Daily T's 365 challenge..... Life begins at 40......

Thank you muchly my lil honey monsters :D

ok today.....................

Well today i knew i wanted to shoot My girl Poppy again and i wanted to get outside with her early ish, this didn't quite happen as by the time she rolled out of bed at 10:30 had breakfast etc... i was still at gone 1pm asking her how long she would be!.......

Anyway it turned out good as one of her good male friends called for her and came with us just down the rd and kept making her laugh which was good as i wanted the natural shots.... but then chaos strikes!.. another 2 friends (sisters) who moved away some months back were on there way over..... plus another mate from the village too... now most normal people would stay with adults have a cuppa and chat etc etc.... nope not me i still wanted a couple more of pops and her friends were all quite eager to have their photos taken so off over the fields we go...........

Now baring in mind we've had a lot of rain recently and flooded fields this probably wasn't the most sensible idea............. my supposedly being the adult and all that... but off we went......

So climbing stone walls and fences.... getting hooked on numerous barbed wire fences... dodging the really really boggy mud... over styes etc... they show me the places they go........

In all honestly it was rather lovely and kinda brings back your own childhood.. the carefree nonsense they talk, the loud loud banter and laughs...... awwww!

Most important for me was them letting me in on it and being at ease to carry on being silly around me....

PERFECT......

So in this photo we have Pops and her friend Phoenix.... they have the giggles because the photos before are of them pulling the most amazing faces at each other and sticking their tongues out....

Day 47/356...........What a day!... by Cg_girl....Rambling Queen x, on Flickr

What a fab day!! Is it bad that I've always thought "man, I wish I had kids so I can make them be in my photos" more than I've thought "man, I wish I had kids so I could love them and be a good mum"?! Hah!! (disclaimer: I do desperately want kids; the photography side of that will be an added bonus!! :LOL: :LOL: )

And a beautiful photo you got from it :)

Great portrait work again Trace, the cross processing suits your subject.
The eye contact with Poppy really adds to the portrait with her friend beside her in a fit of giggles tells a story. :) Iain

Spotted a few of yours on flickr - got some great shots Trace. Love the little story to todays, Im not a horsey person but he looks cute :)

Last edited:
Really liked the story from today T and the shot is great, you have caught them really well. nice stuff.

What a fab day!! Is it bad that I've always thought "man, I wish I had kids so I can make them be in my photos" more than I've thought "man, I wish I had kids so I could love them and be a good mum"?! Hah!! (disclaimer: I do desperately want kids; the photography side of that will be an added bonus!! :LOL: :LOL: )

And a beautiful photo you got from it :)

Great portrait work again Trace, the cross processing suits your subject.
The eye contact with Poppy really adds to the portrait with her friend beside her in a fit of giggles tells a story. :) Iain

And just to add, your back story of the day is priceless :LOL:

Spotted a few of yours on flickr - got some great shots Trace. Love the little story to todays, Im not a horsey person but he looks cute :)

Great candid moment captured there t...well done. (y)

Really liked the story from today T and the shot is great, you have caught them really well. nice stuff.

Very nice Candid moment indeed !

Lovely candid portrait, they look full of mischief :D

Really like the flower in colour too, they both work very well and are as good as each other. Lovely horse shot, and day 47 is great, a really cool fun shot, like the pp.

That last one is a belter! I'm a fan of the cross processing too.

Great eye contact with poppy on the latest shot...super work

Yet again hun, amazing portrait work. Processing is excellent and it looks a cracking natural shot (y)

Lovely shot of the girls Trace, you can tell they were having fun.

Thank you so much guys and i am really sorry for the mass reply, i hate doing this but i am behind on stuff tonight. X

Short blog tonight as i have to get school stuff ready now half term is over and the ironing has been put off................ and off..............................and off.................... and now i cant put it off any longer as... i can't have creased children can i .......

So today uber sexy bokeh on the gorgeous round steps....... i do love my low down shots and the last few weeks it's been that cold and wet i've resisted.............but the sun is out so yippee here we go........

A lovely day had................X

Day 48/356....A lovely day by Cg_girl....Rambling Queen x, on Flickr

Short(ish) and sweet with your blog tonight Trace ;)

i like todays submission, it has some lovely leading lines drawing the viewers eye in and through. Well spotted :) Iain

I love the rich blue colour commenting the curvature of the steps away from us...an excellent find ... Wherever this maybe.... :LOL: :naughty: ;)

two great shots again T :) Love the portrait of Poppy and her friend - absolutely brilliant :clap: :clap: :clap:

I too was drawn by the blue, must say they doooo look familiar :thinking:

hmmm thought I was having a bit of deja vu there Sarah .... glad it isnt just me that is seeing 'double' :naughty:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

SamuelSlade007 said:
Now wondering if I should join in the hysterical laughing?? ;)

Yes why not.... I've been laughing at plenty today....

why not Mr H :) then you can look as crazy as us for a change :LOL:

I er didnt notice the blue but love the BOKEH! The sun creating little sparkles everywhere whats not to like and its just a set of steps :clap:

I love the rich blue colour commenting the curvature of the steps away from us...an excellent find ... Wherever this maybe.... :LOL: :naughty: ;)

Why thank you Kev!.... good find eh!!:D

I too was drawn by the blue, must say they doooo look familiar :thinking:

Hehe thanks Sarah!

Nice submission for today Trace....lovely composition, excellent dof too, a wonderful little shot (y)

Thanks Simon!

Nice composition and depth of field T.

Thanks Phil!

I er didnt notice the blue but love the BOKEH! The sun creating little sparkles everywhere whats not to like and its just a set of steps :clap:

Thanks Ferj!
:thinking: now that last one look familiar :LOL: is this a mini meet going on :cautious: I love that one with Poppy and her friend wonderful moment perfectly captured and processed :clap:

Hahaha thanks Matt!

Trace day 48 is a great shot well done

Thanks Vince!

Some lovely shots again T! :)

Thank you Jake

Short(ish) and sweet with your blog tonight Trace ;)

i like todays submission, it has some lovely leading lines drawing the viewers eye in and through. Well spotted :) Iain

Thanks Iain..... i like your short..ish comment lol!

Interesting shot - be good to see where the steps lead in another days submission :D

That's a possibility Jeffery yes!

Back