Trusted grey import website?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on you two....this is just silly.

If HMRC wanted to close down this loophole I'm sure they could. In the meantime why worry?

And just to add another angle to this argument, if the mainstream UK dealers wanted more trade they could actually compete on price rather than operate the apparent price-fixing arrangement they have at the moment. Just check the prices on camerapricebuster for current model lenses and bodies and see what I mean. Those prices are not a co-incidence.

If HMRC wanted to close down this loophole I'm sure they could. In the meantime why worry?

And just to add another angle to this argument, if the mainstream UK dealers wanted more trade they could actually compete on price rather than operate the apparent price-fixing arrangement they have at the moment. Just check the prices on camerapricebuster for current model lenses and bodies and see what I mean. Those prices are not a co-incidence.
You'll likely find the reason for the pricing similarities is down to the suppliers rather than the retailers.

Crikey, wasn’t really expecting another 2 or 3 pages on this one!!

I think the only way to put this to bed and decide whether we should (or shouldn’t let’s not forget )use grey importers is ask ourselves the question “what would Dominic Cummins do?” :D

once the government need to get extra funds to pay off the money spent tackling this virus I wouldn’t be surprised if they close the loophole.

I received this a few days back. It was a small item ordered from F Stops EU website and sent from their Netherlands warehouse. Clearly it was opened and checked for some reason.

FDFC8D16-ABD5-4F13-9DA2-AA02174A25A5.jpeg

Crikey, wasn’t really expecting another 2 or 3 pages on this one!!

I think the only way to put this to bed and decide whether we should (or shouldn’t let’s not forget )use grey importers is ask ourselves the question “what would Dominic Cummins do?” :D
Do e finity do eye sight testing too???

If you have a child to look after, paying VAT isn't a legal requirement, just a suggestion you can interpret purely by instinct.

right - we've had enough now...

getting too many RTM's about peoples conduct in this thread - as with EVERY grey import thread that's ever been opened on here...

Here's TP's stance on the matter.

https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/t...rey-imports-and-other-assorted-topics.512133/

read that, inwardly digest, and stop being childish and calling each other names.

As the OP's question was answered on the first page, and the rest has been mindless bickering between Thieves/Smugglers/Tax Evaders and Self-Appointed Customs Officers, I think its time has run it's course.

Please - no more RTM's from this thread, especially from Tax Evaders that have made nearly as many RTM's as they have posts on the forum. At best we'll ignore the RTM, at worst, we may take measures for further wasting our valuable time.

So, as with every other Grey Import thread I can remember - Mind the Doors Folks...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back