Trip to Barcelona

Name
Toni
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi guys! I'm new here :) My name is Toni. In a month I'm going to visit Barcelona. Who was? How was it? How many days is it better to allocate a trip to see everything?

Wrong section Toni, but welcome. Barcelona has some good places to visit. I reckon 5 days would be enough.

We did three days - was not enough - could easily have done two more.

Beautiful cultural, architectural and
urban assets. But none of these come
close to the people… I love the spirit
of the Catalan artists!

Barcelona. Great place. One of the best.
Where to go? Spoilt for choice.

The Gaudi stuff must be on your list.
Parc Guell
Casa Batllo
La Pedrera
Palau Guell
and most of all Sagrada Familia.
You must go onto the roofs of all of these, and go up a tower in Sagrada. Hang the expense.

All are grockle fests, and rightly so. But you must book in advance. Easy to do online.

Monjuic can fill most of a day, but the cable car can be pricey. The prison is evocative.

Palau de la Musica Catalana is worth it for the glass ceiling alone.

Then there's the harbour area especially for nightime photography.
Las Ramblas, of course, just for the experience and people watching. Everyone says beware of pickpockets but we've never had any problems; just use common sense.

Museu Nacional d'Art de Catalunya is superb even if you never go inside.

Placa de Catalunya has wonderful fountains that are lit with multi coloured dispalys at night, but they stop at 10PM.

Parc de la Ciutidella/Passeig de Lluis Companys(read up on him)/Arc de Triomphe.
Then there's the Old Quarter and the beach area.
It's difficult to know when to stop!

You should visit Nou Camp even if you've no interest in football. That is well worth the €15 entry fee just to see the scale of the operation.

Get a ticket for the tourist buses. Your hotel will probably sell you one at discounted rates. They cover the city and are hop on/hop off. Get a three day pass.

Finally get a good guide book. Something like DK Eyewitness Travel. However long you go for you will still want to go back - it's just one of those places.

Take a day trip out of Barcelona to the Monserrat! I would highly recommend!

Back