TV adverts that get on your nerves.

The two which are really bugging me at the moment ( probably as I am getting on a bit) are the ones for cremations and the over 50's life cover-Hello June do you want some parnips?-They say they pay out every claim- of course you have to dead in order to claim

Jet 2 ads area pest in my house, wife hates the jingle but will reach for the laptop to check on cheap deals.

I know an ad that'll get on your nerves
Get on your nerves
Get on your nerves...

I sing similar in the pub to get served quickly, or to annoy the wife in the car, there’s no escape!

The ads on Channel 5/ MY5 are particularly annoying but what annoys me even more is that before the ads they tell you what's coming after the ads, and after the ads they tell you about what you just watched. An hour long programme then has about 30 minutes of content.

Vodaphone, advert re mobile roaming and that dreadful tagline ‘whaurs ma phone’ or whatever. Not for me, good adverts might encourage me to look at their products when required, bad ones, well avoid those goods with a vengeance.

good adverts might encourage me to look at their products when required, bad ones, well avoid those goods with a vengeance.
Absolutely.
Just like that one with some woman waxing her face, or the guy cooking suggesting that they will never see how to finish what they were doing as they were on the wrong BB supplier.

All of them. I don't recognise adverts today. They are a strange and alien world. I'm old enough to remember adverts that were entertaining skits in their own right. And I can still recall jingles from the Sixties. I think I'd struggle these days.

Everything Lloyds bank do , Absolutely nothing to do with banking , Dire.

Everything Lloyds bank do , Absolutely nothing to do with banking , Dire.
But their logo is a black horse.

I listen to LBC most of the time,these days..used to be the Five Live phone-in until someone on here posted ,to me, a clip of James O'Brien. LBC is funded by ads and some drive me nuts. I haven't seen the TV ad for "We buy any car.com" but on LBC they also have this ad and at the end a few women sing "we buy any car" a few times in the manner of chilren "singing" Naaa,naaa na naaa, naaa".It's so childish. They have breaks almost every 15 minutes and I know when they are about to come so I turn the volume to zero.I've done it so often I'm really good at knowin g just when to turn the volumne back up after they've finished :)

When I look at TV ads..although I mostly watch BBC and Channel4, I wonder who thought a particular ad was something that would strike a chord..in a positive way..not rattle people, with actors doing utterly stupid dances and jerky movements. If a car was being being advertised they'd be better just having a few sentences about the merits of it.

Jet 2 ads area pest in my house, wife hates the jingle but will reach for the laptop to check on cheap deals.

We've been with Jet2 twice (package holidays) and they are excellent and top the Which? surveys time and time again. The seats also have more leg room than most.

Last edited:
All of them. They even increase the volume for ads which makes them worse.

There are regulations in place but the advertisers manage to get round them because the regs are rather nebulous being about the 'average volume level of the programme/film/show/etc that they are embedded in.

There are regulations in place but the advertisers manage to get round them because the regs are rather nebulous being about the 'average volume level of the programme/film/show/etc that they are embedded in.
My5 are the absolute worse ( maybe other streaming service are the same?)
when ever I stop something, where ever I stop till later, it always opens on an "ad break"

We've been with Jet2 twice (package holkidays) and they are excellent and top the Whjch? surveys time and time again. The seats also have more leg room than most.
Been away twice this year with Jet2, booked another for November, so far.

Finally, a good old-fashioned advert from TWIX showing on the TV

Last edited:
Just spotted another one, some bloke shouting Sausage,
to advertise insurance. :rolleyes:

Who remembers Esther Rantzen and her "sausages" dog?
Just as bad.

I didn't understand that Sausage ad at all, it really was a waste of their money.

I didn't understand that Sausage ad at all, it really was a waste of their money.
Me either, I just think its embarrassing, but I guess the guy is getting paid for looking a total twatt

Head & Shoulders
All betting ads.
The current Meercats ads with the Wombat

I can no doubt add more later ;)

I never see ads on TV. I barely watch it anyway. The only place I'll see them is on YT, and they are just as annoying.

I never see ads on TV. I barely watch it anyway. The only place I'll see them is on YT, and they are just as annoying.
I don't watch much TV either, perhaps that why I find the majority so damned annoying.

Yes, I was always a BBC sort of guy. :p

I don't watch much TV either, perhaps that why I find the majority so damned annoying.
I watch a lot of TV but I always record what I want, watch when I want and skid through the adverts. Ain't technology wonderful? :naughty:

We are mostly watching streamed stuff now, off player, itv, Netflix, sky box sets, and our own DVD's. We just watch news programs live (BBC, ITV, C5 mainly) but that's more to have something on whilst feeding the pets and preparing our own dinner. We've already decided not to renew our Sky sub when the contract runs out as our main tv's are smart ones and can stream using built in apps via our broadband.

the music by Jess Glynne..quite catchy in itself but when you listen to the rest of her discography sounds the same....

Me either, I just think its embarrassing, but I guess the guy is getting paid for looking a total twatt
Whats worse is I cant even tell you what its advertising. I have completely switched off from it.

The Tesco ads - the one with the bloke down the well irritated the f*** out of me as it was every single ad break, now they use the same footage and redubbed it but the facial expressions and movements dont match the spoken words.

The car ad with a flying pink flamingo ???

The good old days of Yellow Pages, BT, Guinness, Hamlet cigars, From a kid I can remember "Rumble on down to Rumbelows"

Whats worse is I cant even tell you what its advertising
I watched it to the end out of morbid curiosity,
It's dog ( pet) insurance. What a silly sausage he is...

Last edited:
Whats worse is I cant even tell you what its advertising. I have completely switched off from it.

The Tesco ads - the one with the bloke down the well irritated the f*** out of me as it was every single ad break, now they use the same footage and redubbed it but the facial expressions and movements dont match the spoken words.

The car ad with a flying pink flamingo ???

The good old days of Yellow Pages, BT, Guinness, Hamlet cigars, From a kid I can remember "Rumble on down to Rumbelows"

Too many lines of coke, I suspect.

Back