Trusted grey import website?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have brought from panamoz, I have recently traded in some of my gear uk and imported. Mpb advised me that my 16-80 has fungus in the optics. I emailed panamoz yesterday afternoon had a response saying send it in to nikon and send the estimate when I get it and they will transfer the money to me. The lens is 2 years old.
Get ready, the trolls gonna start saying that you're a panamoz employee.

That aside, please note that mpb will give the fungus excuse to any lens they realise that they over quoted, I once sold them 3 lenses, one of which was a brand spanking new 16-50 kit sony lens which came with my a6300 I got for 399 on prime day from amazon just days before and they said it had fungus, cuz they quoted me that they'd give me 90 quid for it when it's only worth like 70 on the used market.

You say that as a fact, do you have any real proof?
in my experience that's not true at all.
edit:
unless you mean imported legitimately then yes most of the camera gear is manufactured elsewhere in the world so it has to be imported but done so without defrauding the government.
the stuff they get off me and most of my staff is certainly mostly imported. they have no issues getting it off us and reselling it.

the stuff they get off me and most of my staff is certainly mostly imported. they have no issues getting it off us and reselling it.
luckily you most of your staff and you do equal to most of the used gear traded in the UK.

You are happy sell your gear to shops that have to pay tax on their profits and compete in the UK, yet you are happy to dodge them and use services that puts them at a disadvantage. oh the irony! lol

luckily you most of your staff and you do equal to most of the used gear traded in the UK.

You are happy sell your gear to shops that have to pay tax on their profits and compete yet you are happy to dodge them and use services that puts them at a disadvantage. oh the irony! lol
i pay tax on my profits too. Unlike most "photographers"

i pay tax on my profits too. Unlike most "photographers"

but not on your inventory by the sounds of it ;)
that still gives you an unfair advantage over others.

And once again do you have any proof most "photographers" do not pay taxes? or is that just your opinion? shouldn't state it like facts if you can't back it up.
Even if that were the case, two wrongs don't make a right.

that still gives you an unfair advantage over other.

And once again do you have any proof most "photographers" do not pay taxes? or is that just your opinion? shouldn't state it like facts if you can't back it up.
I run my business the legit way. I account for all my in's and outs as i should as a sole trader.
All my taxes are paid, my insurances in order, my drone registration and PFCO in order, my music is licensed and so on. I'm 100% legit.
If you dont like those who buy imported gear or import it themselves, its your opinion. I'm not breaking any laws here.

I run my business the legit way. I account for all my in's and outs as i should as a sole trader.
All my taxes are paid, my insurances in order, my drone registration and PFCO in order, my music is licensed and so on. I'm 100% legit.
If you dont like those who buy imported gear or import it themselves, its your opinion. I'm not breaking any laws here.

I don't like or dislike people based on their choice of shops.
At the same time you going around claiming you aren't breaking the law is not true either. It's been argued ad nauseam on here and elsewhere and we are going in circles. Don't take our word for it I suggest you talk to tax man and he'll tell you what's what ;)

Last edited:
I don't like or dislike people based on their choice of shops.
At the same time you going around claiming you aren't breaking the law is not true either. It's been argued ad nauseam on here and elsewhere and we are going in circles. Don't take our word for it I suggest you talk to tax man and he'll tell you what's what ;)
tell me which law i broke? I buy items of a UK registered business that sells me items in £ and ships the items from London to me. Where am I breaking the law? at what point in that process I AM the importer or RESPONSIBLE for importing items? Which law (actual law, paragraph, etc) did i break?

By your terms, if you buy something off amazon UK/jessops and amazon/jessops dodges taxes (based on your assumption efinity/panamox does), you're breaking the law.

Last edited by a moderator:
that still gives you an unfair advantage over others.

Not two wrongs but but One Wong is involved in E-STAR LOGISTICS AND SERVICES LTD .................... go figure.

WONG, Ka Wing
Correspondence addressRm3013, Block A, Siu Keung House Siu Kwai Court, Tuen Mun, New Territories, Hong Kong

tell me which law i broke? I buy items of a UK registered business that sells me items in £ and ships the items from London to me. Where am I breaking the law? at what point in that process I AM the importer or RESPONSIBLE for importing items? Which law (actual law, paragraph, etc) did i break?

By your terms, if you buy something off amazon UK/jessops and amazon/jessops dodges taxes (based on your assumption efinity/panamox does), you're breaking the law.

