• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

IanC_UK

TPer Emeritus
Name
Ian Cook
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all, well heres a poll on this one :) i may have missed some options so speak up if you think i have ! :)

There are a couple of options that are deliberately vague at the moment, ie motorsport, airshows seaside place etc, if you vote for these drop a suggestion in, and we will discuss or do another poll if that wins ! :)

I have set it as a 7 day poll to give people time to think :)

Hmmm just had a thought, if we made a weekend of it, Snowdon and Portmeirion would both be possible ! :)

I've gone for the seaside , so many opportunities for seascape/landscape/people/fairgrounds/lights .

and ready supply of beer/food and places to stay if needed

I chose the seaside one, loads of opps there.....I don't enjoy zoos but I know that plenty doo....I've not been to a meet at a seaside before.

mrgubby said:
I've gone for the seaside , so many opportunities for seascape/landscape/people/fairgrounds/lights .

and ready supply of beer/food and places to stay if needed

:agree:

BRIGHTON!!! do you live near there Arky? I was thinking more of Aldeburgh or maybe Southwold lol

Your radar needs an overhaul. Or maybe you're not single?

Arkady said:
Day out in Brighton perhaps?

I went to Brighton the other day for the first time. I've fallen in love with the place :love: It's a bit too far away for the northern people though - it would be like us going to the outer hebrides - we need somewhere more central and accessible to the majority.

minimeeze said:
I went to Brighton the other day for the first time. I've fallen in love with the place :love: It's a bit too far away for the northern people though - it would be like us going to the outer hebrides - we need somewhere more central and accessible to the majority.

Went to Whitby a few years back , from what I remember it's rather photogenic

IanC_UK said:
Hmmm somebody really isnt paying attention this morning ! :wacky::bonk:

Fair cop guv :amstupid:

Whitby is a very cool place to take photos - does anyone remember that TV programme ages ago where Don McCullin went on a day out there?
Awesome - wish I had it on tape.

Whitby is nice, so is the area around Scarborough and Robin Hood's Bay

Have voted for seaside town/resort, cos there's a vague-ish chance it might be close-ish to me and the rest of the southwest group!

however, I could've done with 4 votes as I'd be equally happy at snowdon, pormeirion or the lakes. Especially if it's an extended visit!

Motorsport......the Speedway World cup at reading in July. Assuming the Polish team make it through (fairly likely I would have thought) their fans are worth a full CF card all on their own, and then of course you have the speedway action as well.......!

I'd b up for a trip to the east coast. Whitby is superb and it means I can finally get to have a proper look in the Sutcliffe Gallery (It had closed 10 mins before I got there last time I went :( )

I voted lakes but would also be up for Whitby/Robin hoods bay etc.

Keltic Ice Man said:
Maybe we need a meet for the North and for the South - anyone can go to either but just thought might make more people go if its closer.

Any thoughts

Allan

Good idea...there's a fair smattering of Scots on this forum now and the only likely chance of me attending is the Lake District...still a good 4-5 hour drive and the same for the Southern Shandies South of Watford.

Trouble is there are some who have no interest in landscapes; others aren't interested in people or motorsport photography - we need a venue that's suitable for as many styles as possible.
Failing the Whitby/Robin Hoods bay thing (landscapes/people), the Motorsport venue looks good for all except the lanscape fans.
Maybe we shouldn't try to accommodate everyone on just one, pick a few and then those who are interested can go to the one that suits them best.

And I agree about the North/South thing. I'd be fairly reluctant to drive to the Lake District for just one day out.

Whitby is worth a visit - love to see it when it isn't freezing rain!

Voted motorsport as I'll be going back to Silverstone in June anyway. Perhaps we should be considering a weekend get together if distance is going to be a problem for some. I'd certainly be happier travelling up north for more than a day. At least then we'll have a chance to share a few jars together :beer: :beer:

dlh said:
Voted motorsport as I'll be going back to Silverstone in June anyway. Perhaps we should be considering a weekend get together if distance is going to be a problem for some. I'd certainly be happier travelling up north for more than a day. At least then we'll have a chance to share a few jars together :beer: :beer:

Wherever it is (unless it's local) I'm intending to make it an over-nighter. Much less hassle and 24hrs of different lighting :)

I voted seaside (whitby) but am also open to motorsport and lake district, finds and distance allowing.

Right so Seaside it is then ! :)

Now we need to decide WHERE ! lol Do we have another poll ?

Need to find someplace reasonably central !

I remember Whitby being mentioned (i better get the map out cos my geoigraphy is a bit crop nowadays !) like my spelling ;)

Whitby is in North Yorkshire (I think!), on the east coast. Are we having seperate north/south meets or just the one? The next question is WHEN? :LOL:
I think a poll is in order ;)

IanC_UK said:
Right so Seaside it is then ! :)

Now we need to decide WHERE ! lol Do we have another poll ?

Need to find someplace reasonably central !
;)

Central seaside town hmmmmmm, going to be difficult :thinking:

N. wales might be good. Should be roughly equal for all of us, nice seaside towns, beautiful beaches and a few mountains chucked in for good measure.

Failing that, brighton, weymouth (and the south dorset coast is brilliant for seaside stuff) East coast is good but means you have to get up mighty early this time of year for good sunrise light though. Bournemouth area is good, plenty to see and do round there too. Sorry about the southern bias to my suggestions but we do have the best beaches. Honest guv ;)

I voted for seaside town...hoorah.

Bournemouth would get my vote too, after looking in my 'readers digest book of the road' :D

I find two light houses at the 'Bill of Portland' and 'Durlingston Head'

Wildlife reserves/areas right along the beach, called Browsea Island, Shell bay, Studland Heath...all right next to each other covering about 4 square miles of beach, rivers, lakes, woodland and heath...oh yeah.

Then theirs Lulworth; 10 miles away, with Lulworth Castle and the famous Lulworth Cove...and just a short walk along the beach (A mile) is the 'Durdle Door' a fabulous rock arch protruding into the sea....Hmmm nice.

The list goes on and on and on and on. Now where’s that poll. :D

Back