Turnstone in St. Ives

Cool separation from the BG but
isn't it a tad over PP'ed, Liam?

I agree with Kodiak, looks a bit too overdone to me, but good that you can get close!

Still looks waaaay over done for my tastes - look at the chroma noise in the background - dial down the saturation.

Nice shot though :)

Liam,

PP is to photography what makeup is to young girls!

As the recorded data was "seen" by a mineral sensor,
PP will bring some more "organic" look to its features.
This can be easily overdone… like makeup!

Much better although still a little too much for me, I think like @htid says the contrast is a little strong (or the blacks slider is too high).

Yes that's much better! There wasn't MUCH wrong with the original tbh! Only a small adjustment needed and you've nailed it now.

Cheers guys, I've always had a tendency to over edit images, here's to breaking that habit!

Do you have a decent monitor? Cheap monitors make it difficult to edit.

I've been watching your edits evolve and you now have a really good natural looking photo with th bird itself nice and sharp too. Good progress made and far better than the first 2. Well done.

Was going to have a go at it for you (my noob take :) ) but you don't allow to edit your images.

Basically then, what I would've done is (with LR) use the adjustment brush and paint over the bird only. Then I would set some Sharpness, tone down the Highlights a bit, add a teensy bit of Clarity and maybe a touch (+4 maybe) of Saturation on the bird only and leave the BG untouched.

Back