YOU know full well where the items come from and how they are 20% plus cheaper, you can act as dumb as you like but the law is the law, write to HMRC and ask them, then come back with their answers.

You even tripped yourself up with the address they are shipped from, one of the owners of E-star logistics is Hong Kong based ! as is Tung Long Tam who owns e-infinity. How many companies do you know have Hong Kong based directors and are shipping electronics into the UK?, and as a side note e-infinity have very little cash in their UK accounts ? go figure ?

Did you get a VAT receipt with your purchases?, because usually you have to ask for one, it is at this point the companies cough up the import duty and vat, they work on the principal that most don't ask for one.

Last edited:
YOU know full well where the items come from and how they are 20% plus cheaper, you can act as dumb as you like but the law is the law, write to HMRC and ask them, then come back with their answers.

You even tripped yourself up with the address they are shipped from, one of the owners of E-star logistics is Hong Kong based ! as is Tung Long Tam who owns e-infinity. How many companies do you know have Hong Kong based directors and are shipping electronics into the UK?, and as a side note e-infinity have very little cash in their UK accounts ? go figure ?

Did you get a VAT receipt with your purchases?, because usually you have to ask for one, it is at this point the companies cough up the import duty and vat, they work on the principal that most don't ask for one.
Still don't tell me what law I broke. Imported cars are also cheaper. Are they avoiding taxes? No, they're just cheaper elsewhere.

Also most stuff is 25-40% cheaper, not "20%" if we were avoiding tax, it wouldn't be 20% saving either as 20% is applied on the net price, not total including vat.

If you buy a lens for 1000 on jessops, you're not paying 200 vat, you're paying around 166. So avoiding Vat would only make it 16% cheaper.

Learn some maths.. And law.

Still don't tell me what law I broke. Imported cars are also cheaper. Are they avoiding taxes? No, they're just cheaper elsewhere.

Also lost stuff is 25-40% cheaper, not "20%" if we were avoiding tax, it wouldn't be 20% saving either as 20% is applied on the net price, not total including vat.

If you buy a lens for 1000 on jessops, you're not paying 200 vat, you're paying around 160.

20% plus, is what was said ! Do you want me to ask HMRC on behalf of your business ?

Last edited:
20% plus, is what was said ! Do you want me to ask HMRC on behalf of your business ?
Please do ask them. If I buy some off a UK business for £ that's sent to me from UK but the origin of that item is other country, if its I'm responsibility to handle the importation, they'll say no. I done all that myself.

Also most stuff is 25-40% cheaper, not "20%" if we were avoiding tax, it wouldn't be 20% saving either as 20% is applied on the net price, not total including vat.

If you buy a lens for 1000 on jessops, you're not paying 200 vat, you're paying around 166. So avoiding Vat would only make it 16% cheaper.

Canon EOS-1D X Mark III DSLR Body

UK price £6499 e-infintiy £5099 which is 24.14% cheaper, now vat at 20% and import at round 3% makes for a very interesting figure does it not ?

and lets face it e-infinity address is:
9/F
Beverly House
NOS.93-107 Lickhart Road
Wanchai
Hong Kong

Last edited:
Canon EOS-1D X Mark III DSLR Body

UK price £6499 e-infintiy £5099 which is 24.14% cheaper, now vat at 20% and import at round 3% makes for a very interesting figure does it not ?

and lets face it e-infinity address is:
9/F
Beverly House
NOS.93-107 Lickhart Road
Wanchai
Hong Kong

This isn't very relevant but, just for the record and a grin, the address will be Lockhart Road and not Lickhart Road. It's the main drag through Wanchai which used to be the red light/girly bar area on Hong Kong Island. I believe it's now a busy commercial and retail zone, but I've heard that there are still some vestiges of the old 'Wanch' left...

This isn't very relevant but, just for the record and a grin, the address will be Lockhart Road and not Lickhart Road. It's the main drag through Wanchai which used to be the red light/girly bar area on Hong Kong Island. I believe it's now a busy commercial and retail zone, but I've heard that there are still some vestiges of the old 'Wanch' left...

