Daily T's 365 challenge..... Life begins at 40......

snorton said:
Wow!!!!!

Now that's just a brilliant opening shot. The lighting is absolutely bang on. Looking forward to seeing more of your work this year.

Thank you!! :-D

What a beautiful photo T! Can we have eye contact in the next one please? :D

But no, seriously. It's a great photo and you should be proud! You look amazing. Perfect lighting and processing :)

What a beautiful photo T! Can we have eye contact in the next one please? :D

But no, seriously. It's a great photo and you should be proud! You look amazing. Perfect lighting and processing :)

Damn you guys will be wanting blood next!, i've already been asked to smile too:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Eye contact will be better than smiling so yes next one i promise soon:D

Hehehe thank you!!

good start, love the editing (y)

Thank you Colin!:D

Great start T! - have added a note on flickr
J

Thank you!!.... I nearly did that to be honest but the reason i didn't was because then i would be closer in the image...:eek: also i do kinda like negative space tho i appreciate not everyone does:D

So day 2..... It was rather more relaxed today.... i wonder if that is because i knew in my head i wasn't doing a SP?..:D... Although i guess if i want to become more relaxed at them and improve i had best not leave it too long....... Anyway my shot today....

I love flowers... who doesn't!... One of my favourites are these the Gerbera Daisy, they are so pretty and i love shooting them at all different angles, including the back, backs of things often get missed but to me the detail is still there, shine a light on it and see!

But i have to buy my own.. how may of you girls have to do the same?... and i don't even mean just us singles here.. those with Bf's and hubbys.. do they surprise you sometimes wih flowers? or is it the typical birthday/valentine and thats it?!.....

Maybe this next sentence should be directed to the men........ next time you are out stop and get your gf or wife some flowers!... don't just stick to the 'IN the dog house' bunch... surprise her... ...... most of all it will make her smile!:D

Also if you want me to quit rambling say so .....:D

So here we have day 2... comments welcome of course:

IMG_4978 by Cg_girl, on Flickr

BHAM!!!!... that is so full of depth and beauty!! This is seriously eye popping candy!

Is that selective colouring??

.. hang on...is this one of those flower thingies??

I got married in November and who buys me flowers? My mum hahaha!

That is a gorgeous photo! I'm not usually a fan of selective colour but I think it works really well in this photo. Stunning!

Another great photo - love the setting, the BG works so very well.

May have to run over to Flickr to add to faves!

(ETA - maybe not then!!!)

Last edited:
Very nice Trace, use of selective colour works well & the petals have a velvety feel. Have to say if hubby gets me flowers he tries to get something I'd like to photograph :)

Aww well see that's lovely and thoughtful.. (y)

Thank you!

BHAM!!!!... that is so full of depth and beauty!! This is seriously eye popping candy!

Is that selective colouring??

.. hang on...is this one of those flower thingies??

Awww Thanks Kev, not proper sc the top half of the background was fairly dark anyway, so it was just the wooden floor, zero'ing the orange/yellow hues fixed that and didn't effect the flower colour

And yes Mr C THESE are the cauliflowers lol

I got married in November and who buys me flowers? My mum hahaha!

That is a gorgeous photo! I'm not usually a fan of selective colour but I think it works really well in this photo. Stunning!

See what i mean! typica lol!.... Thank you, i think some photos sc works well if its done right, i've seen some gorgeous ones where the colour does pop, but i have also seen some awful ones where its either not neat or to many things have been picked for it, instead of the one focal point :D

Here you go... 💐.... Now stop moaning ;)

Anyway... Another corker!... You know you only have another 363 days to keep this standard up and I have a serious question (there's a refreshing change!)... What lens are you using?

Last edited:
Another great photo - love the setting, the BG works so very well.

May have to run over to Flickr to add to faves!

(ETA - maybe not then!!!)

Haha hold on just about to put on its still on private!.... And thaaaaank you!!!:D

vince31 said:
Trace loving day 2 , my kind of photography , love the composition and PP

Thank you Vince! It's been awhile since I've done a decent flower shot! I think this 365 is exactly what I needed to get me back doing what I love :)

If I got the wife flowers she would immediately be suspicious!
Good work today again T, like that a lot. And you are giving me inspiration too.

Phil

I'd have maybe been tempted to angle it a little but the focus and DoF are really nice the wood floor? works really well and I think that the use of colour popping really makes it come to life :D

Matt

Now that's a really good image Trace.....

Thank you Lee:D

Here you go... 💐.... Now stop moaning ;)

Anyway... Another corker!... You know you only have another 363 days to keep this standard up and I have a serious question (there's a refreshing change!)... What lens are you using?

Arghhhhh i know and it's damn scary, i was fine this morning becausei roughly had an idea of this one but tommorrow i'm not sure yet, i've created a 365 fb page and people can give me themes so may pick something.....

Oh and its kit lens 17-135mm :D

If I got the wife flowers she would immediately be suspicious!
Good work today again T, like that a lot. And you are giving me inspiration too.

Phil

Thats's because you don't do it often enough!:D ...... I'm glad i'm giving you inspiration, this time of year can be total pants for phtography, so it's coming up with stuff indoors.. to be honest indoor stuff is usually angles and composition..

I'd have maybe been tempted to angle it a little but the focus and DoF are really nice the wood floor? works really well and I think that the use of colour popping really makes it come to life :D

Matt

That's actually not a bad idea, i had taken loads at different angles when it was in a vase but on the floor i left it like this..... hmmmmm you got me curious now....:D

Love it! Simple & beautiful.

Great iamge the petals are sharp but soft at the same time if you see what I mean :)

Last edited:
Beautiful :) as usual :)

Thank you Vince! It's been awhile since I've done a decent flower shot! I think this 365 is exactly what I needed to get me back doing what I love :)

It sounds like someone is getting their mojo back ;)

Lovely image for day 2 Trace, the muted colours and lighting set the subject off a treat. Iain

It sounds like someone is getting their mojo back ;)

Lovely image for day 2 Trace, the muted colours and lighting set the subject off a treat. Iain

Thank you Iain!... Yes last night i thought i was too, but its seriously bad today and it's only day 3:eek:

Thank you Iain!... Yes last night i thought i was too, but its seriously bad today and it's only day 3:eek:

I haven't done a 365 before so am in no position to give advice but an idea sprung to mind. Can you find a go to subject? A default subject if you like. Mine for my 52 were pebbles. Do you have a collection of anything? Something that when inspiration is lacking you can grab a shot of to keep you up to date.
I think even the best photographers have days where inspiration is lacking, I doubt the best nail it every single time. If you could find a default subject, that would keep things ticking over until your next cracking image. Just a thought :D

Good luck with the challenge T. Really like day 2, great colours and like the wood (?) foreground

Back