Trapped In A Raindrop - NOW PUBLISHED!

Name
Duncan
Edit My Images
No

Whilst learning about light refraction I decided to take advantage of the rain today and shoot some raindrops on my wife's washing line. And then I happened on this one.

Technically, this was one of the most challenging shoots I've ever attempted. The line was swaying in the wind, I'm on manual everything with the Laowa 60mm and it was about to rain again so time was limited.

Comments and critique welcome.

Spider Trapped & Encapsulated Inside A Raindrop – Laowa 60mm f/2.8 Ultra Macro + Fuji X-T1

Impressive and impressed!
Good goings Duncan!

Wow! I'm not a macro guy so my comment is none technical but really love this specially the last one which give more context.

Thank you, Thomas. It was incredibly difficult and I took about 100 shots. Amazingly, the keeper rate was about 10%. I thought it would be down to 1 shot but am very happy to have got 3 which tell the tale. Thanks again for dropping in!

Last edited:
Excellent set Dunc.

10% is a very good hit rate for a macrographer.

#1 is my personal favourite and the blue line suits the high key style. :)

:plus1: Stunning and well spotted

Well done Dunc, love the colours and the detail, and doing battle with the wind, I am impressed.
Pete

I think this is amazing, and I also think you should submit it to Bing Images of the Day. I'm a Microsoftie and I think they would LOVE this. Shot #1 flipped left to right would tick all the design guidelines for it.

Well, I'm quite chuffed. Barcroft Media have just come back to me and would like to distribute these images to the National Press this Friday for publication! :wideyed:

Please please tell me that you aren't just getting credit.... :D for that you should be paid handsomely

Back