What a place:), had some great times in Amazonia:cool:

GC

23% tax avoidance doesn't make a item 23% cheaper. Once again. Check your maths and tell me what law I'm breaking. Cuz saying that efinitys owner is called "wong" has nothing to do with my question

lets go back to laws and less about conspiracy theories:

Notification of importation
4.—(1) Subject to paragraph (2) and regulations 5 and 6, a notification of the importation of goods F1 into the United Kingdom must be given to HMRC by one of the following—

(a)the person who imports the goods;
(b)a person on whose behalf another person imports the goods;
(c)a person who is responsible for the carriage of the goods when they are imported;
(d)a person who makes a Customs declaration F2 in respect of the goods; or
(e)a person approved by HMRC in relation to premises where goods are kept for a storage procedure F3 where the goods are declared for a storage procedure.

Not me, The end.

Meanwhile, you've accused me of being employee of efinity, accused me of being a part-time web designer, acused me of not paying taxes and so on. I can count easily a handful of cases of defamation of character on your posts alone.

I think you should give HMRC customs a phone call and say you have bought 40k worth of a photography stuff and see what they say (y)
they know how much I buy in photography gear every year. It's in my self assessment every year.

23% tax avoidance doesn't make a item 23% cheaper. Once again. Check your maths and tell me what law I'm breaking. Cuz saying that efinitys owner is called "wong" has nothing to do with my question

What on earth are you talking about? I posted a humorous comment on the Wanchai address, and I certainly haven't responded to anything you've said... :rolleyes:

No one said it did, your selective reading getting silly. who said the owner of e-infinity was called Wong ? That's the guy who is a director of the UK business which is on the shipping from address.

Please do ask them. If I buy some off a UK business for £ that's sent to me from UK but the origin of that item is other country, if its I'm responsibility to handle the importation, they'll say no. I done all that myself.

YOU bought from a Chinese company that is 100% the case, no case to answer that is fact end of story, WHY did you buy from them, because they are hundreds if not thousands of pounds cheaper WHY is that do you think ?

It is irrelevant how they got the goods to you, There is not one person agreeing with you in a professional capacity and yet you seem to know all the rules. If you were so good at business you would be vat registered and would have no need to do this ! Now I can see how may think you have an argument, but you simply DO NOT !

anyway enjoy your evening, and tax free toys :)

Last edited:

Its direct of their website, they cannot even put down the correct address, there is no hope :)

No one said it did, your selective reading getting silly. who said the owner of e-infinity was called Wong ? That's the guy who is a director of the UK business which is on the shipping from address.

YOU bought from a Chinese company that is 100% the case, no case to answer that is fact end of story, WHY did you buy from them, because they are hundreds if not thousands of pounds cheaper WHY is that do you think ?

It is irrelevant how they got the goods to you FFS there is not one person agreeing with you in a professional capacity and yet you seem to know all the rules. If you were so good at business you would be vat registered and would have no need to do this ! Now I can see how may think you have an argument, but you simply DO NOT !

anyway enjoy your evening, and tax free toys :)

I bought from a UK website and UK business that ships me items from UK to me. IF they (they do) import. it's their problem/job to declare and pay the correct taxes and import fees.

I have Imported 1 lens ONCE myself (me buying off a HONG KONG SHOP and getting it shipped directly to me) back in 2013, it was about half the price in hong kong and after paying the 200 something import duty+vat , i still saved about 35-40% vs uk retail. I have no doubts that their business can be run legally and still make profits/offer these prices based on my own importing experience. If they do it legally and pay the right tax or not, its not up to me nor my responsibility. My point is that I am not breaking the law, and I have the right to assume they aren't either, handling tens of thousands of orders a year (based on my order numbers, around 80k in the last year), they would have been more than trouble by now if they were dodging millions of pounds of tax.

I dont need to be VAT registered if I have a turnover under £85,000 a year. I'm a sole trader.

I bought from a UK website and UK business that ships me items from UK to me. IF they (they do) import. it's their problem/job to declare and pay the correct taxes and import fees.

I have Imported 1 lens ONCE myself (me buying off a HONG KONG SHOP and getting it shipped directly to me) back in 2013, it was about half the price in hong kong and after paying the 200 something import duty+vat , i still saved about 35-40% vs uk retail. I have no doubts that their business can be run legally and still make profits/offer these prices based on my own importing experience. If they do it legally and pay the right tax or not, its not up to me nor my responsibility. My point is that I am not breaking the law, and I have the right to assume they aren't either, handling tens of thousands of orders a year (based on my order numbers, around 80k in the last year), they would have been more than trouble by now if they were dodging millions of pounds of tax.

I dont need to be VAT registered if I have a turnover under £85,000 a year. I'm a sole trader.

