Tuesday 9th - iPhone 6 and Apple Watch day

Me too..I say "I" but I'm in charge of the company mobiles so....

Sold my 5s so will be getting one, in 128gb, when released.

I phone 6 looks good
the screen resolution is lower than the competition tho
will have to see one in the flesh to see if that actually is noticeable
I'm on a Samsung s3 at the moment thinking of an iPhone when I come to upgrade as I've got an ipad and macbook too
the Samsung s5 looks good too tho:)

Shocked they haven't upped the camera though since the 4s?! Bigger screen seems to be what a lot want but I'm not sure how this will go down with apple fans.

The apple watch looks crazy!

Don't think the iPhone plus will fit in my pocket. The normal one will be a squeeze!

Just been watching the apple watch video. Wow, really really like that.

Im a bit of a fan of Apple I must admit and these "big" updates such as the 5 and 6 usually give big changes compared to say the S models which just add small touches. However I'm not sure how I feel on the 6 or 6 plus. Can't really say I get the iWatch either.

Perhaps I'm just getting old and becoming more skeptical of it all haha. I might just keep my iPhone 5 32GB for the time being.

I'm hoping to get the 6 64GB. I've got an iPhone 4 at the moment. Has been faultless since new but time to upgrade.

Me thinks I'll see improvements in every area. Performance; Screen; Memory; Camera <crosses fingers>

Now the question - dive into a monthly contract or buy up front like I did last time?

It does make me laugh all the iPhone haters. I must have forgotten all those amazing multitouch phones before the iPhone came out.

I like iOS and the iPhone 6 is better than a 5s. Seems perfect to me.

Bit gutted that no more info regarding Yosemite was given. It's about time that they changed the handset size - 128gb still confuses me, what can you fill a phone up with that needs such a large drive size? More to the point - with the pushing of iCloud wouldn't it make more sense to utilise that more instead of running the risk of losing a handset with 128gb's of data stored on it?
The watch looks good but because I don't own am iPhone I can't use it :-(

Galaxy note 4 and Motorola 360 for me then!

I ran out of space on my iPhone as I have nearly 50 gigs of music. Doesn't leave space for much less so will welcome 128gb.

I ran out of space on my iPhone as I have nearly 50 gigs of music. Doesn't leave space for much less so will welcome 128gb.

I'm in a slight quandary, I'm not a storage "hog", I'm only using around 9GB on my 5s (including TomTom Western Europe which is about 2GB). But now for £80 extra I can jump from 16 to 64...

I'm in a slight quandary, I'm not a storage "hog", I'm only using around 9GB on my 5s (including TomTom Western Europe which is about 2GB). But now for £80 extra I can jump from 16 to 64...

That's exactly my thought Dave - for a relatively small outlay it makes sense.

Bit gutted that no more info regarding Yosemite was given. It's about time that they changed the handset size - 128gb still confuses me, what can you fill a phone up with that needs such a large drive size? More to the point - with the pushing of iCloud wouldn't it make more sense to utilise that more instead of running the risk of losing a handset with 128gb's of data stored on it?
The watch looks good but because I don't own am iPhone I can't use it :-(

Galaxy note 4 and Motorola 360 for me then!
240fps HD video will take a bit of storage :) Failing that, things like Sky+/On-demand watching and movies...Games are getting bigger etc...

I'm looking forward to it - the 6+ looks nice but it's just too big for me! it won't fit in a pocket nor in the car where it will be charged. I've been holding off for years now as I got the 4 on release date and it's pretty much dead ( home button hasn't worked properly for years, it hangs, crashes and is painfully slow ).

Just a few weeks left...

They have.

Agreed, in areas where it counts for such a small sensor in my opinion. Much better lens, improved low light, improved focussing etc.

They have.

Okay, let me rephrase, I'm surprised they haven't really upped the megapixels since the 4s. To the average customer, telling them they've improved the camera by this and that doesn't always sell. They want to see more megapixels as they believe this is better.

Possibly. Considering the results people are getting I doubt the majority would even know the amount of megapixels. Many people don't care, they just see it take nice pictures for Facebook or snapchat v

Possibly. Considering the results people are getting I doubt the majority would even know the amount of megapixels. Many people don't care, they just see it take nice pictures for Facebook or snapchat v

Don't get me wrong it will still sell lol I'm an assisant manager in a phone shop 4 days a week and even though samsung have plastered advertising everywhere possible in our stores and the iphone now sits a little out of it, they still sell. We are finding though that people are more and more asking for comparisons between android phones to iphones and the one thing that people seem to get excited over are the megapixels.

'Whats the differences between the s4 and s5?' surprising not that much.. 'but the cameras better... I'll have that one' :facepalm:

Not massively interested in this even though I'm a serial iphone user but just wondering what the deal is with screen resolution or lack of it. Is there actually any perceived or real advantage in having more pixels on such a small screen? Just a curiosity I now have having read this thread.

Not massively interested in this even though I'm a serial iphone user but just wondering what the deal is with screen resolution or lack of it. Is there actually any perceived or real advantage in having more pixels on such a small screen? Just a curiosity I now have having read this thread.

If you check out the LG G3 the screen is crazy! I guess if you use your device to show clients work etc then they'd certainly look impressive.. But again would most people be aware of the differences without having something side by side to compare to?

The iPhone screen resolution is another thing android users will be laughing at as again this something they haven't moved forward massively with. But lets face it.. the iPhone is a great phone! *coming from an android user*

Phone? Meh. It's bigger (remember when people tried to make them smaller?), faster, prettier, more expensive. So it's just a new phone.

Payment system? Very, very impressive indeed. If it works this will be awesome (and I bet most of the phone cleverness is actually making this work and secure). BUT it's US only ATM and I can't honestly see it taking off in Europe. They still use mag & sig in the US so it's a great upgrade but we have a very different system here. Also, getting out a $600 phone to pay for a $3 coffee? Hmm....

Watch? I want to love it. It looks exquisitely designed and very clever indeed - but I honestly think Apple have jumped the shark. They have made something very clever and beautifully designed - but I think they forgot to ask themselves if people wanted it. Fanboi sites are stuffed with people going "WANT!!!!!" right now but once the froth has cooled I think takeup may be lower. It's a very expensive watch (partly because you need an iPhone to make it work) that does loads of cool things......all of which your iPhone does. People stopped wearing watches because of phones. They may start wearing them again if somebody could crack the "watch is actually a phone" problem. But as an add-on to a $600 phone? I'm really not sure I see the point.

Phone? Meh. It's bigger (remember when people tried to make them smaller?),

what i was saying this morning in the office.

Payment system? Very, very impressive indeed. If it works this will be awesome (and I bet most of the phone cleverness is actually making this work and secure). BUT it's US only ATM and I can't honestly see it taking off in Europe. They still use mag & sig in the US so it's a great upgrade but we have a very different system here. Also, getting out a $600 phone to pay for a $3 coffee? Hmm....

i wonder if it will take as long to roll to the UK as iTunes Radio which was released in the US with iOS7...

i wonder if it will take as long to roll to the UK as iTunes Radio which was released in the US with iOS7...

I can't imagine Streamline making it quicker for them.

BTW am I dreaming or was there something called Google Wallet that looked similar?

Back