TV Tonight BBC 3 22:30 - Paparazzi: Next Generation

green jackets to fast for me, i was in minden with 1RRF,RGJ was in the same town

oh i know holland well i have a lot of dutch friends, none who do substances though dont need it.

i never mention srebrenica they are emabarresd by it as well they should be.

3 years in bosnia stoped my creative photography for a long time as i did not want to exploit suffering arty wise.if they found a camera at a checkpoint likely be smashed and you thumped.i did document want i saw though when i had a chance.

i was asked to photograph prince charles when he came over on a semi-secret mission to boast our moral.no publicity he did it for us.i just did meet and greet stuff and handed the film over to our boss so only have a few pics fom it.

Did you take any shots while on duty? Conflict photography type work?

watchin it now on the iplayer, a friend of mine was on the last series

long dead thread, but quite interesting, be interesting if these guys were still active on here.

i ended up watching this last night. tbh i found 1 of them to be very immature, but i think the guy who went for the long shots seemed to have his head screwed on alright. i think if you're disciplined and prepared to wait in a bush for 2 weeks theres good money to be made at this...

Would love a go at this but my morals and patience would take a battering I think. Also I wouldn't know a celeb if they smacked my camera away.

I think I'd go a little insane if I were to do this. Either that, or sit all day and wait for them, nip to the shop for 2mins and miss the celeb :LOL:

i would say for the people involved in 'scrums' theres no photography skill whatsoever....1/250, f8, stick the camera continuous high and away you go! it's more about your intelligence gathering. somebody spying on a filmset though, i can see that being more like wildlife photography...long lens, camoflage and movement etc.

You still have to frame the shot. Try doing that accurately with no camera shake in a scrum. As was said in the show (Watched it quite a while ago) the agencies are quite fussy about what they accept.

i would say for the people involved in 'scrums' theres no photography skill whatsoever....1/250, f8, stick the camera continuous high and away you go! it's more about your intelligence gathering. somebody spying on a filmset though, i can see that being more like wildlife photography...long lens, camoflage and movement etc.

That's the appeal for me, maybe there's a stalker inside of me wanting to come out :thinking:

James Bond would have made a good pap.

I think its quite interesting how the member that started this thread (fraggle) is now assisting TP Hacker with weddings. Clearly there isn't the money to be made as a paparazzi as people may think or he would still be on the streets papping the celebs.

i don't know, i think it's one of those things where you have the knack or you don't.....it seems like there is the cash to be had, but it's in harsh conditions, waiting on the street for hours on end so i think one could be forgiven for wanting to move on eventually.

I watched this last night, obviously a re-run....

The issues from last nights programme as I see it are as follows.

1. Reckless Driving.

2. Invasion of Privacy.

3. Morals of an ant.

There is NO EXCUSE for this type of behaviour from ANY photographer, I have often come across celebs whilst out and about and have no problem ASKING them if it is ok to have a pic, sometimes with a passing 'fan' of the celeb and in 99% of cases they agree. Some even agree to have pics taken with friends providing it is NOT for sale... As a result of GOOD MANNERS when I see them, it has resulted in PRIVATE work for many of them at Gigs, Functions and Events whereby the work earns me far more than I can earn 'papping' them and it gave me a break working on a Film taking Stills, a career I still enjoy 15yrs later....

Watching it on iPlayer now - firstly they seem way out of order, swearing every five mins and to me it seems scrumming like a rugby player with no interesting images - but I think the one 19 year old who blasts away with his 70-200mm looked like a cool photographer who knew a little more about composition.

Found that one guy funny with all the equipment and his 300mm f2.8 then he talks about the other bloke with £1200 worth of equipment in total.

Anyway not finished the programme yet, oh and the driving is HURRENDOUS. Red Lights late braking- the chaps evenn complained about the smell of the clutch burning :shake:

Oh well so far I like the 70-200mm MacBook 19 year old dude. Can't remember there names. Oh and how rude is the guy who is now wearing a white cap. Blimey mate- chill out.

Sorry for this perhaps messy post. Quite enjoying it ***.

Sorry to drag up an Old post.

But I was watching this again on youtube, and I stumbled upon another part which I didn't see before.

It shows the phonecall from to Ryan Essex from another pap who apparently lost money from Ryan's "Short It" escapade.

Gets pretty nasty
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Oj0DiEE_Ls

Back