And the UK company name and address is ?

And the UK company name and address is ?
ask them.

panamoz for example is
Panamoz Electronics
3rd Floor, Queensbury House, 106 Queens Road,
Brighton, BN1 3XF
United Kingdom

dunno exactly where efinity are. I assume the storage unit they post me from in London.

It was fun, wasn't it? My memories of the Wanch go back to the 70s, what about yours?

Mine are later than that, late 90's through to 2017. Used to run projects in Shenzhen but always went back to HK for the weekends:). Would loved to have seen HK and Kowloon back in the 70's.

GC

ask them.

panamoz for example is
Panamoz Electronics
3rd Floor, Queensbury House, 106 Queens Road,
Brighton, BN1 3XF
United Kingdom

dunno exactly where efinity are. I assume the storage unit they post me from in London.

If in doubt give another companies details, priceless.

You mean the storage unit that has a totally different company name? e-infinity are NOT registered at that address, you keep telling us you purchased from a UK company but CANNOT tell us the NAME, ADDRESS, CONTACT, VAT NUMBER etc of a company selling in your own words TENS of THOUSANDS orders a year.

If in doubt give another companies details, priceless.

You mean the storage unit that has a totally different company name? e-infinity are NOT registered at that address, you keep telling us you purchased from a UK company but CANNOT tell us the NAME, ADDRESS, CONTACT, VAT NUMBER etc of a company selling in your own words TENS of THOUSANDS orders a year.
efinity head office is in hongkong, i can give you that address or you can go find it yourself , they sort the import/dispatch within uk, likely from the address that shipped it to me. My lens was sent to me from uk to me. those tens of thousands are across the whole world.

You keep going over VAT NUMBER, if you're vat registered, arent you required by law to display your VAT NUMBER on your website? cant see it there.

Mine are later than that, late 90's through to 2017. Used to run projects in Shenzhen but always went back to HK for the weekends:). Would loved to have seen HK and Kowloon back in the 70's.

GC

Was in Kowloon/HK 25 years ago, was amazed at how security guards sat outside banks with sunglasses, black leather gloves and a massive shotgun. We ended up on an island call Chung Chow I think it was called, Was quite a distance from one of the HK harbour/dry docks we were docked at, was a real eye opener to realise when we wanted to go back that not one person spoke English and we had no idea where we had left the ship.

Meanwhile, you've accused me of being employee of efinity, accused me of being a part-time web designer, acused me of not paying taxes and so on. I can count easily a handful of cases of defamation of character on your posts alone.

On the contrary. There isn't any defamation on this thread.

efinity head office is in hongkong, i can give you that address or you can go find it yourself , they sort the import/dispatch within uk, likely from the address that shipped it to me. My lens was sent to me from uk to me. those tens of thousands are across the whole world.

You keep going over VAT NUMBER, if you're vat registered, arent you required by law to display your VAT NUMBER on your website? cant see it there.

My VAT number ? you mean the one on my contact page ?

My point which you clearly cannot understand is the UK company you think you bought from, you know the one you don't know the name of, would be VAT registered if they were dealing with ten of thousands of orders, or are you happy to acknowledge that they are a HK company that import into the UK then bounce it onto you from a self storage facility.

My VAT number ? you mean the one on my contact page ?

My point which you clearly cannot understand is the UK company you think you bought from, you know the one you don't know the name of, would be VAT registered if they were dealing with ten of thousands of orders, or are you happy to acknowledge that they are a HK company that import into the UK then bounce it onto you from a self storage facility.
and if they do that. its still not my job to pay the duty. its theirs at the storage unit. they are the importers.

and if they do that. its still not my job to pay the duty. its theirs at the storage unit. they are the importers.

BUT YOU are the buyer, but as you like to get it cheaper and rip off fine it`s your choice.
That`s it from me now, as had enough of reading fantasy land :D

they know how much I buy in photography gear every year. It's in my self assessment every year.
Your self assessment tax return has nothing to do with vat/import duties etc so the fact they know how much you spend is irrelevant in this debate.
Try contacting revenue and customs, explain how much you've spent, and where you purchased it from and see what response you get.

GC

:D(y)

You are happy sell your gear to shops that have to pay tax on their profits and compete in the UK, yet you are happy to dodge them and use services that puts them at a disadvantage. oh the irony! lol

:ROFLMAO:

He doesn’t have any staff I have seen his website.

He is a complete fantasist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back