard! :eek:

I'll add my thanks to everyone who came along to the meet, some traveled great distances, everyone who organised - a great job again, and everyone who contributed to the day with time and stuff - couldnt do it without any of you, it is very much appreciated, and I thank you all wholeheartedly.

@Yv and @Cobra did a fabulous job of organizing once again and made us all very proud.

Just to reiterate what Yvonne said really, its you guys that came along that made it a huge success, so thank you all for making the journey,
some of you came a little further than some others of course ;)

And of course a big thanks to the "helpers" (both human and otherwise :D )
without whom, there would have been nothing to photograph

And lastly, a big thanks to the sacrificial virgins, some obviously hadn't lied,
the weather wasn't as hot as predicted, but it was certainly hot enough, especially on the Sunday.

nd to think, there were people in the South of Yorkshire who said it it was too far away...shame on you! :exit:

Sod off :p

lol - it was too far considering the work I already had on - so nerrr

Next year though, I'll come and do a bit too (if no-one wants to pay me to do something else that is) :D

Dave

Not sure they meant "BOGOF" when they told you to "bog off" though!

Hopefully we won't have a wedding to attend next year.

Sod off :p

lol - it was too far considering the work I already had on - so nerrr

Next year though, I'll come and do a bit too (if no-one wants to pay me to do something else that is) :D

Dave

oh paranoid?? :LOL: I only said South of Yorkshire as a totally random comparison to South of France :D

Having said that, if you fancy coming next year and offering to share some of your deep well of knowledge, you would be very welcome Dave ;)

if you fancy coming next year and offering to share some of your deep well of knowledge, you would be very welcome

For a second I thought you meant it, then I clocked the smiley winking :D

But yes, if I can come I will do, and if I can be of some use - other than beer tester - feel free to make use :)

Dave

Thanks to all. It was a brilliant day, really enjoyed it. Albeit I was more scared of the snakes than Bobbie and I didn't even have them on me.

I love meeting all, brilliant to see so many film lovers. Great catering, organisation and people.

I still cant get the image of my head where Bernie was demonstrating how to walk like a model. Absolutely brilliant.

How about a pre meet in six months time before the 2016 Mega meet :)

How about a pre meet in six months time before the 2016 Mega meet :)
Don't forget I'll be running the usual nutters meet mid Jan at Whipsnade zoo ;)

I did forget. Yes good point, ill be there.

I've got annual membership anyway :p I'll go by myself the week before together with my friends :(

I'll go by myself the week before together with my friends :(
Awww Billy no mates, :(
Its OK Jp I'll let you be in my gang,
(as Gary Glitter said :D )

I've got you marked now :evil: :p

How about the next mega meet being north of the border in Scotland

Edinburgh maybe?

Who said that??

Alas I am not skilled enough to organise such an event

Sorry..... :(

It'll be cheaper and quicker to get a flight and accommodation to Amsterdam. Hmmm now there is an idea for a mega mega meet.

How about the next mega meet being north of the border in Scotland
Edinburgh maybe?
I suspect that there wouldn't be enough members up there to make it worth while TBH.
The few that have been ooop norff
have had the southern crew moaning, and vice versa ;)
The Location as is, is quite accessible from all parts of the country, just off the M1 andnot far from Luton airport
should anyone decide to fly in, as @Asha did ;)

It'll be cheaper and quicker to get a flight and accommodation to Amsterdam. Hmmm now there is an idea for a mega mega meet.
:D
I just wonder how much photography would actually get done :D

Plenty of 'models' around ;) nice and cheap as well. Febo is a good photography target as well.

What isn't?

Not really accessible if you don't drive though is it ;)
Lootun airport and a taxi, and good accommodation a few minutes walk from the venue sorted (y)

I've offered both years I attended to do an airport or train station run. And several others have as well.

I've heard the 'models' in Amsterdam can be a little camera shy, and that they have large friends who will help you test the water resistance of your camera in one of the canals. :rage:

and that they have large friends who will help you test the water resistance of your camera in one of the canals. :rage:
A couple of visits to an Amsterdam coffee shop for a slice of cake and I doubt that you would care :D

Lootun airport and a taxi, and good accommodation a few minutes walk from the venue sorted (y)

I've offered both years I attended to do an airport or train station run. And several others have as well.

I will remember this....

Just been having a look see at the picture thread from this years meet, some great shots and it looks like you all had a great time.

No problem at all Keith or anyone. Although I draw the limit in driving people to the local dogging spot

I've heard the 'models' in Amsterdam can be a little camera shy, and that they have large friends who will help you test the water resistance of your camera in one of the canals. :rage:
I might know someone whose family member may own a certain amount of shops ;)

Failing that just say; Godverdomme, grote hondelul. Kan je wel tegen een klein meisje. Ga maar even lekker neuken in de keuken. :)

Just been having a look see at the picture thread from this years meet, some great shots and it looks like you all had a great time.
Indeed we did (y)

Failing that just say; Godverdomme, grote hondelul. Kan je wel tegen een klein meisje. Ga maar even lekker neuken in de keuken. :)
Google translate makes a right mess of that, but I get the idea :D

Back